my car

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

yeah, that way is much better :wink:
ed'dy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ed'dy »

Hey ppl, look under the off topic discussion>SpeedEst 2004, i posted a nice BMW there too.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Nice angel eyes, lol. :lol:
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

never tried at 400 meters but i gues it gona be somewhere near the 12seconds
:twisted:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I havent seen a 325 yet that can run the 1/4 in 12. Also, with the mods you are carrying, its highly unlikely.

Remember, a 12 second 1/4 mile means you would beat:
My old 450bhp RX7 (12.1)
Aston Martin Vanquish (12.9)
Ferrari 360 (13.2)
Ford GT40 (12.2)
Jaguar XJR-15 (12.6)
Lamborghini Diablo VT (12.2)
Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo (12.8)
Porsche 911 trubo (12.3)

now look over that list of cars, do you think your car will run 12's now? ;)

Youd also be damn close to beating these
Porsche 911 GT2
Ferrari F40
And this, 5.7 litre chevy V8 beast, Ultima GTR (11.9)

Sorry, no offence intended, but I dont think your car will run 12's. I think with the modifications you have, a high 13, early 14 is more likely.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: about my car

Post by ^Sparco^ »

boogd@n wrote:look i dont know very weell english and i cant translate very well so i m gonna write something in romanian
(...)sub numele de " CTL- ul" este unele din multele masini din Bucuresti dupa care intorci capul. O poti admira (...) Tuning,(...) intr-o parcare dar... interiorul ascunde mult mai multe aspecte pe care nu le poti vedea. Masina se remarca la prima (...) Romania, (...)nici un caz la intrecere cu el, mai ales daca aveti sub 400Cp sub capota, nu mai are rost sa va atentionam. Va amintim doar ca are Stage II Turbo.(...) Motor - BMW 2 (...) DVD cu monitor in tavan - Televizor in portbagaj - Proiector laser - Monitorizare GPS
WHAT???
please translate!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: here is something about the car in english

boogd@n wrote:ENGINE:2,5l bmw
Compresor Stage II turbo Supercharger
comlete exhaust sistem SUPERSPRINT
colling admision whit water and alcohool intercooler
adjustable suspension H&R
strut brace bars
the car has 400 hp
and other parts inside the engine that are modified
but i dont know how to tell them in english
Thats basically what it translates to dani :)

Btw, what the hell is a
turbo Supercharger
?
Theres turbo chargers
Theres Superchargers
But Ive never heard of a turbo supercharger :?
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

ok i guess i was wrong but sad i never tried and that was based on some guess
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

Compresor Stage II Supercharger
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Ok no problem. But as I said, Id expect a high 13 to early 14 second 1/4 mile from a car of your output. This is by no means a slow time (itd keep up with my Supra ;) ..well, for now anyway :lol: )
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

writing mistake :!:

did someone knows a sit where i can translate texts or a sofware
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

thanks for the link man :?
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

all i can say is riciness is taking over the world! what has happened to our beloved pure high octane adrenaline speed.. all that money u guys spend on ricing yer car up, id buy lil things to go faster and faster. who needs 4 guages on the other passenger seat side!!!!! like wtf ure never even gona use yer speed guage! i know im never gona!. id be too busy trying to overtake highway junkies. its all bout the speed man, dont be a victim to rice. FIGHT RICE NOW! i bet u for that same money u spent on the beamer i could buy a 7grand silvia, slap in a RB26DET with a T88 single turbo a hell alot more mods and ida go faster than yer bmw..im lkin at about high 10s low 11s with the mods id be able to buy with the money u spent. i mean its ok if its a lowrider, i dig lowriders, I LOVE lowriders, theyre in their own class, theyre meant for looks and showng off, u dont make a car look like its fast and ugly, then move like a snail.

of course this is just my opinion but to me id rather go extremely fast so nobody can see how ugly my car is then let ppl lk at my ricey car and not be able to drive away in embarressment fast enough

ps: no pun or offence intended
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

bronco wrote:ure never even gona use yer speed guage! i know im never gona!. id be too busy trying to overtake highway junkies. i could buy a 7grand silvia, slap in a RB26DET with a T88 single turbo a hell alot more mods and ida go faster than yer bmw..
I constantly look at my speedo. Why? because Supras dont like tottering about at 30mph in busy built up areas, and its very easy to break the law. Im not trying to sound nasty here, but you should change your attitude to driving. Doing those things, you might as well take your license, set it on fire, then dance a jig on its burnt ashes.
im lkin at about high 10s low 11s with the mods id be able to buy with the money u spent.
Im thinking more like 12's. Norris Designs 180sx S13 has 600bhp. Yes, read that number again. 600bhp. It does the 1/4 in the 11's. It still has the CA18DET 1.8 turbo engine in it too.

