Cars Textures Edit.

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
AUTOart
Ricer
Ricer

Cars Textures Edit.

Post by AUTOart »

Hello!

I would like to edit GT3 RS stripe texture, is it possible to do with a vinyl editor?

I want to invert the stripe color.

Thanks.

:wink:
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

I want to know as well. The orange is really ugly.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Not yet, maybe later.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Hey well thats part of the GT3 RS, I, personally, like it, aslong as it has the right colour on the car itself
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

You have to remove the 'texture'-vinyl first, after that, re-apply it as normal vinyl (the stock one) and you can set the color just like normal. Check this thread http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13089 on how to mess with customization slots and 'texture'-vinyls. The bytes you are looking for are 537D.

greets
cparty
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Ok, what is the code for BMW then? I'd like to remove/edit it's "texture"-vinyl. This is BMW M3 GTR's hex, am I right?

4E 4A CC 23 B3 5F 08 4E

So how does it go when I want to edit that texture?
AUTOart
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AUTOart »

cparty wrote:You have to remove the 'texture'-vinyl first, after that, re-apply it as normal vinyl (the stock one) and you can set the color just like normal. Check this thread http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13089 on how to mess with customization slots and 'texture'-vinyls. The bytes you are looking for are 537D.

greets
cparty
Thanks.

I repace 537B with 3393 and I can remove the vinyl. I re-apply it but I can't the color? :cry:

I use Tsearch. :)
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

AUTOart wrote:I repace 537B with 3393 and I can remove the vinyl. I re-apply it but I can't the color?
Tsearch is fine, but it will be more complicated to get to the correct customization2 as the memory addresses change and you will also find the bytes 537D a lot more than in the savegame. So I suggest you try editing it in your save (after you've done a backup of course).

Short version:
- Add/buy a carrera GT3.
- Close the game, open the save in a HexEditor of your choice (for example HexWorkshop).
- Search for 537D and replace it with something that will not occur in your save (like 7777 - do not use 3393), so you can find it again if it wasn't the correct 537D you changed. If you only have 1 GT3, chances are big you find the code only once anyway.
- Save the savegame and restart the game and load it using a saveloader (like gnagna's unlocker).
- Go to your GT3 and verify that the texture is gone. Otherwise, there went something wrong and you probably need to search for another 537D.
- If the texture IS gone, go to customize -> visuals -> vinyls -> stock and choose one of the two. Both should allow you to change the color.

Long version (works also for codes which cannot be found easily using the search, or if you don't know the code):
- Add/buy a carrera GT3.
- Close the game, open the save in a HexEditor of your choice (for example HexWorkshop).
- Find the GT3 carcode in your carslot and go to the associated customization2 as described in the thread I linked above (that's the long part :)).
- Replace 537D with something that will not occur in your save (like 7777 - do not use 3393).
- Save the savegame and restart the game and load it using a saveloader (like gnagna's unlocker).
- Go to your GT3 and verify that the texture is gone. Otherwise, there went something wrong and you probably need to check if you started at the correct carslot to find customization2.
- If the texture IS gone, go to customize -> visuals -> vinyls -> stock and choose one of the two. Both should allow you to change the color.

@Finalmaster2: you can do the same for the BMW just look for 557D instead of 537D.
Finalmaster2 wrote:Ok, what is the code for BMW then? I'd like to remove/edit it's "texture"-vinyl. This is BMW M3 GTR's hex, am I right?
4E 4A CC 23 B3 5F 08 4E
There are 3 BMW carcodes, so the carcode depends on which one of those you bought/added.

Btw. the codes from 3D7D - 737D are some texture codes, try them out if you like, there are some nice ones. Note that only every second code (3D7D, 3F7D, 417D etc.) will be a valid texture code.

Greets
cparty
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

What about the 2007 Shelby? I want to make one with blue stripes and a white body.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Oh, and also, is there any way to change the orange on the spoiler and mirrors?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

cparty wrote:There are 3 BMW carcodes, so the carcode depends on which one of those you bought/added.
Greets
cparty
What is the third BMW code? and what is different from this two i already know about.

4E4ACC23 B35F084E 20000200 FFFF0000 <<BMW M3 GTR Race (fast)
4E4ACC23 0EE2332A 20000200 FFFF0000 <<BMW M3 GTR Race (slow)
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

So would that code go then like this?

53 7D 4E 4A CC 23 B3 5F 08 4E

If I got it wrong, then please tell me the full code. Hopefully this can be done via Tsearch?
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

this is what you have to look for. I changed the 557D with 1234 and removed the vinyl. If you are using Tsearch try searching for the first two codes EA38 9706 ,and if it shows to many results search for the first 3 and so on...
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

