Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
azzkika
Drift King
Drift King

Post by azzkika »

So this time in the demos will we be able to customize the cars??or will we get pre-tuned ones to drive around?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

pizdefl wrote:
The Gravedigger wrote:That's only 39 so far, there 'should' be another 11, so I guess you'll all have to keep on waiting.
I don't think so. EA said that there will be about 50 cars including traffic. These credits are finished and won't be changed IMO
Well...after making a few modifications, there are 43 cars now.

I also added Plymouth because it was under the credits and it leads me to believe there will probably be a Roadrunner or a Hemi Cuba...or any Plymouth muscle car...
pizdefl
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pizdefl »

2furio, Can I ask you that you make a pic of this credits (readable if possible), please?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

pizdefl wrote:2furio, Can I ask you that you make a pic of this credits (readable if possible), please?
Here it is...can't do better than this...unless someone is able to get their hands on the HD video
(thanks to Flazh for the picture)
Attachments
Autosculpt Video Credits
Autosculpt Video Credits
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

If someone mentioned it and I missed it, then sorry... But the video clearly says that the official RD is November 1st. Almost 10 days earlier than the previous installments. Nice.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

Here you are, a bigger screenshot of the credits. Resolution 640x480, zoomed in @ 150%
Attachments
carcredits.jpg
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

OMG! :shock: awesoe thing!
Druboe
Ricer
Ricer

Demo!!!

Post by Druboe »

well , the demo is coming out the 3rd september as it says :) so , be prepared to download it ;) Druboe

Source : http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Demo!!!

Post by 2furio »

Druboe wrote:well , the demo is coming out the 3rd september as it says :) so , be prepared to download it ;) Druboe

Source : http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng
1. Old news...it has been mentioned a few pages back
2. It's in question mark and nothing is final.
3. It says it will be similar to the demo at the convention, which is the PS2 demo. Don't wait for a PC demo to be released...yet...
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I was really hoping for some honda's in there. :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Wow that is some impressive news... I am going to like Carbon more and more, with each carlist I see 8)

I love that EA took the effort to get a Pagani Zonda and a Koenigsegg CCX, same goes for a Toyota MR2, I hope it is the convertible

But there are some things that makes it look like there are more cars:

The Toyota Sprinter TRUENO and the corolla are almost certainly the same car.
In the U2 credits they said the same. simple reason: if they get a AE86 Corolla they have to mention the other names that they car has in other countries cause in those countries the pictured car has a diffirent name.
So the Corolla and Sprinter TRUENO are 90% sure the same car.
Same goes for the Lexus IS300 and the Toyota Altezza. both the same car.
The Toyota Altezza is the same car as a Lexus IS series. but was originally only sold in Japan. All Lexus models are sold as Toyota in Japan.
So I am almost sure there will be only a Lexus IS300, personally would rather see the Toyota version but he..

I am not 100% sure but am pretty sure about it :wink: :lol:

Ooh and there is no IS300 for 2006. they changed it to a IS350. :wink:
Last edited by TheStig on 25 Aug 2006, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
tsuchiya
Ricer
Ricer

Post by tsuchiya »

WELL, i guess there are 18(or 19) cars in each class, so make it 54(or 57) cars in total
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Someone who played the PS2 demo wrote:Since you all seem so interested ill give you some of the details youve all wanted. The opening sequence (for now) is the main character in a db9, being confronted by a not very nice man, in that green mazda you might have seen. and he talks and then there is a canyon sequence and the db9 falls off or summink.
There are three levels: a normal race, in which your teamate helps you by charging off into a wall when you press triangle. The ai is impressive and the other cars try to ram you
Drift: which is really ba d at first but when you get used to it feels better than the original drifting; you just need some speed first.
A canyon duel: which is t he one always shown in videos, first you chase him, the closer you get the more points you earn, second round he chases you and the closer he gets the more points you lose. I went up to 135,000 points after the first round, and won overall with only 3,000 left!
THE CAR TYPES
The muscle cars are bad, hard to control and very heavy, i could hardly win the canyon race in the camaro. The exotics are the best, they handle ok, and are good for braking and stability. The tuners are not so fas t, but very fast around corners and hardly ever drift.
trejo818
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by trejo818 »

i already know there is going to be the BMW M3 GTR so now i hopeing for the Nissan Skyline R-34 and i don't care about the rest as long as i have those 2 cars :) and i hope the BMW M3 GTR is customizable this time :)
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

Looks like Hondas aren't gonna be in carbon :cry:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wow, I think there will be a McLaren :) in this game (hopefully the F1 instead of the SLR again), and I think there's also going to be a Mitsubishi Eclipse! I also saw '911' under Porsche, and I'm hoping for the 997 Turbo, GT3, or GT2.

EDIT: Question - When it says Carrera under Porsche, is it referring to the Carrera GT or the 911 Carrera?
pizdefl
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pizdefl »

Which race modes will be in demo and if we'll be able to autosculpt?
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I hope you get to do a canyon duel! looks fun!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Porsche-AG wrote:EDIT: Question - When it says Carrera under Porsche, is it referring to the Carrera GT or the 911 Carrera?
It doesn't really matter does it? We already know the Carrera GT is in the game and it says 911, so either way, both cars should be in the game...
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Skyline_man wrote:
Someone who played the PS2 demo wrote:Blah..blah..blah Blah..blah..blah ........Blah..blah..blah.... Blah..blah..blah
The guy didny say thing about the cars available :cry:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

finally the mr2! ive wanted that car for a while!
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

the last time I saw that car was in a dreamcast racing game
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I love the fact that the Toyota MR2 is back, but I'm going to miss the Toyota Celica. And I think it's good to see some old school American muscle in this game, like the Plymouth and the old Dodge Charger. I notice that there's a Porsche 911 Carrera S, so I sure hope that there's a Porsche 911 Turbo as well, I love that car.

I think EA may have finally gotten something right. A Pagani and a Koenigsegg in a Need for Speed game? That hasn't happened since the good old times. This carlist is really something to look forward to, at least for me. Now if only EA lived up to its word and the performance of the cars is as accurate and different as they claim, I'm happy.

I have only one thing to say about the Corolla/Trueno and Lexus/Altezza debate. It's quite possible that they are the same car, just with different names depending on the region. Remember how NFSU2 had different cars depending on the region the game was from? The same could apply here. Instead of creating two totally different credits screens, EA could have created just one and shoved everything in there. Or this may not even be the final credits screen as there are not 50 cars yet, and the "duplicate" car names could be removed. We'll just have to wait and see.
vanyots
Ricer
Ricer

autosculpt demo

Post by vanyots »

Two pages back 2furio posted links to shots from some guy having the PS2 demo.

Anyone notice the ridiculously wide tyres on this shot:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/ ... rnt000.jpg
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

just saw the pictures and yes those tires are so wide! :shock:

Return to “Carbon”