Hey check this out it's camaro in career WTF??

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
ManMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ManMan »

well, at last there is no need to worry about getting the pinkslip, just defeat the rival and the car in your safehouse will be unlocked :P
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

ManMan wrote:well, at last there is no need to worry about getting the pinkslip, just defeat the rival and the car in your safehouse will be unlocked :P
Nice find :D
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

@Stat-x: Uhhh... this seems to be a little too complicated for me to understand. LOL I will have to read it several times.
@ManMan: Nice find. I will check it out and see if I can expalin it a little easyer.

Edit. I've checkedit , it works ok. I will write it later.
ManMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ManMan »

its something with the last numbers of the code, in the end line u have to change the "FF" to "01" if u don't, u still have the pinkslip car, but it crashes when entering the car select mode in ur safehouse.

maybe comparing the hex codes from the blacklist cars with a finished savefile hex codes. they may be differents... :?
I used the codes from the BMW M3 from a finished game file and paste it into the new save file... :roll:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Don't wory, it works. I will try it more extensively and then write it in a easily understandable way. :)
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

STAT-X wrote:000F001F00 - Unknown, don't know what this part does yet - it may be worth checking.
1F indicate where car customization; it is referred to the car customization block ended with 1F CD CD CD. E.g. the next car will be 20 and car customization block is ended with 20 CD CD CD.

00 (one following 1F) indicate where car statistic in career mode is stored. The area starting at file offset 0xE2F6. If the statistic exist, each block starting like 00 CD, 01 CD, etc. For non-career mode car, it is always FF.
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

Here is more information of what I found about the savegame file:

Car header section (0x5BC5 – 0x6B64)
Each header is 12 bytes long that can be divided into 5 parts.
aa aa aa aa bb bb bb bb bb bb bb bb cc cc cc cc dd ee CD CD
a – ID or sequence
b – car hex code
c – define if it is bonus car, my cars, career cars…
d – car customization ID
e – car career statistic ID, always FF if not career car
Last 2 bytes are separator, always CD CD

Car customization section (0x6B65 – 0xE2EC)
Each customization block is 408 bytes long. Always end with XX CD CD CD, where XX is the ID (dd) in car header or FF if the block is unused.

Car career statistic section (0xE2ED – 0xE864)
Each statistic block is 56 bytes long. Always begin with XX CD, where XX is the ID (ee) in car header or FF if the block is unused.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Nice. This explains how ManMan's method works, Now I wonder: if the part determines the car customization ID, and you change the one of a normal car to the one of a blacklist car, then when you customize it, this will modify the blacklist member car also. I think...
I will try and see. This could be good, or bad, or I don't know what.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Ok, I've tryed. And here is what happens: You can mod the car in your garage. But when you go to the blaclist bio and check out the car of the blacklist member, it looks the same it allwais was. But when you go back to the garage: Your car is back to the original shape! (meaning, it is the pinkslip car again, the mods you made are gone) Besides, the performance upgrades disappear, laeving your car performance stock.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

He who did the Mega Trainer for NFSU2 "Override2Zion" has he tried to do anything with NFSMW? Hes Mega Trainer for NFSU2 you could modified / add or replace any car and performance/visual, also add or remove unique stuff.
NFS forever
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NFS forever »

i dont get it how did he do it
:shock:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Ok, I have buit a 100% complete savegame (my sav) with all pinkslip cars plus the Ford Castrol GT, and all bonus cars and police cars unlocked for buying in the car lot.
Besides, I linked all bounty records together, so if you colect bounty with one car, all other cars will get it too!
The one missing is razors GT. The savegame smithsyscom posted in the other pinkslip car thread has it, but I couldn't add it to this savegame. :? I'll keep working.

If someone wishes to mod this savegame feel free to.

Edit: Done, Police cars and Razors mustang in the safehouse. :D
Attachments
Pink_Slip_Bonus.zip
(12 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Last edited by Koffy on 15 Jan 2006, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

@Koffy: Can we modify the cars' performance in that savegame you've given?
yacoub
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yacoub »

Sweet, thanks Koffy! The cop cars don't seem to be there in the car lot to buy, but this is a great start!
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

@Andre: I suppose you can. I haven't tryed.
@yacoub: oops :oops: I thought I had. Probably forgot to save.

Edit: Updated. Police cars and Razors Mustang added.
yacoub
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yacoub »

Hey thanks, very very cool. The SUV even allows upgrades making it TONS of fun! :)
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

Koffy, i just used that savegame, it was PERFECT! except one thing i just remembered, that when you start a new career, there is a race between M3 GTR and a Supra (Ronnie's), it also has unique vinly on it.....can you add it to your savegame? thanx.

and btw, can you write something for n00bs(like me) about how to use hex editor to get those "unique cars" into a savegame ?
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

That is Flame 8 vinyl.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

oh, thanx.....
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Koffy wrote:@Andre: I suppose you can. I haven't tryed.
Actually I tried it again this morning, and I still can't modify the performance of some cars like the GT2 and the BE M3 GTR. I also couldn't find the cop cars you mentioned, in the Readme file, in the Car Lot
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Andre, editting the performance of bonus cars is still not an option. It's not something we can't change in the savegame file, I think.

BTW, did anybody try to make a RX8 so it looks like Mai's ride ??? I know the vinyl is the BE vinyl #2, but I can't get the spoiler right.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

@andre: The file was updated. Redownload it to get the cops. :wink:
@spectre: I will write it on monday. I'm thinking of a better way of adding them tham manually modding each one.

@Stat-X I was thinking of that allso. I will see if I can notice which one it is.
I will allso try to make Rog's GTO. :)
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

I try this sometime before, I post my works in "Hex code for pinkslip cars?". Let evaluate it.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Thanks Koffy! :)
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Koffy wrote:@Stat-X I was thinking of that allso. I will see if I can notice which one it is.
I will allso try to make Rog's GTO. :)
I'm afraid smithsyscom beat you to it :)

I took a closer look at the videos to figure out what spoiler mia's ride has, but when you look close enough, you'll notice it changes. For example, in the video where you first see mia, and she drives next to you, you'll see that her car has a spoiler with 2 bars which attach it to her trunk. But in the same video, when you reach the traffic light and see cross, you'll see she has a spoiler with 3 bars. Also, sometimes you'll see the the hood has an intake, and sometimes it doesn't (check the video where she shows you the safehouse). Actually kinda funny how EA messed that up :lol:

Anyway, smithsyscom deed a great job with those cars, lets just keep 'm that way.

Return to “Editing”