Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Post by Bojan »

Our source at EA has confirmed that the next Need for Speed title will be Need for Speed Undercover.

No other information was given. NFSUnlimited.net will be fully covering this upcoming game so stay around!
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

NFS: Undercvover? Man, what kind of a title is that? Oh well. At least it isn't 'PROSTREET'.

OFFTOPIC: What on earth happened to Showroom Weekly 21?
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Well whatever, I dislike the name but if the game is good, then I'll just accept it :)
[-o< [-o< So please EA in the name of god make a good Nfs game, with good tuning oppertunities please [-o< [-o<
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

From the name one can deduct that probably it will be a racing game but with a huge story line with a "mission type" oriented racing. Anyway... hope it is better than the last two titles.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ea, if you are listening,
TAKE OUR ADVISE! WE ARE YOUR FANS, WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT IN A GOOD NFS GAME! so stop trying to suprise us, your games have sucked lately.
ea should be glad i started at hot pursuit II, so i know that they have the potential to make good games. if i hadn't played earlier game and started at say, underground II, i would have quit on ea right now. But this will probably be the last game i will put up with, unless it is actually good.
mostwantedforlife
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedforlife »

Yeah im hoping that this wont be a let down like the last 2 titles. and i have a feeling that this ones going to be a dude. its probably going to be more like GTA with hardly any customization. which will suck. but only time will tell what the game is really going to be like. i guess ill just wait and see.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

The name is kinda... :cry:
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

hope it's not gonna be like "Undercover Brother" :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Well, better then Transporter

I still have a hope will be like the Fast and the furious coz :
-EA said that they will go back to their roots
This let me suppose two scenarios, either exotics or tuners
Mostly tuners because that's what ea thinks
-Undercover cop? Wasn't Brian in the movie an undercover cop?
-Tuners and cops make fast ad furious

I hope they remove rice from the games and DON'T LET US TUNE EXOTICS AND SUPERCARS, with others words rice.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

I hope they include these features in the NFS Undercover.
1. Free roam.
2. Hot pursuit.
3. Tuning & styling.
4. AI that drives around and that you can interact with (like in NFS U2 or NFS Carbon).

For the concept "Undercover" it would be sweet with a story like steeling/transporting exotic cars to various shady dealers, to bring a big syndicate that deals with stolen cars to there knees. To achieve that you need to race and infiltrate the underground street racing, and to deliver cars to the dealer with a big possibility of hot pursuit.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

I'd like this game to have many tuner and exotic cars, but with a BIG differnece. You can tune tuners, but not exotics. However, max tuned tuner should be equal to a supercar. Has anyone seen Supra driving 400 km/h and being faster than Koenigsegg CCX ?!? I don't think so. And another thing. Feel the speed. It almost feels the same when you drive 200 km/h and 300 km/h. They should change that to more realistic feeling. When I drive in real life 200 km/h is like I drive 400 km/h in NFS. You know what I mean. I wouldn't like to see a GTA game, but NFS! But I'm afraid it's gonna all fall apart. Like ProStreet; big expectations, poor game.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

why not tunning exotics,ever heard of hamman?
i'd like to see some more cars like bmw m6,m5 ,lambo countach,
audi's s6, s5,s4 new ones, maybe peugeot, etc....
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Fishwhiz wrote:ea, if you are listening,
TAKE OUR ADVISE! WE ARE YOUR FANS, WE KNOW WHAT WE WANT IN A GOOD NFS GAME! so stop trying to suprise us, your games have sucked lately.
ea should be glad i started at hot pursuit II, so i know that they have the potential to make good games.

HP II wasn't even the best of the classics, actually it started getting downhill from HP II onwards. Of the classics I found HPII to be the least of em all, I didn't finish the game, because it was A to easy B rather boring and not challenging (=easy)

I personally did not dislike PS that much, it was a nice game but as usual loaded with flaws , glitches and useless stuff.

The real low point had to be Carbon.... imo.

Let's see if EA manages to get back up to higher standards (of recent games: Underground and Most Wanted level)
I would be happy if it reached the level of these 2 games, I don't even think about the level of let's say NFS High Stakes.
Assymetrix
Ricer
Ricer
Location: cocpit of a multiration-turbo charged nissan 200sx s14a

Post by Assymetrix »

lets pretend pinkslipping supercars for underground kings and bust em out :twisted:
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

[-o< [-o<EA, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME GOOD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! [-o< [-o<
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Please EA dont do the same that in PS!, you gave 2 steps forward with Carbon, in some aspects, and 4 steps backward with PS, in all aspects.
Is so difficult to get, UG2 nad Carbon tuning and free roam and the black list style of MW and mix it all on one super game? i believe that isnt to hard to do, take some ideas from Juiced 2 adn TDU.
Make your fans come back not run away.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON IGN.COM!!!!!

