Post your system specs!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

650w is quite alot.. 500/550w should be sufficient.

But then again, the extra headroom should be nice for later upgrades.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

a 6150 LE huh, never heard of that must be pretty low end might run MW fine tho, my old 5500 OC ran MW fine until the fan went to hell :roll:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

nVidia on GeForce 6150 wrote:

Full Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support
The standard for today’s PCs and next-generation consoles enables stunning and complex effects for cinematic realism. NVIDIA GPUs offer the most complete implementation of the Shader Model 3.0 feature set—including vertex texture fetch (VTF)—to ensure top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX 9 applications.

NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Technology
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology is the combination of a high-definition video processing core and software that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for video content. It delivers home-theater quality high-definition video. Features varies by product.
» more information

High-Definition MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration
Smoothly playback all MPEG-2 and WMV video—including WMV-HD—with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work. Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.

PCI Express
Designed to run with the next-generation PCI Express bus architecture; includes 2 x1 PCI Express lanes.
» more information

Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing
Smoothes video and DVD playback on progressive displays to deliver a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home theater systems. Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product..

High-Quality Scaling
Allows for upscaling of a low-resolution video to HDTV resolutions (up to 1080), while maintaining a clear, clean image. Also allows for downscaling videos, including high-definition, without experiencing any annoying flicker, while preserving image detail.

Integrated TV Output
Provides world-class TV-out functionality (Composite/S-Video/Component) up to 1080i resolution.

Video Color Correction
Corrects differences in color characteristics of RGB monitors and TV monitors and ensures videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format or display.

CineFX 3.0 Engine
Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay.
» more information

UltraShadow II Technology
Enhances the performance of bleeding-edge games, featuring complex scenes with multiple light sources and objects. 2nd-generation technology delivers more than 4x the shadow processing power over the previous generation.
» more information

Intellisample 3.0 Technology
The industry’s fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern.
» more information

NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of your NVIDIA product.
» more information

nView Multi-Display Technology
The NVIDIA® nView® hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience. NVIDIA GPUs are enabled to support multi-displays, but graphics cards vary. Please verify multi-display support in the graphics card before purchasing.
» more information

OpenGL® 1.5 Optimizations and Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL applications.
» more information

300 MHz RAMDAC
Blazing-fast RAMDAC supports display with high, ergonomic refresh rates up to and including 1920x1440@75Hz.
» more information

Single-Link DVI Support
Able to drive flat-panel displays up to and including 1600x1200.
» more information

HyperTransportâ„¢ Technology
A state-of-the-art I/O bus interface delivering high continuous throughput—up to 8.0GB/s—between the GeForce 6150 and the AMD Athlon 64 processor and between the GeForce 6150 and the NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP. Ensures data and information are relayed through the system as quickly as possible for incredible performance.
» more information

NVIDIA nForceâ„¢ Storage
Safeguards your most important digital media assets; always reliable, scalable, and accessible. Includes NVIDIA RAID and drive support.
» more information

NVIDIA RAID and MediaShieldâ„¢
Provides a simple point and click wizard-based interface for creating and managing multi-disk storage configurations. Allows multi-disk designs to be set up for maximum performance (RAID 0), for data protection (RAID 1), or for a combination of both performance and protection (RAID 0+1 and RAID 5). Also allows RAID volumes to be converted from one configuration to another with a single operation. Uniquely allows users to assign an extra disk to any RAID volume so that should a disk failure occur, NVIDIA RAID will automatically remove the failed disk and replace it with the spare.

SATA 3Gb/s
Take advantage of the latest SATA 3Gb/s hard disk drives, which double bus bandwidth and provides blazingly high disk performance. This technology provides easy-to-install, high-performance but low-powered hard drives.
» more information

NVIDIA nForce Networking
NVIDIA networking delivers the highest network throughput at the lowest CPU utilization. The manageable and stable NVIDIA networking solution results in better networking management and a lower total cost of ownership.
» more information

NVIDIA Native Gigabit Ethernet
The industry’s fastest Gigabit Ethernet performance eliminates network bottlenecks and improves overall system efficiency and performance.
» more information

NVIDIA nTuneâ„¢ Utility
Easy, safe, and high performance over-clocking available for NVIDIA nForce. Performance wizards allow automatic tuning for optimal performance or the quietest operation.
» more information

High Definition Audio (HDA)
High definition audio brings consumer electronics quality sound to the PC delivering high quality sound from multiple channels. Using HDA, systems can deliver 192 kHz/32-bit quality for eight channels, supporting new audio formats.

