Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by baumaxx1 »

Oh, I get that internet explorer thing on XP, my COD 4 has had a brain haemorrhage and doesn't work since I got the 9600GT, it hangs when detecting the new hardware config... and can't get past that even If I press no, uninstalled and re-installed and still bad, may have to screw with the registry? Umm, internet explorer also crashes too much, my DRM is corrupted because of the new mobo, and it stops my media servers from working, and my Zen Vision software is broke... no album art syncs anymore, but at least the tracks do, and the Zen Media explorer crashes explorer.... but I can browse using normal windows at least... just can't edit contacts.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Maybe I'm just very, very, very, very (you get the point) lucky. I've been using SP1 since an early beta because people said it helped games run slightly better, and I still had a crappy PC back then. Haven't really had a problem, other than I guess I installed it on my laptop and must have done a system restore, because it showed up again after I installed it.

Oh yeah, I drank an entire cup of Gatorade and ate a pop-tart... :mrgreen:

I've had one dog of a virus... violent vomiting, 100% liquid diarrhea, you get the point. What's worse, is I got it Monday night, and I was supposed to start exams on Tueday... :?

Anyway, if I'm lucky I think the school is planning on delaying my exams until after the break, and if I still feel better (diarrhea is the main thing,) we'll hopefully head up to Myrtle Beach, which we were supposed to do today.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Thanks for sharing. :-s
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Hehe... :D

Man, turn your subwoofer up after you've been sick... tipsy. :lol:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Once again I can safely say that Vista Service Pack 1 hates my HP laptop. It's had a shiznit-load of firetruck-ups that NONE of my classmates laptops have ever had since dling the update. One of them even has the SAME MODEL as mine except without the fingerprint scanner...

Now Halo takes a minute to load, xfire no longer works in ANY game, Steam can't connect and Photoshop lags like shiznit all the time....then again the Photoshop thing is due to the 5000 fonts I have installed on my computer...

I don't have a virus, I made sure nothing was in my computer before I uninstalled Symantec (damn you 60-day trial), and the fonts have nothing to do with any of the other problems because these things happened before I got all the fonts. I had kept the damn update off my computer for as long as possible until I got Far Cry 2 which said I had to have it in order to run properly and wouldn't let me in the game. After the first few days all was well. Then all of these stupid problems started occurring once again. I even had an incident where Internet Explorer tried to take over my computer (probably feeling neglected now that I use the vastly superior Fox of Fire :lol: ) with 100 windows...

END RANT
You have 2 major problems. 1 you own a HP thats short for Hardware Problems (HP service on the other hand is great, more company's should have that). 2 You have vista. Its not bad but it has 1 major problem. When installing it, it either works or runs like cr@p. I have seen this many times before because i fix pc's for my internship. And only way to solve most problems, like for example office 2007 saying it doesnt work properly (uninstall and cleaning all data of it including left behind reg keys and then installing again didnt work) is re-installing your entire pc or laptop. After that hope for a good install or re-install again =_= (that worked), or simply use Windows Xp Black, its Xp pro with all the good stuff from Vista (note: this is not a legal microsoft version :P )
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I"ll vouch for the "works great or runs like crap" bit, as I too have often run into this when working on people's PC's. :wink:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I found a use for quad core CPUS! For idiots like me who play games, use msn, media player, media server, trillian, firefox with 10 tabs open, and TV in the background... my Dualcore E2180 is chugging a bit. Yes, povo rig... I was expecting a new one my now... no chance! Maybe for my 18th...
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Yea I like having the luxury of having World of Warcraft, Windows Media, MSN, Firefox and more at the same time. Having World of Warcraft in windowed mode while messaging friends on MSN is nice too
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Second screen for stuff - fullscreen on the 1080p one for games, FTW!
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You guys really are making those quad-cores sound very, very poor... I think the worst I've put mine through was running Pro Street, MS Office Word 2007, MS Office Powerpoint, MS Office Excel, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, WMP, and Firefox2 with, i think it was 36 tabs?

Okay, I was trying to prove a point when I did that, but when you're like me you may be running Word, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, sometimes Premiere Pro, iTunes, and Firefox with to many damn tabs to count, you'll quickly learn why I made the choice to buy a Quad over a Dual. :wink:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

But why would you want to run so many things at one go? Personally, I wouldn't. ;)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

He's compensating. :-"
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Well, we can't all have a 8454 post-count e-penis you know... :wink:

Lol, no; normally when I'm running that many apps at once, I'm working on something web-site related.

Anyway, just two more exams and I am OUTTA' HERE!!! :mrgreen: (Yay for the trip I would have gone on Wed. if it wasn't for that damn virus...) :?

On another note, is it normal to not have to go to the bathroom (#2) for a day and a half after having bad diarrhea? I've had, *caugh*, flatulence... but no chocolate goodies for a while. :lol: :?

I'm just wondering if I should be patient and grab a paper (lol,) or tell someone.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Your body is talking to you and it has a lot to say. Sit back and listen.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Carcrazy wrote:Well, we can't all have a 8454 post-count e-penis you know... :wink:

Lol, no; normally when I'm running that many apps at once, I'm working on something web-site related.

Anyway, just two more exams and I am OUTTA' HERE!!! :mrgreen: (Yay for the trip I would have gone on Wed. if it wasn't for that damn virus...) :?

On another note, is it normal to not have to go to the bathroom (#2) for a day and a half after having bad diarrhea? I've had, *caugh*, flatulence... but no chocolate goodies for a while. :lol: :?

I'm just wondering if I should be patient and grab a paper (lol,) or tell someone.
listen to GT he knows many things
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I bet GT has more pooping experience than anybody else here...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Word.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Word.
= Bird.
lol wut
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

GT poos like a bird?
What does that mean he poos on people from above?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

he poos in a cup then films it and stuff
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

lol wut
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hey what the.. ocraps. =.=
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

just like flop out your banhammer and poon those newbs
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Carcrazy wrote:You guys really are making those quad-cores sound very, very poor... I think the worst I've put mine through was running Pro Street, MS Office Word 2007, MS Office Powerpoint, MS Office Excel, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, WMP, and Firefox2 with, i think it was 36 tabs?
Can't say I find that impressive. It's not like you're using everything at once, you're just running it at the background.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

W00t! 6 days to Christmas!! More presents (I hope)!! :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKVlnMp6wk

So her gas tank runs out. Best part? She has a Bentley Continental GTC, and she doesn't know where the fuel tank is at.

Why there's only one Hilton in the world, literally? Watch the last part where she threw her change. Simply LOL-worthy.

Return to “General Discussion”