Coolest cars you've seen

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: coolest cars youve seen

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The only little thing that I don't like on the new LP640 compared to the old one is the front splitter, but it still looks and just all around is AWESOME!!!
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Yesterday there was a road parade, featuring for the first time here the red bull formula 1 car. Here's the video of it.. and at the end of the vid you can see Singapore's newest patrol car, audi r8.... nawww.. i was just kidding XD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzMY6rI5pfU

And today while at work, 8 or 9 ferrari's in black and red roared past my workplace. i was attending to guests when it happened.

And after work, while waiting for bus to arrive, there's this truck carrying a porsche.. there's an F1 logo on it..

donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Why do i keep seeing videos on youtube of Bugatti veyron's on the road? did it come out already or are these just test cars?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Lol, I hope you're kidding. They've been in production since 2005...
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

donaldgladden wrote:Why do i keep seeing videos on youtube of Bugatti veyron's on the road? did it come out already or are these just test cars?
Have you been under a rock??

First time I heard of it was in '06, and that was just before it got the OK for street legality. So it's been out for a fairly long time...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Man, i keep seeing awesome cars cruising around Ivanhoe, in Melbourne. Just on the way to school I saw this DB9 and a V8 Vantage parked on the shopping strip.

I also saw a Porsche 911 GT3 AND a Torbo Cabriolet from my car, somewhere around Knox.
oh snap
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060421.005 ... m400-model

We were driving to Richmond, Virginia and were on I-81, when one of these and a Porsche 911 GT3 passed us. I only just discovered what kind of car it was. The license plates said New York State, so I have no idea what they were doing in Virginia.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I didn't know they sold Nobles in America...

Has anyone ever seen a GT2 in Australia???
oh snap
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I saw a Skyline R34 GT-R today. I'm in the US (southwestern part of the US), so this probably sounds crazy as R34s are pretty rare in the US. Due to that, I'm actually going to list some details about it:

Bayside Blue (also known as stereotyped R34 blue. looked EXACTLY like it; definitely was not fake, as far as I could tell)
Front mounted intercooler said "XS" (XS Engineering, almost definitely)
Stock spoiler
Stock bumpers except the back bumper (which looked odd. also, only one cylindrical exhaust tip (which was, oddly enough, on the right side of the car), but other than that, it looked pretty much like the stock R34 rear bumper)

IAQ (inevitably asked questions):

- No, this was probably not a base-model ER34. ER34s have weird-looking front bumpers and weird taillights.
- No, this was probably not an ER34 with GT-R parts. Motorex supposedly only imports ( / imported) GT-Rs and thus base-model ER34s are probably less common in the US than GT-Rs.
- It could very possibly have been another car with a very thorough body makeover to make it look exactly like an R34, but the chances of that are slim - the wheelbase and car proportions looked right and would be hard to fake.
- No, I'm not making this up.
- Someone else saw it too, so I was not imagining it or anything.
- Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures. :(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

=-)... there are quite a few hardcore GTRs in AU. :D Seen a 1000 hp one being run on the dyno.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I've seen a few more nice cars in our workshop lately.
The new 2IC has an N13 Pulsar that does 12's . . . very unreliable though. He's pulling out the gearbox every other weekend, or he was, because he doesn't run it much anymore. It's for sale, actually. He wants $8000, and he reckons it will do 10's with another $10,000 poured into it.

Also today we had a modified S13. Turbo SR20, a few custom bits (radiator, i'cooler, brake master cylinder brace), coilovers, and a lot of other braces and aftermarket suspension components. It was stiff as hell but it goes pretty good.

In the morning there was a WRX, mostly standard but with Tein coilovers and slotted rotors. Late in the afternoon there was a R33 GTST, with mags and big fart can exhaust.

Oh and I almost forgot, about 2 weeks ago we had a late model Celica, pimped out with a hideous widbody and 19" RacingHart wheels. Fully re-trimmed interior (purple and orange, yuck), big subwoofer, and fins pointing in every which direction. Totally NOT COOL. I wish I had taken a photo, it would be perfect for the rice thread :P
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

You Lie :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Which part is a lie?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

The cake part. :?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

WTF!?!?!?!?

okay... You guys seem to be going on about tuner a lot...

so, to follow the general direction, there's this R32 that drives past our street each morning. It's had the front bumber removed, a custom bodykit, racing seats, gloss black paint, what looks like an afteermarket intercooler & radiator and this crap spoiler.
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

A guy at my school has a modified R32 GTS-T... It's in a lovely blue with a simple stripe on one side from front to back, but he wants to ditch the street racer look and go more show...

My neighbor has 2 modified WRXs. Imports are everywhere in AU.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I dunno, New Zealand has way more Jap imports than we do . . .
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

boganbusman wrote: Oh and I almost forgot, about 2 weeks ago we had a late model Celica, pimped out with a hideous widbody and 19" RacingHart wheels. Fully re-trimmed interior (purple and orange, yuck), big subwoofer, and fins pointing in every which direction. Totally NOT COOL. I wish I had taken a photo, it would be perfect for the rice thread :P
What was he trying to do replicate a APR Celica? (has a widebody and racinghart rims)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Haha no, the APR one looks nice. This Celica was just a horrible piece of junk.
The reason he came in was because his rear wheels were rubbing on the bodykit. We're not a panel shop, so we didn't want to modify the kit, and so the only other option was to put in slightly taller springs. The new springs turned out to be a bit too tall :lol: Ah well, it's not like we could make it look any worse.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

boganbusman wrote:I dunno, New Zealand has way more Jap imports than we do . . .
True, but we have more than europe and america.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

has anyone actually seena koenigsegg in Australia? Are they even on sale in aussie?

My friend claims he saw one in the city, and I want to make sure he's not lying.
oh snap
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

So what's the point of lying you saw a rare car? Do you get some sort of ego-boost when others think you saw a Koenigsegg? :|
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:has anyone actually seen a koenigsegg in Australia? Are they even on sale in aussie?

My friend claims he saw one in the city, and I want to make sure he's not lying.
Depends on which city it is. The only car dealer in Australia that sells Koenigseggs (CCRs, I think) is Galleria Veloce in Sydney. They're made to order.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:has anyone actually seena koenigsegg in Australia? Are they even on sale in aussie?

Yeah, I think I saw someone with a CCX on "The Car Show"
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

PSZeTa wrote:So what's the point of lying you saw a rare car? Do you get some sort of ego-boost when others think you saw a Koenigsegg? :|
Man, you have a lot to learn about social relationships...

okay, call it nonsense, call it gossip, call it whatever you want. WE call it a conversation...

And, anyway, thanks for the info konigsegg, i'm gonna give my friend the benefit of the doubt and believe him...
oh snap

Return to “The Cars”