Your NFSU driving style is?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Your NFSU driving style is?

Post by Sweeper »

During regular races, how do you tackle the worst corners?
I do them sideways, drifting, an advanced technique on the foot brake and accelerator.

Do you drive Grip or drift?
Or do you drive a newly made technique called crash? (Crashing through the corners, rubbing the wall)

I am just curious to see what most other people do, because when I raced online last time, there were nobody who used drift, thats why I had them in my pocket, because I got the highest corner entry speed, and found out that I caught most racers unaware.
They start on the racing line, and begins to laugh when they see me aiming at the inside, but the laughter stops when they see my drift stop ahead of them and me disappearing.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Im a drifter.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I try to drift, but it depends on the corner. Most of the time I just slow down a little before the corner, and then step on it when I feel it's time to... :) I haven't played for a couple of months, so I'm a little out of practice... :P
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Most off the time I try to follow the ideal race line, or as close as possible, but I do not use the Crash method. It don't see what's so good about it.

But i'll give the drift a go. Never done it so maybey i'll surprise myself with it
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

This game allows to drive whole circuit without ever stepping on the brakes - just lifting off the gas a bit. Drifting loses time, i just go as quick of a straight line as I can. Roads are SOOO wide that no poing in drift - just find the best entry to leave the corner at a high speed... And it's not the entry speed that's important, it's the EXIT speed. ;)
Warlord
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Warlord »

I'm a drifter and I love to powerslide when there's a big turn.And drifting saves time.
PowerSandro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PowerSandro »

I always use the brakes seconds before the corners... is dificult to only lifting off the gas because lost many time to reduce the speed, the time that you spend stoping to push the gas I use to take a litle bit more of velocity and reduce bruscaly the speed (I use this technique a so many time... from Formula 1 games for PS one), and rarely when I see that I will crash, I push the hand brake to try to drift....
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I almost never drift, I like to stick to the road.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

playing circuits I try to follow always the ideal line, clean drive and high speed..
btw, I love drifting too, so some times I make my car sliding in strong corners
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Drifting can save time or lose it, depending on the corner.

The main difference between drifting on a corner and taking the racing line is, I dont have to slow down. If I can take the corner at 10mph quicker than someone else, I can exit it at 10mph quicker. That means I get the lead. It is best used on tight corners. Long curves lend themselves more to the racing line approach.
Eirik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Eirik »

I`m a drag racer....
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

NFS Owner wrote:I`m a drag racer....
Does that mean you dont do corners then? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, I know what you meant.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I slow down using manual, if Im going 2 fast I down shift twice to drift, works good.
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

I dont really bother with manual, i just go as fast as i can into a corner and hit the wall but ti dont matter... i always stay in the lead because i'm so good with the x-box controller... since i only have it on x-box for now...
yea if people think that that stlye of racing dosent work... then tell me why i have beaten the game with at least 5 different profiles
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i use manual, and i downshift...... then kinda drift/drive the line, but then tap the nos on the way out of the curve :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

DrewBoi wrote:I dont really bother with manual, i just go as fast as i can into a corner and hit the wall but ti dont matter... i always stay in the lead because i'm so good with the x-box controller... since i only have it on x-box for now...
yea if people think that that stlye of racing dosent work... then tell me why i have beaten the game with at least 5 different profiles
5 different profiles doesn't make any difference. Sure, you can hit the wall, but I see it as n00b cheating.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

I stay as grippy as possible, although sometimes a badly timed downshift makes me drive otherwise.
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

ok yea whtever.... just because i use what EA gives me in the game.... yea that is cheating.... yea , i'm also a N00B... Yea Right!!!
but yea whtever dont get me started...
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Euuhmm, you've gotta agree that it's the easy way to win races. I'm now learning to use the manual gearbox (yeah yeah I'm lazy) and I find that following the ideal race line saves me seconds.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Naturally ideal allows you to cut time, why? Naturally because you are able to keep the accelerator open longer.
The longer you can keep it open without braking, the faster you can go.

Well crashing into the walls in every corner is a bit newbish, I did in the start, it saved time yes, but now I drift, I just can't stop doing it in 90 degree corners.
It is addictive.

Anyways, whatever technique you got, as long as it works, it is ok in my book, it may work against the AI, but I doubt the crashing technique works very well online, I found that drift does.
Buster
Stock
Stock

Post by Buster »

I usualy like to stick my tires to the road because with some cars (like the 350Z) I find powersliding a little risky. So I hit the brakes just a little (downshift if needed) and I try to keep the car steady :D I'm not sure it's the fastest way around but it works for me :wink: When the car is easy to control during slides and the turn is something around 90 I sometimes powerslide.
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

Sweeper wrote: Anyways, whatever technique you got, as long as it works, it is ok in my book, it may work against the AI, but I doubt the crashing technique works very well online, I found that drift does.
I actually cant go online b-cuz i have it for the x-box and i barely have any competition so i use the lazy way to win.... if i did have it on pc and a decent video card.. then i would get more serius
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

I'm not really much of an drift fan,but sometimes i impress even myself. :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

My NFSU driving style?? LOL. I just push my keyboard up-arrow and keep my finger here :D When I see a curve, I push left or right. I use N2O when I crash and I need to accelerate extremely in order to go at 300kph again.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

LOL Dani350z, well, it depends, sometimes when i play NFSU, i play it very carefully and i dont scratch my car with even with drifting style or just accelerating and braking on curves, but sometimes i go mad and i just do like Dani, so get my infinite NOS bottles and press the nitrous buttom from the first second to last second of the race continously, SPEE390kphDD

Return to “Underground”