Trick to get extra colors of paint in Carbon

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Trick to get extra colors of paint in Carbon

Post by Dagon »

Something that's always bugged me in the Underground engine games is that they don't seem to have a full spectrum of colors - there's no Rossa Corsa-ish red or general lee orange, for example. But I've found a way to get some considerably more vibrant colors when in editing mode.

To do this, unlock camoflague vinyls. Then, put Camoflague Vinyl 9 on the bottom vinyl layer of your car and set all 3 vinyl colors to the same value. You'll notice that if you set them all to red, you'll get a nice, almost ferarri red instead of the horrid, washed out crappy red you usually end up with - same goes for oranges, but they take some more work.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Is this for Collectors Edition or for regular Carbon?
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

It'll work for all of them, I expect, as long as you can get the Camo vinyls or any other vinyl that is fully editable and covers the car 100%.

I reckon you could even get away with resizing one of the "shapes" vinyls and then colors that instead so it covers the whole car.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Trick to get extra colors of paint in Carbon

Post by GodSpeed »

Dagon wrote:Something that's always bugged me in the Underground engine games is that they don't seem to have a full spectrum of colors - there's no Rossa Corsa-ish red or general lee orange, for example. But I've found a way to get some considerably more vibrant colors when in editing mode.

To do this, unlock camoflague vinyls. Then, put Camoflague Vinyl 9 on the bottom vinyl layer of your car and set all 3 vinyl colors to the same value. You'll notice that if you set them all to red, you'll get a nice, almost ferarri red instead of the horrid, washed out crappy red you usually end up with - same goes for oranges, but they take some more work.
I beleave this is why they have layers in carbon, this means it's endless to what color you can have. Like in a real car paint jobs! Show cars might have 10 layers of paint to get the sheen they want or color detail. and they spend $25,000 Plus for that paint job! mix up your layers or just add same color I have seen on other fourms. what is possible.

they say this is the new wave of video game detail, making it more real, but you need like the x850 ati or something like it to see the true detail of the full game. Older video cards just don't show the detail.

I have seen the difference between my old video card compared to a newer ati video card it just smokes my 9000 pro 128mb ddr card. I really need to upgrade bad.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

ea should learn from midnight club3. it has a color called "color shifter". you can mix at least 10 color in whatever order you like to get a good color.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

spectre01 wrote:ea should learn from midnight club3. it has a color called "color shifter". you can mix at least 10 color in whatever order you like to get a good color.
This is what I tried to explain. the layers can do alot, I didn't play midnight club dub edition on pc. but use layers on carbon and see what you can really do. it's pretty cool what EA did here. I would think it's above midnight club dub edition though. a year or two more advanced, but don't quote me on that. I have not did my homework on midnight club dub edition color shifter.
KalRulesUK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by KalRulesUK »

the vinyl dosent cover all of the car, the rear bumper is missed off so ll you have to do is try to match them as much as possible or get a carbon spoiler on
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Why not just enlarge the vinyl until it DOES cover the whole car?
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

As a throwback to Underground, the Spoiler is kept seperate from the body of the car itself, color-wise.

Most cars look better without spoilers, but if you need to have a spoiler on it, try to approximate the 'bottom' color of the car as much as possible to the vinyl. Optionally, go for a two-tone effect.
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

i believe you can put vinyls on the stock spoiler, tho, so if it doesn't look bad you could use it instead.

Return to “Editing”