Sometime wrong with NOS!!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
keithhiap
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Sometime wrong with NOS!!

Post by keithhiap »

2 things that i have found out, correct me if i am wrong.

1. When you are racing Sprint, at about 80% onwards, once the oponent overtake you, no matter how you race, floor the NOS, you will never catch your oponent.

2. While in pursuit mode, the police is just behind me, i press NO. WTF, the police still tailgate me.

Is only Heat 2, and also dont believe police car is modified with racing performaces, except those special dedicated police car.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Seriously, does this really need a new thread? :P

Anyways, back to your questions:
keithhiap wrote:1. When you are racing Sprint, at about 80% onwards, once the oponent overtake you, no matter how you race, floor the NOS, you will never catch your oponent.
80% is still possible, but not 90%. Sometimes it also depends on your luck; the AI's do hit the traffic from time to time, and they might cause a pile-up. And from there, use your NOS and overtake them and sprint all the way to the end. Don't waste your time on re-gaining your NOS, just use whenever you need it at this kind of situation.

Another thing, change your NOS duration to the shortest, because it gives the maximum boost that you're gonna need. ;)
kethhiap wrote:2. While in pursuit mode, the police is just behind me, i press NO. WTF, the police still tailgate me.
Not sure what you meant by 'i press NO'... :?
Last edited by Andre_online on 12 Dec 2005, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

1. Has something to do with the annoying "catch up" feature, I suppose. Have notice it myself a couple of times. I have a good lead, and in a matter of few seconds I'm overtaken and suddenly I'm the one behind with a good margin... If I had to guess, the "catch up" feature kicks in when you pull a big enough gap, but doesn't "disconnect once you've been overtaken so the PC cars just whooosh by and are gone.

2. Police cars seem to programmed to always be capable of matching your speed no matter what you drive or how fast. Wouldn't be much of a challenge otherwise...Not very realistic, of course, but then again what is in this game ;)
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

The computer AI cheats.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah...

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

James31278 wrote:The computer AI cheats.
That's true. It's also the AI.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

-shrugs- that never happends to me...cause im usally head to head and i dont know but i catch up after 90...and i hate that catch up feature alot its so gay but w/e and i get away from cops pretty eazy now...my lambo loses them after moving 180 but still something feels wrong when cops just apper from the middle of no where or just stay wit u no matter how fast u go like i can nas away and this undercover is on my ass but when i nos away wit the level 5 cops(which have nos) i get away...strang,,,
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

Well, the cops can't seems to catch up once i hit the freeway in my Supra. it's those heat level 3 onward's police vehicles.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i dont konw i tried last night wit my all ultimate mercielago and i was just flying down the free way and this cop was getting closer and closer o.o....then they hit the crap out my rear bumber and i was moving 212....wtf is up with that?
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

1 thing thats wrong with the nitrous is the flame it is to tiny :P haha :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

IMO i think that underground 2 AI is more challenging than this one. I don't know, I just feel that.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Another problem with NOS:

I'm currently running a Chevy Cobalt with lots of supposedly "Unique" Performance parts (Junkman Parts). The AI cars are still much much faster than mine and seem to have a lot more NOS. They are kicking my a**e in every race.

I've stopped racing the Cobalt and am now just using my Clio V6 with no NOS but plenty of other performance mods. If you don't have NOS on a car, it is much easier to win (I'm winning all races by a country mile at the moment!)

Strange or what?!
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Easy solution is not to crash.

AI pass you only when you do mistakes i.e. wide turn angle/wall hit or scratch.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

get used to the AI cheating..now im so used to them cheating....now the traffic cars cheat along with the AI...its quite funny...yet frustrating..but quite challenging..

i clocked 220mph in my porshe....the cops caught up after 3 seconds....i was like... O.O??now thats how u know this game is silly =P (cops cant reach that speed)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Another problem with NOS:

I'm currently running a Chevy Cobalt with lots of supposedly "Unique" Performance parts (Junkman Parts). The AI cars are still much much faster than mine and seem to have a lot more NOS. They are kicking my a**e in every race.

I've stopped racing the Cobalt and am now just using my Clio V6 with no NOS but plenty of other performance mods. If you don't have NOS on a car, it is much easier to win (I'm winning all races by a country mile at the moment!)

