Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by TheStig »

@Jocoja, you need a fuel door?
why?

Ooh and this car is a French import, for you RHD drivers you are lucky... The Brits got loads of them.
In LHD they are pretty rare especially the Facelift versions.

@Bogan, the MR2 looks nice btw, it's completely stock isn't it including the rims? nice find!
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

My car has always had a dikcy fuel door, since I bought it. Actually, as you can see in the picture below... the hinge has corroded away and snapped out of position. So the wonky door really sticks out when you look at the exterior of the car.

Image Image
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

TheStig wrote:@Bogan, the MR2 looks nice btw, it's completely stock isn't it including the rims?
Hmmmm not really. Today I'll get some photos and post it up in "your rides".

btw Jacoja, is that hinge held on by rivets? Hard to tell from here but they don't look like bolts. You might be needing a good drill and a rivet gun before you attack that one.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Oh, sod. You're right... it's held together by two rivets :| .
Well, it should be an interesting job. Looks like I'm not the only person with a rusted fuel door hinge, too:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthr ... ?p=4969270
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

jonnybbush wrote:I have Supra and Mazda RX-8.
I love these two car.
What gen Supra do you have? Also, what do you think of the RX8 engine and performance? The one I drove (231) handled well but really had no go, which was the last thing you need in a 1500-odd KG wet weight car. Mind you, I was driving my S2 when I drove one and even the bikes seem quite slow after that.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nah, I also thought the RX-8 felt pretty slow. Really needs a turbo on that baby twin-rotor.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

boganbusman wrote:Nah, I also thought the RX-8 felt pretty slow. Really needs a turbo on that baby twin-rotor.
I think it's the whole lack of any kind of torque, or power for that matter, below about 7000rpm. Yeah, I love revvy N/A cars that you can spank the bumbum off, but that takes the biscuit. Hell, the CSL was N/A and had what, about 290lb ft with tweaks?
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

Well, I drive my dad's 2006 Audi A6 2.0 TDi S line occasionally. Not as fast as I would have wanted but it looks amazing, in my opinion. :)

I've got my eyes on a 1.3 Toyota Glanza V Turbo for my first proper car. Do you guys reckon it would be a good choice?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Sure, the Starlet is a good machine. FWD and 130hp is perfect for a first car.
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

I think insurance would only be an issue. People were telling me that there's not many insurance companies that cover them. Unless you insure it as a non-turbo starlet and not a Glanza Turbo. :S
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Surely 3rd party cover is still fairly cheap? I've never had full comp insurance on any of my cars! Costs too much being under 25...

Then again, I've never had a car that was worth insuring :lol:
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

If I was to insure it as a standard non-turbo, I think it'd be fine.

But as soon as you mention 'turbo'...... game over!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

^Speed 12^ wrote:I think insurance would only be an issue. People were telling me that there's not many insurance companies that cover them. Unless you insure it as a non-turbo starlet and not a Glanza Turbo. :S
You'd be surprised. I know a few people around the age of 18 who run them- a mate of mine had one briefly, with a T28 from an S14a on it. That went pop quite quickly...

The challenge will be finding one that hasn't been ragged to buggery.

As for the A6- 2.0 diesel isn't enough for such a large car. My A4 is mapped and fitted with a half-decent exhaust- even though its pushing 210+bhp and 380lb ft it's nowhere near fast enough for me. Good for annoying Civic Type R drivers though. Have had an AET fettled non-VGT turbo attached to a Mk4 TDi manifold sitting in my garage for what seems like a decade now, but become too into my bikes to ever bother fitting it. Sure I'll reconsider over the winter.

News- Triumph was severely damaged in a crash in the Italian alps earlier this year. Have been gradually reconstructing it from a bare replacement frame to eventually incorporate-

*Full replaceemnt FRP race bodywork and underbelly with custom front bikini fairing
*Balanced and blueprinted engine with a ported head and reground cams
*Daytona race-spec Ohlins adjustable rear shock
*Inverted front Ohlins shocks
*Lengthened single-sided rear swingarm
*Race spec short shift kit and slipper-type clutch
*Custom underslung exhaust system
*Brembo 6-piston calipers front and rear
*Lightweight race-spec mag/forged alu wheels

The eventual aim is 150kg and 150bhp. Currently the bike is in its component parts, waiting for news on custom panels and feasibility of a race exhaust.

Have bought my old Thundercat 600 snotter back off from the mate I sold it to for daily riding.
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

I know, I was looking around and people tend to be boosting them up to 200 bhp +! Can that be healthy for a 1.3? :O

Hmm yeah, a 2.0 isn't enough power for a big car. We were thinking of getting it mapped but I don't think we'll be keeping it much longer.