USB 2.0
A standard plug-and-play interface that provides easy-to-use connectivity for USB devices.

*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

about that nvidia pure video, if i put that on my system will games run better, look better, etc ?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Skyline12, what you just posted is just a bunch of crap. Every nVidia product is good, they say. Every graphics card has that stuff listed.

It will run MW, do not expect miracles though.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Oh... thanks
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

hello every one ...i sold my old Pc to some guy..for a price I could not refuse...
along with the 2 graphic cards ( 7800 GTX ) in Sli....and it wasnt even 3 months
since i bought it...but the new one im getting is even betterand i dont have to spend much on it either :P

And planning to get parts of newegg...ill soon post the specs
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

MY PC
Case: NZXT Guardian

Specs:
Gigabye K8VM800M 2.0 Board (supports 64bit processors)
400W Power Supply
Samsung 17" LCD Monitor
AMD Sempron 3000+
Kingston 512MB DDR400 RAM (Will buy another 512 in a week)
ATi Radeon 9550 256MB AGP Card
Western Digital 250GB Sata Hard Drive.
Sound card is standard built in 6 channel, not bad at all. Beat the crap out of what the celeron had a couple of weeks ago when that comp died, hence why i have this.
Oldschool Altec Lansing speakers, well not oldschool, bought them new about 3 years ago, still have kickass sound though
Salvator
Stock
Stock

Post by Salvator »

My Pc (Computer Specs & Hardware)

Computer Specs:
MSI 915P Neo2 Motherboard
SevenTeam 420W Power Supply
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz with HT
Kingston 512MB DDR2 533 RAM
Nvidia GeForce7300GS 256MB PCI Express
Maxtor 80GB Sata2 hard drive

Hardware:
Samsung SyncMaster713N 17" LCD Monitor
Altec Lansing GT5051R Gaming Side-Firing Surround Sound System
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Copperhead Gaming Mouse
Razer eXactMat X Speed / X Control
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Upgraded memory to my laptop. I had 512 MB and now I have 1 GB.
Attachments
Current laptop specs (Toshiba A20)
Current laptop specs (Toshiba A20)
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

2furio wrote:Upgraded memory to my laptop. I had 512 MB and now I have 1 GB.
Yup i just upgraded to 1gb RAM too on my PC, i might buy a 9800 Pro or something to upgrade from my 9550 so i can get the best i can on this agp board.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

If you're after the best you can on an AGP board then grab a 7800GS, meanwhile if you don't wish to spend 400+ on the video card something like 200-250 for an X800 GTO would be perfect (you can unlock an extra 4 pipelines on some), it'll give you much better performance than the 9800.
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

i just buy a AMD Athlon 64bits AM2 3500+
evga 7900gs
1gb gskill ddr2 667mhz
i was needing a new config for carbon...
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

not think about carbon only think about Vista frist.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I think I might be able to buy myself a new comp this year on Black Friday. Will this kind of combo be good enough to run newer games smoothly? (Forget about FEAR pls, you need a powerhorse for that)

Computer (AMD64)

Nvidia 6800XT 256MB
EDIT: memory...
Meemory

On black Friday, this kind of system might cost around $500 or less...
Predicted Prices:

Computer: $350
Video: $80
Mem: $30

$460. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Why waste money buying a whole then switching out the video card?
If the motherboard supports Dual Channel memory, I would advise getting two sticks of 256 rather than one stick of 512. For the price, it's not bad.
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

Ragotech wrote:not think about carbon only think about Vista frist.
i think is cool to run vista..i don't know but i think the video card is vista ready.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Stop thinking and give Vista a try, Im using it right now and it runs nicely. Just make sure you save the stuff you want before switching to the new OS.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I don't think there is a video card that isn't compatible with Vista. :| Unless it were like uber-old.
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

well i don't know if i'm gonna use it...weedman173 " nice nick ;) " how much vista use you'r ram comparating to XP ?
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I didn't look what windows was using but I can't notice any slow down at all with the same 1gb of ram.
X-voltZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by X-voltZ »

nice thing to know :D
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I'm getting myself a nice Athlon 64 chip when I get enough money for a 3000+ one.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Only a 3000+? You could get the 3500+ for only $40 more on NewEgg. :)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

A 3000+ would already be outdated when you get it.
lol wut

Return to “The Hardware & Software”