The M3 n00bs have returned , only this tiem with more cars !

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

The M3 n00bs have returned , only this tiem with more cars !

Post by bam_bam »

I am sick to death of these bonus car monkeys , m3's , Gt's and Audi le'mans . They drive me nuts , Every single race they just NOS it up and whipe you out on the first corner .

I was playing Carbon earlyier this morning cox I couldnt sleep and sure enough I was PWNED by some 1337 m3 n00bs . I challenged this n00b to a canyon duel , he responded with :

" Lol u jst got pwn't bi me alredy , i wil pwn u again LOL ! " <--- exact words

So I added him to my friends list and got a game started . Obviously he resorted to his stupidly fast Audi TT Quatro Le'mans ( no suprise ) whilst I stuck to my old trusty (Evo IX)

Here are the results .....

I think EA really ought to do something about these stupidly fast cars , they ruin online play .

Tell me thoughts ppl .

- Bam .
Attachments
n00bs.JPG
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I think they're taking advantage of what's available to them. :P
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

how bout this:
dont play online until you have the audi lemans quattro.
that hard?
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

what's the point, should a bicycle be faster than a jet fighter just because I like riding a bike?
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Stop complainig, practice a bit and don't go back online until you have a better car. The idea of Carbon was to have certain cars seperated by performance. You wouldn't expect a Lancer to beat an Audi Le Mans on the street, why should a game be any different
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I don't object to the faster cars being available, after all, anyone else could unlock those top tier cars.

However, I just don't get the idea of NOS being part of canyon races. I get that this is just a video game, but it's ridiculous. In a real application, car engines get blown out mid-race, axles break. The cars should be going too fast to be able to control it while on these canyon courses. Let's say you can use heavy braking to slow down in time, then it should ruin your brakes. Not only do your brakes remain nice and fresh, since there really isn't a damage model, but you can keep pressing the NOS boost button for each straight.

Of course, these are all features anyone can use. It's a game with its own physics, so it's all a matter of learning them, adapting, etc.

I just think it would have been a far more interesting game had they taken NOS out of canyon duels and drifting courses. But I suppose if I wanted that, at least as far as canyon races go, I could just stick to Initial D Arcade Stage or get a PS2 and import Initial D Special Stage.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The big twist is that in real life the Audi R8 isn't such a super fast car, it has infact a Natural inspired 4.2ltr V8 that came from a Audi S4 but is modified and now has more power.
But it is a lower spec car then the Lamborghini Gallardo.
It is one of the fastest cars Audi made, but because Audi owns Lamborghini, and Lamborghini is a pure sportscar brand, they can't have a "normal" audi be faster.
But for some reason EA thinks that the Lemans Quattro (R8 prototype) is a super exotic, beating the Koenigsegg CCX and Zonda F.

But if that's the way it works, go with it if you want to win something.

Or play only against friends with the same car class. or people who also want to play with the career cars.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i hear what your saying bam, the same happens to me when racing online in MW, you can always tell a n00b by the car he drives and it is usually either the m3 or the carerra gt. then they also have their trainers with unlimited nitrous and then your screwed. in fact just the other day when i was online i raced a n00b in a drag with a m3 and i had my good ol' viper and right away he was gone i had perfect shifts and everything and he beat me by over 3 seconds it was stupid. the reason why they choose those stupid fast cars is because they are scared of getting beat
redarmy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by redarmy »

Well, what's wrong if someone has Carrera GT? It's my all-time favourite in any game if it is in it. And to get it, you have to spend quite some cash in career to get it right.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I have unlocked most of the bonus cars , but for me thier just no fun to drive . It gets frustraing on the first corner some moran in his m3 or whatever just NOS's all the way round the track bouncing off of the walls and still beats me even tho I'm driving superb . I can see why EA call the canyon race the untimate test of drving skill .
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

If you don't like versing these 'n00bs' why not organise some races then?

If that still doesn't work, just put up with them and improve your skills some more until you can actually beat the idiots using nos all the time, heck if you can do that then you should have been able to beat idiots in MW using unlimited nos trainers or whatever.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I beat them in canyon duels , easily . The circuit or sprint races are just so frustrating tho lol !

Organise some races eh ? , would anyone be into that ?
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Not if you're going to complain about me using exotics. Nah jst jks man, would be a good idea to start some races
Vita
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Vita »

LMFAO. My Evo Thrashes Audi's in cornering. But it's hard when the kids bang you up :\
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Lol nothing wrong with exotics , Just no super powerfull cars . I could set up a little league with B&E and take it from there ....
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

How about we make a Tournament?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

SomeKindOfMonster wrote:Stop complainig, practice a bit and don't go back online until you have a better car. The idea of Carbon was to have certain cars seperated by performance. You wouldn't expect a Lancer to beat an Audi Le Mans on the street, why should a game be any different
Like Stig said, problem with tiers that a fully upgraded tier one cant beat stock tier 3. Its same as 300k $ upgraded Rx8 wouldnt even have chance against stock Quattro.

And seeing every and each car online being Quattro is rather the dumbiest thing EA could do.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

And there is also the Elise which is the best handleing car and in Carbon it sux at handleing and also i think that the M3 GTR is better than the R8
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

that's what I'm afraid of, dorks riding super fast cars + unofficial cheats - ruining the online play pleasure. I met some of these idiots, and one fo them was from my country, he just entered the game with his R8, trying to beat out a$$es out, but in the end he just D/C, cuz he could keep up @ the corners, the same thing happened with some doods playing with Concept Camaro, and 1 with CCX, in a canyon sprint, they both got beaten, all they could do was "riding" on the walls(because of the speed). I've learned from these things, next time I'll enter online, I'll surely choose "max tier 2"
becke
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by becke »

Well people ...
If we can't beat those guys, we should organize our races...
We can make exotics race, tuner race and muscle race ...
We will be kinda equal in cars and enjoy online play...
Life's a beach...
Some people call it house, we call it home...
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

make it so u can mix cars , tier 3s should be aloud I think , but some disabled . Mind u I think tier 2s and 1s only would be fun :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well as i see it you will be able to choose wich tier to race. So eh you can still unlock stuff by racing Tier 1 where skill matters.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I think B&E will host a torny , a knock out style style of races . I'll draw some thing up and post some more infos .
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

i just gave up my tier 1 car, and leaped up right up to tier 3, bought a 350z. i choose this way, the tuner one, so there's no way on buying or playing a pink sliped car, if it's another class. I ended up the conclusion that no Tuner Tier 1 or 2 car, is better than the stock Bonus 240SX. Not even now, my new 350z, can't beat up the 240sx @ performance bars, but the 350z isn't fully performance modded, and I really wanted a change, I conquered 3 territories, and beat up 3 bosses with that car.
Lyrian
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lyrian »

becke wrote:Well people ...
If we can't beat those guys, we should organize our races...
We can make exotics race, tuner race and muscle race ...
We will be kinda equal in cars and enjoy online play...
you want me to play alone in that muscle gategory? :D
have only seen like 1-2 muscles so far and 100 exotics
Its all about the american muscle

Return to “Carbon”