NFS:PS Grip and Speed cars

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Brutu5
Stock
Stock

NFS:PS Grip and Speed cars

Post by Brutu5 »

I'm having abit of trouble with my grip and speed cars. Right now im abit low on cas in the game so i need to make some good buying desisions. I have a ford gt maxed out in performance upgrades,bodykits,etc.

Whenever i put it on grip mode it just slides all over the place and has no power on low revs. To fix the low rev power, i advance the timing, then it doesnt have a good to speed to perform on the ring track.

Speed mode is another problem, i cant get it to be stable enough. Power is great but any slight bump or hill sends it flying. I need to improve the downforce or i just screwed up the suspension settings. Also, it turns too much. I tried to stiffen the steering but i think it made it worse(maybe i need to loosen it)
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Re: NFS:PS Grip and Speed cars

Post by Janx14 »

got the same problem in speed challenge, also with gt. for grip i use porsche 911 gt2, its great.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

not trying to be jerk.... but maybe the actual car is just crap? :lol:
im using the elise for grip(excellent handling) and 1K bhp R34 for the oval track
and LP640 for speed... its crazy fast but very stable
xaccidx
Stock
Stock

Post by xaccidx »

The four wheel drive cars are to difficult to drive in grip mode, i tuned the mitsubishi evo to stage 3 and when i am entering a corner the car just goes straight when i turn. I tried to tune the suspension, brakes, and rollbar but it dosent improve the handling, its a littlebit boring. And another strange thing is that you can tune the bmw m3 e46 to 700 hp but the new one can only get about 600 in grip mode.
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

the evo X or evo IX? I find the evo X to have great handling and grip if you put on at least lvl 3 handling upgrades. I'm using it right now and all you have to do is coast if it's not sharp enough to have to brake, but too much to just drive through. If it's charper just use the brakes a bit after the red. don't just keep the petal down and drive through turns. No car can do that.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I have a 960hp R34 and it is SWEET in Speed. Nice and stable, and insane acceleration to boot. Now if I could just get those grip and drift cars so I can beat Ryo once and for all!
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

i think u guys miss the point of grip racing and speed challenge

grip = turns and accelleration
best advise have two cars for each mode, i kept the 240sx from the start and it works perfectly wen tuned up to stage 3, the main thing is the gear ratio tuning, make them all as short as possible.

As for AWD cars turning is not their strong point they are better on track with less tight corners
brake pads should bias to the front, so wen the front stops the rear wheel is still pushing so the force pushes the car into the turn.

best speed challenge car is the r34
if ur lucky to have unlocked a level 4 engine package for it that should be perfect, wen u tweak the gear ratio ucan get more than 1000bhp out of it
speed challenge rims are the 'concept olsens' they reduce power slide and increase grip.

leave suspension alone in grip and speed challenge because the road varies in bumps ans stuff like that, just lower the car that should be enough
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

ok... well the 240sx from the start is great for turns but later in the game it will be underpowered compared to the other cars, and for the rims in speed, none of the rims have any effect on performance. They are just for show. I disagree with the suspension thing where you will need to tune your car to each track and you will have much different performance. For the AWDs you can tune it so it handles better on turns or for any drivetrain for that matter. Suspension can greatly affect the car overall so much. You can't afford to not tune it unless you are like a race-god or something
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Even race Gods would want to tune it.. if anything, in order to dominate better..
Also.. there is a mention of putting the brake bias to the front so the rear wheels keep pushing?!?!.. what on earth is that about? The only way they'd keep pushing is if you actually keep on the throttle while braking, in which case the front wheels would lock up and your rears would powerslide and fishtail all over the place, which is stupid for more reasons than I care list up.. The best brake bias is something like 60-40 for most cars, 60 being front, if I'm right.. someone with better knowledge should take the opportunity to correct me, if I'm not.. but the best brake bias is individual and changes for each and every car depending on how balanced they are. Best thing to do is leave the bias alone and release the throttle, when braking.. if possible, braking gradually, so as not to lock the wheels.. locking the wheels means your steering is neutralised and the car simply keeps going in the last direction.
The only situation in which a brake bias of 100% front would be desirable is in drift, where you want to throw the weight on the forewheels so the rears can spin our and slide you around the corners..
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

lol i just told wat help me win my races

up to u if u try it or not
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi ruff!

Try to do this with the r34:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpOnbmFfRW0

Porsches are the best Speed Cars by far, at least, before Booster Pack.

In Grip, Zonda is on a League if its own. Among the 4WD, the battle is between EVO X and 911 Turbo, I think. Still testing.

Cya!

Rogério
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

lol nice racing skills
i think the porche is like the audi s4
but more power

402km mmost of the race wat level tuning was that

sorry if my first post was a bit wracked, i only race with the skyline and evo x

ill give the porche a go

ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

can u help me with the showroom every time i click on upload car it says you need to be registered for that feature wen am loggged in already

thnks
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

ruffkid101 wrote:402km mmost of the race wat level tuning was that

Hi!

Thanks for your kind words! :)

It's in the notes next to the Video! :P It was a Stage 4 911 Turbo with a highly customized Setup. Remember that I am using a Wheel, which in Speed Challenge is a big advantage.

Cya!

Rogério
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I can still find it challenging, even with my G25 ^^... but then again.. not using your Porshe yet :P.. (if I ever will)
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo!

Sorry, yesterday couldnt go to NFSPS...

Have you added me? VGSpeedPro?

Cya!

Rogério

Return to “ProStreet”