We were thinking of replacing it with a 330D M-Sport (Preferrably the new facelift model). However, the problem is over here, we have a HUGE problem of idiots going around 'scratching' and 'keying' cars just for fun! :@ The A6 has a huge key-line going across the side of the car! it doesn't look too bad from far because of the silver paintjob, but still! Thats why we don't want to take that risk with something newer. F***ing vandals! :@
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

power is nothing without control, well unless the car is so slow that you dont even need to make an effort to corner

rx8 is also in NFSHP WTF! way to slow of a car for that game

alsorecently i have driven the current gen. jetta, those are so fast and can corner really fast. there glued to the road
Instagram @SupraHKS
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Zotic+ wrote:alsorecently i have driven the current gen. jetta, those are so fast and can corner really fast. there glued to the road
Troll harder.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

boganbusman wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:alsorecently i have driven the current gen. jetta, those are so fast and can corner really fast. there glued to the road
Troll harder.
Except there isn't a "Current" generation of Jetta anyway, as it's not due to be released until September. This side of the pond anyway. So he must mean a Mk5. Which is neither fast, nor that good in the handling stakes. Basically, it's a Mk5 Golf made slightly slower, slightly uglier and slightly less rear-heavy.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

steelsnake00 wrote:
boganbusman wrote:
Troll harder.
Except there isn't a "Current" generation of Jetta anyway, as it's not due to be released until September. This side of the pond anyway. So he must mean a Mk5. Which is neither fast, nor that good in the handling stakes. Basically, it's a Mk5 Golf made slightly slower, slightly uglier and slightly less rear-heavy.
hmmm this jetta http://www.newcartestdrive.com/08/08-jetta-hero.jpg
i only did a litttle hot lap around my neighborhood so eh? it felt pretty fast for a small FWD sedan
Instagram @SupraHKS
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

smithsjhons wrote:I like to drive different cars like Audi, Ferrari, BMW. but My favorite one is Ferrari Enzo. I am big fan of Sachin and Michael Shumacher

Yeah right, sure you do :roll:
Pillock.
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

LMAO!!!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Lol, Enzo Ferrari. Proletarians drive that.

I'm rollin' the streets in the beast above. No hating please.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Hey Steel, bit of news on the RX-7 front. Just got another shell for mine and getting my motor running again with the bonus of having a spare (currently not working) motor too :)

All went a bit pear shaped as I'm now buying the shell off the guy I was initially selling my shell too! He got cold feet and wanted to stick with pistons instead. Can't wait till it's running again as then I can royally weewee off the local constabulary as they are attempting to claim that I don't have a permit to do something illegal. Having found some rather dusty old law that allows me to run about without the requirement to have Registration (tax in the UK) or a license (I'm on my UK one at the moment due to complaints about the new one they are bringing in here) they are going shiznit bricks when I start using the RX again instead of the crappy Falcon I've been running about in recently.

Also the 405 Mi16 is due to be fixed in a week or two as well. Finally we'll have more working cars than people to use them here! Currently we have 7 cars of which 2 work, 2 are close to working and 3 are just paperweights...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Kaerar wrote:Hey Steel, bit of news on the RX-7 front. Just got another shell for mine and getting my motor running again with the bonus of having a spare (currently not working) motor too :)

All went a bit pear shaped as I'm now buying the shell off the guy I was initially selling my shell too! He got cold feet and wanted to stick with pistons instead. Can't wait till it's running again as then I can royally weewee off the local constabulary as they are attempting to claim that I don't have a permit to do something illegal. Having found some rather dusty old law that allows me to run about without the requirement to have Registration (tax in the UK) or a license (I'm on my UK one at the moment due to complaints about the new one they are bringing in here) they are going shiznit bricks when I start using the RX again instead of the crappy Falcon I've been running about in recently.

Also the 405 Mi16 is due to be fixed in a week or two as well. Finally we'll have more working cars than people to use them here! Currently we have 7 cars of which 2 work, 2 are close to working and 3 are just paperweights...
Good news!

My slipper clutch has arrived but the damn thing doesn't fit. Need a whole Daytona gearbox and flywheel to mate the whole lot together, which is a right royal pain in the backside as even though the gearboxes are identical in terms of mounts and size, the output shaft size is different so I'll have to change the front sprocket too.

New car being considered as I no longer have a need for an estate, what with the better half dealing with the transportation of our canines in her Mondeo ST220 estate (see, even she's got reasonably good taste in cars!) Considering buying an E39 M5 as a daily hack, if I can find one that's had all the necessary VANOS/sensor work done.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

IIRC those ST220's went pretty good for a Ford :)

Me I prefer the Cosworth RS500 I was given a spin in (too young to actually drive it at the time), man that was a fun car, though a bit small for dogs. Think the new RS6 Avant would be good for that job though, or even the M5 Touring, maybe even a Merc AMG E or C63 Estate ;)

But that's mean on the dogs...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

I don't really want to spend THAT much money, just round about the same as what the Audi cost on purchase. As tempted as I am to spend £50k on cars over a 2 year period (again...) I'm going to resist. If I do get an M5 it will get slightly lumpier cams, lightweight pullies, AP Racing 6-pots, a decent exhaust system and manifolds and some Ground Control coilovers. 440-odd HP should keep me happy until I finish building the bike.

Return to “The Cars”