Race Driver: Grid

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Re: Race Driver: Grid

Post by steelsnake00 »

I bought this a while ago and really enjoy it.

One thing bugs me though- I don't seem able to buy the 996 GT3 RSR in career mode. Is it even avaliable?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

I dont know i really havent tried to buy it in carrer mode. :? i have just drove it for a driver offer
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

@steelsnake00: Nope you cannot get it in career mode. I completed the game and cant get it so yeah thats a no no for the Porsche.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

@taz947 The patch fixes few controller bugs. eg: my 360 controller is now fully supported:) and a few other game pads as well. Does nothing for performance though.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Yeah,I've installed it myself. But as you said, it fully supports my gamepad.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

race_invader wrote:@steelsnake00: Nope you cannot get it in career mode. I completed the game and cant get it so yeah thats a no no for the Porsche.
ummmm....

Dunno what version you have but I could get the GT3 RSR... but I didn't of course.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

In career? No one can get it even explains it in forums ive been seeing. You can only use it for the specific race/championship or when in race day. :) I have the PAL if your wondering... Both versions are the same just different region.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

whats the max amount of cars you can get on the Lemans grid? i saw only one good quality video on youtube with 15, but can you get more? If you can i may decide to get the game
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I've had 18 on the LM24H grid.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Umm... I don't know what's going on, but the game has gone from challenging to impossibly difficult. Yep, I entered the J-licence GT1 cup, serious difficulty, expert level teammate with good stats (who happens to be more useless than a former rookie in the same league, that's weird), and Ravenwest were there.... I start from last, they're first, I have a Saleen, they have AM DB9s, and they manage to blitz the entire field but 10 secs while I'm setting lap records, but can't catch up in 3rd...

Now, I went to do the LM 24H, bought the Lola LMPB ($7.5 mill) car (lower level) and it was supposed to be better than the courage... put it on basic difficulty because I struggle at night... and was away. However, I was leading for a while, then got to the end half of the track, where you have all the swaying corners, the car was doing ok, I could manage 250 around them, but none of the other competitors seemed to slow down and just overtook me while I couldn't even match their speeds. Then the next disturbing thing came... but the end of the lap they were way in front somehow... didn't think I was that slow that they managed to gain a half minute lead in 1/3rd of the track without me stuffing up and maintaining as high corner speeds as the car would allow. Then I heard engines behind me, and guess what? The GT1 cars had caught up and overtook me on the straight! And then they proceeded to out-corner me... it was only the GT2 cars that didn't beat me... >_< Please tell me WTF is going on?!?! I have it on PS3.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Lol...I can't explain the J One races, I ownt the drift and GT1 races, I refuse to do the Proto till I get 20 mil xD
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Drift is too easy... and the GT1 24H is domination, but it was really weird today.
steelsnake00 wrote:I bought this a while ago and really enjoy it.

One thing bugs me though- I don't seem able to buy the 996 GT3 RSR in career mode. Is it even avaliable?
I think you can buy it in Lemans 24H events.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

baumaxx1 wrote:Umm... I don't know what's going on, but the game has gone from challenging to impossibly difficult. Yep, I entered the J-licence GT1 cup, serious difficulty, expert level teammate with good stats (who happens to be more useless than a former rookie in the same league, that's weird), and Ravenwest were there.... I start from last, they're first, I have a Saleen, they have AM DB9s, and they manage to blitz the entire field but 10 secs while I'm setting lap records, but can't catch up in 3rd...

...Then I heard engines behind me, and guess what? The GT1 cars had caught up and overtook me on the straight! And then they proceeded to out-corner me... it was only the GT2 cars that didn't beat me... >_< Please tell me WTF is going on?!?! I have it on PS3.
To the bolded part....oh no....I have it on PS3 as well.

As for the GT1, the Murcielago RGT blitzes everything. The part I'm stuck on though, is the Ravenwest head to head for the middle american license, because he seems to be able to go around the tight corners at nigh on impossible speeds.... Oh and do you have Dale Vance as your teammate? I do and he seems to do fine.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah, gotta find another dude... this guy did well with proto, but is average with the rest. :roll: So wait, the game just gives AI an unfair advantage?
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i brought the game, found a save and did the 24 hour race with the lamborghini(everyone on youtube were doing good with it :P ).and im so uninstalling the game.I think i'll just keep waiting for the enduroracers mod if i want to race a creation or R10.250 mph? jesus.. the Audi R10s and 908 can't even avg 220 in the real race.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Murcielago is really that good? It's stats are the worst.. :-s Saleen does really well too... except the cars seem to struggle to make corners on the LM track...
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Its actually good with a wheel, but i never did any sprint races with it so consistency was key and not breakneck speed around every corner.

okay at one point i cheated and sidewiped a aston martin at the porsche curves, but i swear it seemed like he had nos :mrgreen:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

okay at one point i cheated and sidewiped a aston martin at the porsche curves, but i swear it seemed like he had nos
Yeah, Ravenwest have unfair advantages... and when I was in the lead... they rammed me breaking for a hairpin corner... mind you, they ended up losing a few spots, but they made it up while I had bloody steering damage.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

baumaxx1 wrote:Murcielago is really that good? It's stats are the worst.. :-s Saleen does really well too... except the cars seem to struggle to make corners on the LM track...
No actually its stats are the best :roll:. The Murcie whoops absolutely everything on the Hunaudieres in GT1, I was even nearly keeping up with the LMP2s.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hmm... Saleen has the best stats on mine... it's 4.5-4-4.5-4 and Mercie is 4-3.5-3.5-4... interesting.... and anyway, I figured out why all the AI are so much faster... because they HACK! I noticed this with the lacetties... they were so much faster on a straight line, got much better launches (I had traction control)... but I went to try the Volk GT1 cup again, sacked that lame japanese dude who couldn't win, and bought a cheaper guy, but he was ranked 60 as opposed to 160, had better stats and is awesome! 1-2 championship win! And then I read stability control reduces understeer, even though the car isn't as predictable, and it turns fairly realistic physics into pinky finger driving like clarkson did with the evo... but I won easy... mind you, the AI tried to kill me. So yeah, turns out stability control improver cornering by 50kmph, gives you perfect launches and increases top speed... rightio :roll: . I may use that only if I have to.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Dale Vance actually PIT'd me and took me out once while I was doing the ol' out-in-out technique on a right-hander...

and for me the stats on the Murcie were, I think 4.5-4.5-4-4?or maybe 4-4-3.5-3.5... but anyways its the best of the GT1 cars. And thee Saleen seems a helluva lot more flimsy anyways.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Dale Vance actually PIT'd me and took me out once while I was doing the ol' out-in-out technique on a right-hander...

and for me the stats on the Murcie were, I think 4.5-4.5-4-4?or maybe 4-4-3.5-3.5... but anyways its the best of the GT1 cars. And thee Saleen seems a helluva lot more flimsy anyways.
Yeah... grr at scumbag AI.
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

How do you beat Ravenwest? For me, I find driving the same thing as them seems to do the job nicely...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Uhh... I drive faster than them. My teamate's alex fisher... 1.5mill fee, 50% winnings, and he's usually 4th-1st. About Ravenwest, just get the best car for your driving style. Oh... and if all else fails, turn the driving aids on... stability control seems to work magic. Improves acceleration for some reason.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Woot, I just got the game for a fairly cheap price.. Just started, cool racing game!

Return to “The Games”