Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by Danyutz »

that's an idea, I have the Civic, guess I will sell it and make room for the M3
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Man the Supra rocks in drag racing!!I nearly got into 6's in quarter mile with level 3 parts(NOS at level 1) and no other tune, beat everything and became the drag king without any restart whatsoever.
How can i get level 4 parts for it?? Because by bonus markers it's impossible it's so annoying i'm always trying to dominate the event and it always gives me bonus parts for my drift car (RX-7) lol.
This game is quite good, i turned off speech and world lighting effect or something and i like it , it gets better and better as you advance.
PS: Did any of you manage to beat the showdown king? I have a level 3 Skyline and i'm driving absolutely perfect(my fingers hurt lol) and at the first event (Speed Challenge) he leaves me tens of seconds behind it's absolutely ridiculous.
Flegmatica
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Flegmatica »

I hate EA, they make game fast fast fast and then put it on market to get lots of cash, after game released they wont care it anymore. What game needs is a big repair, and thats patch. I dont think EA will do it, cuz they are too busy to reading the money.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

This game OWNS!!! :D
Played for 1-2hours straight probably lol, this game feels so long, i finish doing 8 races and still 1% career completion, this games gonna take awhile 8).
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

just got the Street King title :D
awesome game with some flaws (unskippable cutscenes, DJ, totalling/damage system fails at times)
the "kings" are truely pathetic though.. especially the Grip and Speed.
idiots totalled 2 out of 3 times -_-. Ryo was a fair challenge in a few races, but nothing really impressive... maybe im just too good? :mrgreen:
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I've been playing pro street for a couple of days and i don't think it's as good as most wanted :roll: .
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

YaelDjiel wrote:just got the Street King title :D
awesome game with some flaws (unskippable cutscenes, DJ, totalling/damage system fails at times)
the "kings" are truely pathetic though.. especially the Grip and Speed.
idiots totalled 2 out of 3 times -_-. Ryo was a fair challenge in a few races, but nothing really impressive... maybe im just too good? :mrgreen:
With every single race dominated ?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

yes, everything is green
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I'm somewhere @ 14% -_-
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

I just dominated every race and won the game. The only non-dominated race is the last nitrocide race day just before the speed king. I just lag like hell.

Also RYO was very easy. You could just push him off the track in speed challenge races and total him. That's what i did.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i was doing so poorly money wise and car wise on my first career that i had to start a whole new one. :lol:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I'm about 40% in to the game, and so far I've liked what I've seen. I definitely like the more realistic physics (compared to other nfs series games) except for drifting which is more slippery than soap at the bottom of a bathtub. There's almost no grip at all in drift mode and definitely took some getting used to before I stopped sliding all over the place hitting everything in sight...

(at king settings, and no other "helpers" either except racing line)

The game has been stable too, not a single crash (pun intended) yet. Refreshing, remembering the previous nfs titles on pc.
-2fast4Ux2-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -2fast4Ux2- »

well i read some good reviews and some bad reviews soo im hoping its better than thse reviews say....im hoping the graphics dont stink for ps2...like some of them say...well as you cna see i dont own pro street yet im hoping to get it for christmas.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Well, I complained about the demo, but the full release is much better, qualified as the best NFS ever for me. Physics is much more realistic, Graphics is much smoother and more colourful, the virtual japanese girl is SEXY! OK, in my typical fashion, a few negative comments, the difference between different level performance parts are not noticable; fwd and rwd cars do feel different accordingly, which is good, but all fwd and all rwd cars feel roughly the same, not much of a difference between the characteristics of cars, and awd cars all feel like fwd, I haven't tried the lambo yet, so don't know how that feels. Online leaderboard, is that real or what, I am automatically logged in EA nation, but all I can see on the leaderboard for today is myself (account: rockskull001), and the game quite often tells me I broke track lap record, I don't lack confidence of being able to beat anyone, but it is rediculous to think I beat the records that easily. Oh, one more thing, as I always played with no electronics assistance and king driving mode, I didn't notice until quite so far into the game that if you choose the casual driving mode, the game almost takes care of everything for you: active steering with progressive acceleration and braking, what's the point of that? for 2-year old?
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
toddlls
Stock
Stock

Post by toddlls »

Hey peoples, I have just got my hands on nfs-pro street, and I must say its pretty good. Only one issue with the game- there are only 2 controller options unlike carbon which had a better button assignment more inline with what I prefer-standard driving controls- gear options on l1-r1/l2-r2, hand brake-l1,r1, nos l1/r1. Having gear up-r1 & gear down-r2 is a bit of a pain in the butt, so I write this to the nfs creators, pls put more choice for controller options back in the game, pleeeeaaaassseee
N_K_B
Ricer
Ricer

Post by N_K_B »

The games is one of the best release of the EA once again..
i have played many racing games like BURNOUT, codemaster's rally racings, and many more but the real master is Need For Speed series... after developing tonnes of racing games they really made it to the limit that a developer can think off..!
i really dont know from where this people go and think off.. NFS series got much better handling than any other car games can do. and one off the best career recuiter...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I have a bit of a problem...

System:
3.2ghzP4 HT northwood
1.25gig DDR400 RAM
Plenty of fast HDD space (3HDDs, one for PF/ temp, one for games, one for system stuff.)
7600GT

Menu on full settings- ~30FPS
Ingame on minimum settings- ~20FPS

So, what's up with that?
Mathematics
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mathematics »

baumaxx1 wrote:I have a bit of a problem...

System:
3.2ghzP4 HT northwood
1.25gig DDR400 RAM
Plenty of fast HDD space (3HDDs, one for PF/ temp, one for games, one for system stuff.)
7600GT

Menu on full settings- ~30FPS
Ingame on minimum settings- ~20FPS

So, what's up with that?
the menu is simply ONE CAR and the background & floor textures. Raes are 8 cars, plygonal objects such a trees and rocks, flags and the damage engine.
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

Yea, but look at his specs, I have way worse than that and I run on medium settings perfectly.
Kasaioni
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kasaioni »

Anyone here get the Wii version? I haven't got it yet but I think its pretty stupid how they took out online for it, the Wii is totaly capable of any type of online play, but I guess that is totaly Nintendo's fault.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've only been playing for a couple of hours but so far Pro Street doesn't look promising. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it, but it just feels tedious. Also I know it's the beginning of the game but I feel as though I'm constantly being outclassed by the computer, just to try and make things harder. By this I don't mean I'm driving badly, but I hardly consider it fair when I have to run a time attack in my stage1/2 240SX against a 400bhp Cosworth,
I guess it's the obvious unfair match-ups like this that is making it tedious, it feels like I'm doing the same race over and over.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

wait until you get the 1st r3ACT team sessions raceday. You'll want to be outclassed by the cars and you'll want to use that 240sx.
Mathematics
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mathematics »

Kasaioni wrote:Anyone here get the Wii version? I haven't got it yet but I think its pretty stupid how they took out online for it, the Wii is totaly capable of any type of online play, but I guess that is totaly Nintendo's fault.
@ italics, whoever said it was in the game at all?
@ bold:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

dang! ive been using a bmw m3 e46 and a pagani zonda for speed challenge. dang! if anything is more on the edge of your seat in a racing game, its got to be finishing a race in the nitrocide org. i use my bmw for speed challenges and the zonda for the top speed races. the zonda is very hard to control. ive totalled it about 3 times in the first 4 tries with it.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

So the 240SX is worth keeping? What other cars are useful this early on, I don't want to waste what little money I do have on buying a dud.

Return to “ProStreet”