Hey check this out it's camaro in career WTF??

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

could it be that we needn't change any codes and just put in the new ones?^^
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

:D

It wasn't really that hard ... I finally figured what code is used to define if you can buy a car in the carlot or get it in 'my cars' without replacing cars.
You only have to change 2 numbers :)

The Corvette C6r for example:
With your hex editor, find the following code:
20000000 9E5765019E576501 (the first part is the index number or somthing like that, the second part is the car code, when doing the search stick 'm together!)
Right after that code there should be a hex number '20' .
Change this to '01' and presto, the Corvette C6R is waiting for you in the car lot :D.

Check the picture:
This is what it should look like in hex workshop , i'd prefer Tsearch but this gives a better picture :D
The yellow highlighted part is the part you searched for, an the numbers in the black part is what you need to change.
Note, cars that are already in the carlot have a '01' behind them, change it to '20' and it's out1 :twisted:

This works for all cars in the attached list

I hope you guys understand, i'm not that good in explaining things.
Good luck with it anyway.
Attachments
carlot.txt
Carcodes; more of them ...
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Nice one. So now we can have our precious cars with our other precious cars.
Amarudaota
Stock
Stock

Post by Amarudaota »

I've added one car to the carlot as descibed above in the hex editor.

The car works fine and it's in my carlot, got it and drove around but I can't get any special parts for it. No bodykits, no roof thingies... just paint and rims.

Can someone explain how I can fix this ?
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

you can#t fix it
there aren't any bodykits for the bonuscars
Ceanou
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ceanou »

Here you can find a save with all bonus cars added to the car lot.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

So I have a question, can these cars (M3 GTR Street, 911 GT2) be modified body wise and visual wise?
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Ceanou
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ceanou »

spartan.dk wrote:So I have a question, can these cars (M3 GTR Street, 911 GT2) be modified body wise and visual wise?
Just visual like paint, vinyl, windows and so on. NO body, roof scoop, spoiler or engine parts, but you can use unique motor parts on the bonus cars (not the BMW).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

be careful about the uniques. certain parts make certain bonus cars crash. all versions of the corvettes are plagued with this.

as for the non-BMW bonus cars:
the parts can be "added" but in the car gemoetry file, there is no location for those parts to go to. So they just simply get put "in the middle" of the car. i wish there was a way to fix that, but until the geometry.bin files are decoded, we can't do it.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

STAT-X wrote:Does anybody notice something strange about my carlot ??? :D :D :D :D :D
Thats a good one! Good job Stat-x. only bad thing is, I'll have to rewrite my guide again. This is much easyer than the other method!
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

You guys did a great job. Now i hope they will find a way to put some custom vynils in the game. I can't ait to make some :P
Amarudaota
Stock
Stock

Post by Amarudaota »

One last question...

I've noticed that I can not add parts to the Bonus cars, so I'm going for a normal car, which I intend to replace with the Fiat Punto.

I want to replace it with the Porsche Cayman S.

So I edit the Savegame in Hex Editor, run the SaveEditor to fix the savegame so it will work.

But the Fiat Punto or the Porche is not in the list to buy it. It removed the car from the buy list.

I just wanted to race with a porche from the beginning so I really dont care how what or why... But since the Bonus Cars can not be upgraded, I thought to edit a normal car... But that doesn't work.

I edited the normal car exacly the same way as I would edit the bonus car, the bonus car apears instead of the Fiat and I can buy it for free. But the normal car does not appear.

Anyone know how to fix this ?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

the normal car does appear, but it will not appear in the same position as the bonus cars do. instead it will appear where the normal Cayman is located. unfortunately, the game still sees it as a Cayman, and thus will say that it's locked. there's no way right now to fix this.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Koffy wrote:Thats a good one! Good job Stat-x. only bad thing is, I'll have to rewrite my guide again. This is much easyer than the other method!
Well, I think you can leave your guide intact and just add this new way to it.
There are more hex codes in the game that I havent found yet.
I'm still looking for cross' corvette and the undercover cop cars and stuff like that.
Since those aren't in the list I think you can only get them by replacing other cars.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

Hey!!!!

Just noticed that you can add more than just the nitro performance upgrade on the GTO Cop car in career.

Also noticed that the Vinals for the cop cars are "locked" maybe for the under cover and "Cross" Corvette there is a vinal hex change.

8)
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

C8H10N4HO2O2 wrote:Hey!!!!

Just noticed that you can add more than just the nitro performance upgrade on the GTO Cop car in career.

Also noticed that the Vinals for the cop cars are "locked" maybe for the under cover and "Cross" Corvette there is a vinal hex change.

8)
Yeah, for some cop cars you can get all the performance upgrades.

As for the cop vinyls, could be ... but I think they're completely different cars.
If you look in the game dir there's a dir with all the cars in it. You'll notice alot of cop cars in it ...
Ceanou
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ceanou »

Is there no way to unlock all the cars in the car lot so you can chose a car you want to have from the beginning and upgrade as you strive to the top in the black list?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

C8H10N4HO2O2 wrote:Hey!!!!

8)
I agree. Undercover cars seem to be like regulars but with block vinyl all over. Cross's corvette may be a different car, I think it has different body.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

But on some screenshots on the showroom, I see the Street M3 GTR with rims and stuff, so is that edited, or are all these cars just limited to rims changing?
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

those are probably M3 Streets... if not, they must be edited... from my own experiments and STAT-X and Koffy's, adding a part onto a car that should have that part causes the game to crash.
CaliSfo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CaliSfo »

Do you see anything strange? ;)

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/2315 ... nnt2my.jpg

MfG CaliSfo
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

you have 16 cars in you career?
CaliSfo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CaliSfo »

Yes, just search with an Hexeditor one of your cars which are already in the safehouse. You find more numbers but just one with a 02 behind. So you just change the 02 to a 42 and you can have one more car in your garage. For every more available slot you have to do this with one car in your garage.

MfG CaliSfo
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

whoa.. so this way, you can have ALL the cars in your safehouse, from the start of the game???

EDIT:

could you explain the directions clearer? i dont understand what we should be doing
CaliSfo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CaliSfo »

I dont check it out but I think you also have to unlock them! But check it out for yourself because I don't control if this is possible.....

MfG CalISfo

Return to “Editing”