Of course, it has cost Richard Beaumont (the owner) $40'000 to do this. Outside Japan, this is the most powerful CA18DET in the world. It has a pretty amazing 466lbs-ft of torque, and is estimated to top out at 200mph.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You know, you should have respect what people do. They want their car to good, and show it off at shows.

Some don't even care about spicing up their cars, they care about that they can keep driving instead of crashing against a tree or losing your drivers license.
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

the new look of the car

Post by boogd@n »

i repainted the car wath do you think abouti it now
Attachments
untitled.JPG
(61.13 KiB) Downloaded 3540 times
abg[1].JPG
(100.65 KiB) Downloaded 3540 times
abj[1].JPG
(105.92 KiB) Downloaded 3540 times
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Nice it looks better then your old version off it but remove the sticker that says supercar.
boogd@n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by boogd@n »

i removed that stiker it was ther because i was on that tuning chalenge an all the car had to have stickers with the sponsors
supercar is a car magazine
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Aha but it still makes a little ugly spott on your car. glad to here that it is not on it normally
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

the orange BMW is okay but change the Tails and it would be perrifect.Now the civic wats with the xtra tail lights?
MarkInIreland
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarkInIreland »

Did you say the BMW was 400bhp + ? If you can get 400 + Out of a 2.5 Bmw you are doing well, and from memory there aint much room under the bonnet of a 3-series for a turbo, so it must be well packed in :-)

How do you keep tyres on the back of that thing? Its a nice motor but M3 keeps popping into my head, u could have had a nice M3 with the money you have spent?? And in getting a 2.5 to over 400 horse is quite a lot of money.

I have been lucky enough to be in a 670bhp Supra, and that was just scary and almost impossible to drive. My dad bought it in Japan the way it was, it wouldnt have been much use for a drag race to be honest, the turbo lag was serious, followed be a few splutters and flames then bang you have just wheel spun a half mile.
He sold it about 2 weeks after buying it because there was no where to drive it :-)
For that car to be 670bhp the mod list for the engine alone was a page long.
And that reading was of a Dyno!

So how did you get the horse power reading for your BM??
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

and from memory there aint much room under the bonnet of a 3-series for a turbo
If I remember correctly, its supercharged.
How do you keep tyres on the back of that thing?
I wondered that myself. There should be some pretty heavy duty drag radials on there...but there isnt.
the turbo lag was serious, followed be a few splutters and flames then bang you have just wheel spun a half mile.
Supras really arent supposed to do that. Something from the exhaust manifold back was wrong. Was the car single turbo? Did it have a BOV? If it was running on uprated sequentials and had a BOV installed, then the boost wasnt set up. I know you said your father bought the car like that, so whoever set it up before he bought it is more than likely an idiot. Also, a car with that much power should be running an uprated t/c system, such as racelogic.
He sold it about 2 weeks after buying it because there was no where to drive it
I know that feeling. Mine isnt anywhere close to seeing 670bhp, and I find it hard sticking to the speed limit.
For that car to be 670bhp the mod list for the engine alone was a page long.
And that reading was of a Dyno!
Supras are dyno queens :)

Surprisingly, a mods list a page long isnt that much, in comparison with another car of the same horsepower. Purely because you dont have to strenghten everything inside, unless of course youre running copious amounts of boost.
MarkInIreland
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarkInIreland »

Suppose that is the problem you face when buying a heavily modified car that you havent done any work on yourself, setup can be a booboo!!

There was a lot of lag and splutter but when the power kicked in it really was somethin else ! Sidewards wasnt a problem :-)
So it was either 2 much boost or the 4 week boat ride didnt help it any.

It was a single turbo conversion from twin turbo because i remember at the time thinking what was the point untill i seen that the turbo was similar size to a trucks!!
The car had Top secret stickers on the bonnet and screen but i cant be sure if thats who done the work.

Its been in Banzai and max power since we sold it, but thats goin back maybe 2-3 years now. If you collect either then you might find it. Same kit as yours and wing, 3 spoke jap style wheels, car was silver and im almost sure it was a cover car on Banzai.

Goodluck
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Ahh Ive probably seen it. I seem to remember a silver one with top secret stickers and thinking that it was nice apart from the wheels.

Thats the problem with single turbos in my opinion, the lag can be ridiculous. And not even the mighty BOV helps much. High power twins are always the best option ;)

Return to “General Discussion”