Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

prince1142003 wrote:From what I saw in the demo, your crew drives the same car as you do. While this does make managing the whole crew aspect easier, I sure hope this was a demo-only thing.
I played the demo, and i can say that my teammate wasn't tuned at all, i mean, i had a big spoiler in my evo, but the m8 had only the small one, i mean, that they dont adapt your autosculpting based on what u had done to your car, you have to modify them in order to look like your car, the only thing that it's the same is the vynil...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Porsche-AG wrote:@ Skyline_Man: How is that gay... if anything that would make me straight... I'm just saying it would be dumb if there were only men as crew members, because that's sexist.
There will be girls as well, i remember Emannuelle Vaugier said in a video interview (On the Spot Pt.2) that she will be one of the crew members.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Skyline_man wrote:
Porsche-AG wrote:@ Skyline_Man: How is that gay... if anything that would make me straight... I'm just saying it would be dumb if there were only men as crew members, because that's sexist.
There will be girls as well, i remember Emannuelle Vaugier said in a video interview (On the Spot Pt.2) that she will be one of the crew members.
Remember MW my friend???
Even if you race Dizzy, there was a male model, how not this time???
lol
EA WAKE UP!!!
frankie123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by frankie123 »

is the nos gonna be refill-able? coz that sux.... like most wanted.... or u can say u can do multiple shots
Raynar05
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Raynar05 »

I WANT MORE TUNERS!!!
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

frankie123 wrote:is the nos gonna be refill-able? coz that sux.... like most wanted.... or u can say u can do multiple shots
you`d better hope it`s refillable! .. or not, i really liked the U1 NOS refill system, based on points, that was good. but this can be confirmed by the demo players.

So guys, how`s the NOS refilling system?!
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

danyutz wrote:
frankie123 wrote:is the nos gonna be refill-able? coz that sux.... like most wanted.... or u can say u can do multiple shots
you`d better hope it`s refillable! .. or not, i really liked the U1 NOS refill system, based on points, that was good. but this can be confirmed by the demo players.

So guys, how`s the NOS refilling system?!
the nos didnt refill in U1 during races... it was u2 that had the point system
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Raynar05 wrote:I WANT MORE TUNERS!!!
Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums. By shouting. For something that's not even going to happen.

Smooth. Really smooth.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

yep, the NOS didn't refill in U1

I would like to see a NFS game without NOS...when it first appeared, half people didn't even know what it was...now...it became kitsch
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Huh. The "if the hand hurts, cut the head" approach.

Why should they remove NOS? It's part of the underground scene, and unless NFS goes back to its pre-underground roots, NOS has a place in the game.

The only thing they should do is make NOS non-refillable. Do you have Stage 1 NOS? All right, that's all you get! Be patient, win some races and you'll have more NOS soon.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

While I agree with not making nitrous refillable, it's more fun if it is :D. The only thing I want from EA in terms of nitrous is the inability to put it on certain exotics, like the Audi LeMans Quattro or the Mercedes SLR McLaren. Those cars are fast enough as it is.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I think it will be a small challenge to make the old school muscle fast and sexy without ricing them. Chrome in the masses just doesn't belong on a Chevelle. I think it will be interesting to see who rices the muscle, and who doesn't.

I must say, I need 400 more dollars for a 360 so I'm trying to get as much as I can. I look at it this way: by the time I have enough money, there will probably be a special edition out. 8)
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

prince1142003 wrote:The Communicator can have that skill. Remember, you will be able to choose from various crew members that possess certain abilities. You may have a fabricator on your team who specializes in spoilers or a fabricator who specializes in bumpers. You may have a mechanic who specializes in engine enhancement or a mechanic who specializes in transmission modification. In the same manner, you may have a communicator who's got a powerful influence on the police or a communicator who has powerful influence over another group in the world of Carbon.
You are telling me in a way, that every team member will be like a unique upgrade in previous NFS serie games!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If you want to look at it that way, yes. It's still not known if you'll be able to have more than one team member with the same ability (i.e. two Fabricators who specialize in different things) on your team. But it is known that as you progress deeper and deeper in the game, you will be able to recruit more and more powerful crew members.
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

Ya, cool. I think EA's missing another set of cars which I would divide some cars under tuners and the group would be "racers" which are rally cars and other seen in other car races (example Impreza, 206 etc.).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If NFS: Carbon were a rally racing game, I would agree. But the main focus of Carbon is drifting, and rally cars have no place in a drifting game.
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

No, missing the point again, racers group, not rally group where all known racing cars are in. Those are the ones used very often in legal racing!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

But Carbon is not about legal racing. And again, I'm reiterating my point: What would be the use of having real race cars in a drift game?

And both of the cars you listed as examples (Impreza and 206) are Tuners. Most Tuner cars are cars that are used for legal racing. They're usually affordable and tunable.
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

prince1142003 wrote:If NFS: Carbon were a rally racing game, I would agree. But the main focus of Carbon is drifting, and rally cars have no place in a drifting game.
Only if there was gravel drifting... :P

Something came to my mind after people mentioned the 206, though: why doesn't EA include Peugeot cars again? There are movies in which Peugeots are chased by the police, so why not in a game? Besides, being able to drive the Oxia concept car would be great.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

We don't know if the Peugeot cars are in the game or not. Officially, only 25 out of the 50+ cars have been announced so far. We've seen screenshots and speculated about a lot more cars, but none of them are officially confirmed yet. So it may turn out that Peugeots are back in NFS:C. You'll just have to wait and see.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i hope not, i just hate peugots.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I just want to se hondas and i can tell that carbon is going o be a cool game....lol
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

If they have a Peugeot, I hope it's the new 307, I got to ride in one! :D

Edit: It's the convertible one I got to ride in.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

xturbo wrote:I just want to se hondas and i can tell that carbon is going o be a cool game....lol
Ya, Hondas would be nice. I miss the S2000 from U1.
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

When we're at convertible cars, are there gonna be any?

Return to “Carbon”