The NFSU Patch

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

The NFSU Patch

Post by Stereo »

When I go on the patch site, it says "Check for patch" I do click it. Then:"Download Now!" I do click that too. And nothing happened. I watched a 2 hour long movie, left the site on with the download, waiting, waiting, waiting, and nothing happened.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

A lot of people including me had this problem. This is how I managed to install the patch:

1. go to:
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/nfs-underground/pc/ (choose your language)

2. Download NFSU_US_PATCH_1.RTP from inside the patch folder.

3. Download this patcher

http://www.datalog.it/DOWNKING/util/RTP ... tPatch.exe

4. open the NFSU_US_PATCH_1.RTP with the patcher and click "fine"
5.wait until its done and thats it

P.S. if you have problems after this, which I had(sound +other) restart your PC.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

That thing RtPatch shows: ept0034
Neither command line parameter specified is an existing directory.

Why does it show that. Is the patch only for the full version?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Ignore the message and click Fine. Then open the "Check for Patch" page and it'll work. You might have to place those 2 files into the NFS7 folder first.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

yes, that patch is only for the full version, well at least that is what I was told.
Littlescrap
Stock
Stock

Post by Littlescrap »

After I open the patch with patcher and click fine I get a blank page that looks like its doing nothing. Am I not waiting long enough at the blank page because I still cant install the patch.?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Just do what was said here, then open that "Check for Patch" page and it'll say the patch has been installed.
Inevitable
Ricer
Ricer

it doesnt work for me

Post by Inevitable »

i also get niether command line is an existing directory and i put it in the nfs7 directory
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

That's fine, ignore it.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

that patch is only for the full nfs:u version, I think, I didn't need to put the patch in the same directory since the patcher does it automatically.
Fuel
Stock
Stock

Post by Fuel »

When I try to run the patcher i get this error.
component 'comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. plese help
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

try searching for that file in google.com , I'm not familiar with that
MaNiA
Ricer
Ricer

comdlg32.ocx

Post by MaNiA »

Here is a link for a runtime package of comdlg32 i believe that u can extract it anywhere:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;290887

hf :D
MaNiA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaNiA »

i did as you said downloaded them both, extracted them in my folder and ran it and gave me a the ept0034 error i clicked fine opened the wbesite and i still havent got the game patched :/
The_Derv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The_Derv »

WTF is going on, this is driving me crazy, Ive just got myself the Skyline and kitted it up to the nines. I cant race it online cos although i have spent alot of time trying to do it, all ways of installing the patch dont seem to be working for me!!!!!!!!

If anyone has the updated exe file and a fast connection i would love them to e-mail me and attach it as this appears to be the only way I'm gonna have any joy

P.S Im not just being lazy, I have followed the above instructions several times to no avail!!!!

This appears to be a serious EA **** up and forums all over the net are buzzing bout it

Most grateful all

Diesel
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I got the error message once , but then it worked, I really dont know how else to install the patch, but the way I said it seemed to be the easiest , you just get the patch from the ftp site, u get the patcher, load the patch from the patcher, patch... anyways , it worked fine.
Check to see if maybe you installed the game in a different directory than the patch. If the game is in a diferent directory, the patch may not recognize it, so I suggest you try reinstalling tha game and not changing the default location to install, if you changed it.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

When I tried to patch the game the official game, the patcher tried to patch my demo version, which wasn't even installed - it made a speed.exe on my desktop and when I copied that file into the underground folder, the game of course didn't work.

I managed to patch with this unofficial patcher without any problems.
Those of you who have problems, look at file attributes for speed.exe. It may be read only.
The_Derv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The_Derv »

Thanks to a great administrator i have a copy of the patched and fully working exe

As i have spent all weekend trying to sort this out and know how much of a pi£$ take it is to get working i am prepared to mail it to anyone who needs it

Just get in touch with me

Thanks all
MaNiA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaNiA »

why dont you put it on a website so we can download it all then derv :D wudnt it be much easier ? :P
MaNiA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaNiA »

jus found something interesting apparently if you want to update the uk version u shud go here:
http://www.eagames.com/official/nfs/und ... /patch.jsp

coz the game sends u to the US version one... some ppl say it works...

UPDATE: i managed to download something now i gotta find out how not to get black screens

INFO: Just traced what exactly the update page does. Once you opened the patch webpage it starts downloading and probably makes you browser very slow. What it does is download the update file at increadibly low speed which i found on my XP to be in

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\~temp.rtp

now once this reaches 3.85 mb it copies it self as an exe i believe. I havent managed to start the game yet. I keep gettin black screens when starting the game so any suggestions are welcome :D
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I think the website engine patches the game, because the patch is always an .RTP file, try doing what I did in page one, it worked for me.
MaNiA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaNiA »

Yeah following my previous post:
you can monitor the progress of the download in the temp folder

If you are running UK(/EU i guess as well) version:
http://www.eagames.com/official/nfs/und ... /patch.jsp

otherwise the one from the actual game should work.

After it has downloaded the file it should be in your NFS dir

NOTE: Make sure it is not mixture between 2 files, if thats possible, but just in case delete the rtp file from your temp folder.

It has worked for me... gl & hf
marantz
Stock
Stock

Help

Post by marantz »

I did everything that has been said in this topic and I've got error 53: patchw32 not found

Can anybody help?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I got the same error about 4 times and somehow it fixed itself and I was able to patch again... keep trying.

If I find the time I'll upload the patched speed.exe v1.3, If I do, I'll post it here.
ooberphreke
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ooberphreke »

hi. i've done all of the above, and still get this error:

PrjRtPatch

Run-time error '53':

File not found: patchw32

What's this? Some1 please help...thanx.

ok. i've retried it at least 10x & still get the same thing. Should i try using NFSU_US_PATCH_2.RTP or NFSU_US_PATCH_3.RTP from the ftp above or what? This really sux hard! HELP!!!

Return to “Help & Support”