Showroom4???

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Showroom4???

Post by SliM_880 »

Is there going to be a new design or style for the new showroom for nfscarbon? Or is the showroom going to be the same as this, but with an additional subsection for carbon?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I think it would be good if Showroom3.com had a major update, commiting NFSCarbon as its main category. It is a fantastic site as it is so far, but we just need more activity.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Since customization made it into NFS, this site has had a different showroom dedicated to each game. Granted Most Wanted didn't have a lot of customization, I don't think that Carbon should be included in SR3. I think that there should be a SR4, set up somehow to take advantage of the almost limitless customization possibilities of Carbon.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

In my opinion the Showroom 2 was the best so far, in terms of browsing cars easily. The cars got a bigger amount of comments and ratings. In contrast it is really hard to spot the different cars at the current version which are only noticeable when they are the latest updated ones. If those most recent cars doesnt receive any comment at that moment, they won't never.

The good thing is that visually it's the best so far, and it has some good features like the Categories and the Friends.

My suggestion is to get back to the previous browsing system and recover that little feature called Random Car ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Random Car feature gets my vote.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

SP4RCO wrote:In my opinion the Showroom 2 was the best so far, in terms of browsing cars easily. The cars got a bigger amount of comments and ratings. In contrast it is really hard to spot the different cars at the current version which are only noticeable when they are the latest updated ones. If those most recent cars doesnt receive any comment at that moment, they won't never.

The good thing is that visually it's the best so far, and it has some good features like the Categories and the Friends.

My suggestion is to get back to the previous browsing system and recover that little feature called Random Car ;)
agree with you there man... showroom 2 is the main reason most people joined this site... its the reason why i joined this site...i saw almost no faults in the organization of the system and stuff...i think that the best thing to do is to restore showroom 2 and rename it as showroom4 that is only for nfs carbon...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Most of the SR2 features removed from SR3 were related to rankings (overall top, car top, etc) which polluted the community with lots and lots of friend upvoting/enemy downvoting and turned the whole thing into a popularity contest.

True, the current system is harder to browse, hence less comments/votes are given. Don't know how this could be improved though, without it leading to pissing contests again...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Carbon section of Showroom is now open.
The new showroom will be a bit different though. Unnecessary things will go out (news), categories will remain, but will be open to join.
Car lists will return.
Tops will be generated by amount of rep received in the last 24 hours (like it is now).

Showroom Challenge will return!
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

and what about random cars?
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Bojan wrote:Carbon section of Showroom is now open.
The new showroom will be a bit different though. Unnecessary things will go out (news), categories will remain, but will be open to join.
Car lists will return.
Tops will be generated by amount of rep received in the last 24 hours (like it is now).

Showroom Challenge will return!
thats awesome 8)

will we have like user's rankings? not a car's ranking... user's total rankings... like we used to have this in SR2 and i think enzo.ph took the 1st place...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Added a few things:

* Quick upload: button is always available in the header
* Games list on your profile: browse your garages and ungaraged cars in a game
* Top and new on game main now have a More button
* Car selector on game main page - selecting a car will print out total nr. of cars in the showroom, links to top and new and 3 random cars
* Edit car details, move to other garages

Imo the car selector really looks awesome :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Another update

* Rating the car is now done right there in the box. No more going to a separate page and returning. Try it out ;)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

thats awesome thanks :D
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Wow bojan keep it up.. can't wait till showroom challenge returns.. please bring back favs!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

will i be able to upload nude pics oyself :?:
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Sir Ibi wrote:will i be able to upload nude pics oyself :?:
ya maybe in the wallpaper section... or maybe artwork?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Update

* added favourites
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Since you're adding things, how about a "More" button in profile top list (maybe latest aswell) so one could check which cars have most rep (or newest) beyond the first three?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

vellu wrote:Since you're adding things, how about a "More" button in profile top list (maybe latest aswell) so one could check which cars have most rep (or newest) beyond the first three?
Done.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Erm, how do I vote for duels or even participate?
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Bojan awesome that favs returned, really liking it. Altough i can't see who faved my car and i'd really like to know, because you know some people don't comment or don't mention in their comment that they faved your car :) and just 1 thingy left, duels! can't wait!
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Hmm.. I see the changes and I like how you can navigate alot easier but.. it seems like someone \/ voted *down* my UG2 Mustang GT, that isn't possible right?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Oh my goodness...don't start about the dvoters again. Just ignore the darn rating, it has very little real meaning. (I think it should be removed all together, just keep the stars).
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

vellu wrote:Oh my goodness...don't start about the dvoters again. Just ignore the darn rating, it has very little real meaning. (I think it should be removed all together, just keep the stars).

Well alright then, jeez. :lol:
Last edited by TheNoobofFerraris on 29 Nov 2006, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

bojan said showroom challenges will return but we donno when

Return to “The Showroom”