Strange or what?!
umm uniques' are not really unique there just give u a free upgrade on that part like if ur pro u got super pro
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

the Junkman parts need to be applied along wiht another part, otherwise they're useless.... trust me on this...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Cool - I didn't realise that's how the Junkman parts worked - I assumed they were a level above "Ultimate". Thanks for putting me straight!

As for the coppers, this is what makes me laugh: I've lost count of how many times I've cut through the Golf Course or past the shacks on the dirt road and there has been a Police car waiting for me! I mean, do they sit on the tee, waiting for bad "driving" (pun definitely intended)?! And what do the Golf Course Greenkeepers have to say about them parking their heavy American iron on their immaculately kept greens and fairways? And wouldn't the members be peeved after paying their huge anual fees? I could just imagine what Wentworth Golf Club would say in their position and the coppers would have an angry Cliff Richard to deal with - he'd bring the wrath of God down on them...

Ho hum, another reality check please, EA...

Oh yes, the traffic cars - don't you just love how they make a left-turn directly in front of you when you are approaching them at 200MPH?!
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

Oh...i do love the traffic cars turning directly at me...i just usually crash it and send it flying somewhere..and jam the NOS button and gain back the speed loss... =/
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

The Flying Dragon wrote:Oh...i do love the traffic cars turning directly at me...i just usually crash it and send it flying somewhere..and jam the NOS button and gain back the speed loss... =/
Then get out of their lane. Traffic doesnt drive into you, you drive into it.
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The Flying Dragon wrote:Oh...i do love the traffic cars turning directly at me...i just usually crash it and send it flying somewhere..and jam the NOS button and gain back the speed loss... =/
Not when in Drag mode... You'll be totaled!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Good point, Andre.

Why do you get totalled in Drag races when you hit a traffic car at about 140MPH (not sure what it is in KPH, maybe about 230?) but can hit traffic at 200MPH+ (330 KPH?) in other modes and not write your car off?

I know it's always been like that even in Underground, but it doesn't make sense. I'd rather see them remove it in Drag though as opposed to adding it to the other modes, as it's fun (for me) to send the traffic cars into orbit (let's face it, they're higher off the ground than the contestants in Channel 4 TV's Space Cadets, anyway!)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

korge wrote:
Then get out of their lane. Traffic doesnt drive into you, you drive into it.
Just given me a cool idea for NFS Most Wanted 2:

It'd be sweet if you could have the option of which side of the road you wanted to drive on, to reflect traffic regs in the player's country. Although I must admit that driving on the left in NFSMW is actually often easier than driving on the correct side of the road... :twisted:

Sorry about the double post - I couldn't work out how to get a quote into an exisiting post :oops:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Darren the Cobalt is a pretty slow car for a long time untill it gets the 6 speed gearbox the topspeed wit be under 185 Mph I had it for a long time and even with Junkman's on it uptill ultimate it would NOT go any faster, the topspeed bar was almost full, handling was already full and acc at 5/6 according to the bars it would be a blistering fast car but is simply wasn't

The Golf on the other hand can reach high speed from the start, the 6 speed gearbox makes the most of it.

The Junkman parts are Unlques they are not simply 1 step above current but 1 EXTRA upgrade if you read the discription of the parts you would know.

for instance the Junkman turbo is a Custom turbo in other words a bigger one and only the turbo so not like in the other parts a intercooler or anything only a diff turbo.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Thanks for putting that straight, The Stig!

The Cobalt really is a piece of ____ (fill in the blank, I suggest the word is "rubbish" :D ), it's not just me.

And I agree the Golf is fantastic - then again I have to say that as my real-life car is basically a Mark IV golf with a Spanish manufacturer's badge... and even though it's a diesel, it's the quickest car I've owned!
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

NOS? Your ricer is showing!

Call it "nitrous" or "N20", 'cause NOS is a brand, not the nitrous oxide itself -_-
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The site is filled with Ricers...
to make it even funnier... try to find a NOS decal...

they are not there, only NX or a ZEX decal you can only get NX in the notro upgrades :wink:

Return to “Most Wanted”