Ceano wrote:What is the third BMW code? and what is different from this two i already know about.
4E4ACC23 B35F084E 20000200 FFFF0000 <<BMW M3 GTR Race (fast)
4E4ACC23 0EE2332A 20000200 FFFF0000 <<BMW M3 GTR Race (slow)
The 3rd carcode is C4053AF9 961642D4. The car is identical with the faster version. When you look at the whole carcodes you see plenty of codes starting with C4053AF9. There is always an equivalent car with a different code. It looks like some of the bonus/custom/special cars use the C4053AF9 version codes, but never a stock one.
dice66 wrote:this is what you have to look for. I changed the 557D with 1234 and removed the vinyl. If you are using Tsearch try searching for the first two codes EA38 9706 ,and if it shows to many results search for the first 3 and so on...
Unfortunately it's not that easy. Take a look at my picture:
First, the customization2 for the BMW starts at the bytes 3547 not EA38, that's part of another customization2. See the green C94C FFFF? That's the standard window tint and is usually the end of a customization2 slot. Customization2 slots have a variable size and are not static in memory/save, this means they move around and its links are updated accrodingly.
Second, the areas marked with yellow are NOT part of the customization2, EA interleaved data with some other stuff there. What numbers you see there depends on the position of the customization2. You can also look at them as some sort of pointer, if you mess with them the game will either crash, end up in an infinite loop or you might even end up editing a wrong customization2 slot. So don't touch these bytes.
Just searching for a couple of bytes will most certainly not lead to success (for customization2) when done in memory (your best bet is to search for C94C FFFF XXXX, where XXXX is the start of the customization you are looking for - if you haven't changed window tint in the slot that is used just infront), you need to use the calculation method to be sure.
Finalmaster2 wrote:So would that code go then like this?
53 7D 4E 4A CC 23 B3 5F 08 4E
No, the carcode would still be 4E4ACC23 B35F084E. You have to get to the customization2 and edit there.
drftkng wrote:What about the 2007 Shelby? I want to make one with blue stripes and a white body. Oh, and also, is there any way to change the orange on the spoiler and mirrors?
You can do it the same way. Add/buy the GT500, remove the texture (697D), and add the stock vinyl which can be colored. I can't see any orange there though. If you meant the GT3, then the answer is yes & no. I haven't found a way to just remove them, but some other textures will override those colors when applied.

Greets
cparty
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

I saw that it's hard when i tried it in tsearch after i put another car in my cars.
I don't know if this applies but i changed the 3547 from the start of the customization 2 to 1234 and i got rid of the spoiler. BUT i tried it on another save and it did't work. I don't know what's the deal here but at least i have the BMW without that spoiler. and Btw i can't put a new one, it does like when you are trying to put a roof scoop.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Ahh, I understand what happened to you. You see, BMW's spoiler is actually part of body mesh and it shouldn't be removed with out editing meshes. It just seems, that when EA added to BMW other spoilers, you could then also remove that original one. Weird. :?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well some of the Carrera GT's aftermarket body Kit's has an inbuilt spoiler, and if you add a separate spoiler you got two just like the BMW. It is just a body kit with an inbuilt spoiler nothing weird with that.
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

I tried to find a way to add a spoiler to the BMW and i'm pretty close :D
i changed the 3547for the BMW to 2B38 that's from the R8 and managed to add spoilers but theres a problem: the audi is smaller in height and when i put the spoiler to the bmw it get's through the trunk. I now have to find a car that has the same height in the trunk.
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

dice66 wrote:I tried to find a way to add a spoiler to the BMW and i'm pretty close :D
i changed the 3547for the BMW to 2B38 that's from the R8 and managed to add spoilers but theres a problem: the audi is smaller in height and when i put the spoiler to the bmw it get's through the trunk. I now have to find a car that has the same height in the trunk.
Yeah, sounds like you are on the right track :)
It was possible to add coplights and stuff to other cars in MW this way.

greets
cparty
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

@cparty:
Could you write a tutorial how to edit the customization2 section with Tsearch, please ;)
Then i can add it to the first post in my NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks] thread.
Last edited by Ceano on 03 Dec 2006, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

dice66 wrote:I tried to find a way to add a spoiler to the BMW and i'm pretty close :D
Hmm, try Nissan Skyline GTR? In my opinion, it should be almost same height as BMW M3 GTR. I can't check it now, because I'm on Thailand and I don't have my computer here. :P
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

Ceano wrote:Could you write a tutorial how to edit the customization2 section with Tsearch, please ;)
Then i can add it to the first post in my NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks] thread.
Yes, I'll try to write something. I'm a bit short of time though.

Greets
cparty
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

cparty wrote:
Ceano wrote:Could you write a tutorial how to edit the customization2 section with Tsearch, please ;)
Yes, I'll try to write something. I'm a bit short of time though.

Greets
cparty
Sounds great, just do it when you find some spare time.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

I have hex-edited my savegame with the non-undercover cop cars into my garage.
Is it possible to remove the texture part of the code? I want to change the colour of the corvette police and add vinyls. By the way. Thanks for helping me learn how to change the colour of the shelby stripe.
Last edited by drftkng on 10 Dec 2006, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Err, I'm confused. So if I want to exchange BMW's texture-vinyls color from blue to red (for example), should I replace 55 7D with what? I replaced it with 12 34 and also tried with FF FF but I got wrong result.

So what I really want to do now, is that there is an option, where I can choose BMW's original vinyl again and edit it. Got it? So then please tell me what is that code to remove it and edit again.

EDIT: Like this:
cparty wrote:You have to remove the 'texture'-vinyl first, after that, re-apply it as normal vinyl (the stock one) and you can set the color just like normal. Check this thread http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13089 on how to mess with customization slots and 'texture'-vinyls. The bytes you are looking for are 537D.

greets
cparty
And no, 33 93 isn't the answer, it removed the whole texture.

Return to “Editing”