June 18, 2008 - To no one's surprise, EA is set to release the next installment in the Need for Speed franchise later this year in the form of Need for Speed: Undercover. In an interview with gamesindustry.biz, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello said that the title is in development from one of EA Vancouver's two NFS teams. He also hinted that its inspiration comes from movies like The Transporter, though we'll have to wait and see what he means by that.

The single previous Need for Speed team was split into two last year to allow each of the two teams more time to create yearly updates for the franchise. Rather than giving one team only 12 months to create the next installment, each team would now have a full two years, with the teams trading release years, obviously. Being that the team was only split last year, the Undercover team will only have a little over 16 months to create the title, but the extra breathing room must certainly welcome in any case.

In the interview, Riccitiello also discussed his disappointment with last year's Need for Speed ProStreet, and said that the reason for splitting the team into to two was to help insure that future titles would actually be a worthy experience.

No consoles were specified for Undercover, but given the franchise's history, we'd expect to see it hit every major system.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

This is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Pro Street was a step in the right direction, it just needed fine tuning. It was great that Need for Speed came back to the track, got a much more prototypical handling/tuning system, the sounds and graphics were beefed up beyond belief and the car selection was the best yet. There were just minor problems like the mandatory car damage system and lack of body modification that held it back.

This new "Transporter movie" destination is absolutely horrible. Need for Speed has always been about racing, even if the journey got a little deviated with all the tuner stuff, the cop chases and such, it was all about racing.

I sense another steaming pile of crap coming down the tubes from EA. This could indeed be the game that kills the franchise.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

Id like to see HP2 redone basically with free roam,Updated graphics,Most popular or most used cars from every game made(Corvette,Viper,M3 GTR,Skyline,Lancer and etc),Limited Customizing,Better tuning as many have said, with equal and realistic tuning,more racing options and longer career that makes it harder to earn money.This undercover title and refrence to trasporter makes me think this is gonna be somewhat of another UG and/or MW to me but with Cops that UG didnt have but should have. But I guess we will wait and see what more comes along, but I dont expect much considering how well theyve done with the past games. They just dont get that time equals=money ,not lets just shove out a game every year so we can make more money possibly. But thats all I have to say hope to learn more soon. :D
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

they should go towards something like a combination of most wanted and pro street
the racing and cops of most wanted and the cars and stuff that goes with them from pro street
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

IMO i would rather Need for speed underground 3 with all rice then have this Undercover/transporter stuff. Unless on 3 conditions... They bring back Holden & add FPV also add free roam on a actual location.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Yes I agree, it should be another underground. That would be very nice. :) Maybe EA NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THEIR FANS TO MAKE A GAME THEN JUST DO WHAT THEY WANT :evil:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Racing M3 GTR wrote:OFFTOPIC: What on earth happened to Showroom Weekly 21?
I'm working I'm working... #-o
ravenclaw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ravenclaw »

This is just one mans opinion, i started need for speed at high stakes, and it was fun becuase you could get some of the best cars in the world and run away from cops, now the standards are set alot higher so it takes alot more to impress people these days. When underground came out it was great, there was tuning, great graphics and fun gameplay, but now theyve made ug2, mw, carbon and pro street, each one being a little different from the last one but it is all the same thing like before, yes the tuning is great but we could do with something more than just your standard street racing (i have a feeling im about to get owned by some fans here), I think we need something like, build you own person (like in the tony hawks games) and have a good story line, not like that last few, "undercover" seems to be an ok opening to a good storyline, maybe your some kind of cop street racing to get some information, it also needs some new features, i know thats hard to do for a racing game, but surely there must be something to add, why not a free roam game, you have a house and you do whatever, you can enter racing days like in pro street, unlock some more areas to race, and also just race some local competition and have a huge world to discover, maybe even more than one world,im not making any sense there so i'll stop, but imo it needs some new things, and whatever happened to the in car view :O, we needs one :), wait theres an idea, tunable interiors, guages charis nos tanks whatever :P.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

just as long as there's tuning :D

And SRW is pretty much complete... just have to put it together for the site and post it.

Return to “News”