Dakar Rally!!!

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

There will be no '08 Dakar Rally, are you happy or sad?

Happy
8%
Sad
42%
Don't care
25%
What's Dakar Rally? LOL!!!
25%

Total votes: 12

Thunderous
Ricer
Ricer

Dakar Rally!!!

Post by Thunderous »

Apparently due to some problems there will be no Dakar Rally this year, I was so looking toward it, are you happy or sad about this?
Happy Days. SLR McLaren for Life!!!!!
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Dakar Rally!!!

Post by powerof1000 »

I'm noy really into it, but I can understand why some people are sad :(
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

But why couldn't they just modify the track?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

I hate it when things are cancelled or delayed for next to no reason...

Sure, there are a couple of deaths during Dakar, but like taz said, why can't they just modify the track to minimize them?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

powerof1000 wrote:I'm noy really into it, but I can understand why some people are sad :(
Dude, for most riders, Dakar starts in March 2007! Months of preparation, training, test kilometers.. It's a disaster for those guys, they live for this rally...

It sucks it got cancelled, I was really looking forward to this.. :(.
I really think a Dutchman would have won the rally with the trucks.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Actually I don't really watch it, but I was planning on it this year... I picked the wrong time to try and watch it...
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Yeah,and if they think at the drivers,they have to change the route.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

The reason why there's no Dakar Rally this year is due to various threatens coming from terrorist organizations. I voted Happy because I prefer the safety of the pilots and teams rather than a possible terrorist incident and a tragedy.

Btw, they're planning to do the Rally here in South America, and imho, that's pretty cool bc they are giving a chance to countries who hardly have the chance to host something important. And we have super awesome tracks like the Atacama Desert (it's the MOST desertic place on Earth BEFORE the Sahara, and it's proved by cientifics that is true)

Xturbo.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

xturbo wrote:The reason why there's no Dakar Rally this year is due to various threatens coming from terrorist organizations. I voted Happy because I prefer the safety of the pilots and teams rather than a possible terrorist incident and a tragedy.

Btw, they're planning to do the Rally here in South America, and imho, that's pretty cool bc they are giving a chance to countries who hardly have the chance to host something important. And we have super awesome tracks like the Atacama Desert (it's the MOST desertic place on Earth BEFORE the Sahara, and it's proved by cientifics that is true)

Xturbo.
OMG, please no Dakar in South America.. How on earth can the Dakar rally not finish in Dakar? It isn't named Dakar for no reason, Dakar should be in Africa and finish in Senegal.
And it's not important that Atacama Desert is more desertic than the Sahara :s.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Tyrant wrote:
xturbo wrote:The reason why there's no Dakar Rally this year is due to various threatens coming from terrorist organizations. I voted Happy because I prefer the safety of the pilots and teams rather than a possible terrorist incident and a tragedy.

Xturbo.
OMG, please no Dakar in South America.. How on earth can the Dakar rally not finish in Dakar? It isn't named Dakar for no reason, Dakar should be in Africa and finish in Senegal.
Dakar it's a god damn competition dude, and they MIGHT (means MAYBE) consider doing it down here rather than close to those damn terrorists. Anyways...what's the point of doing the same thing over and over a place?Not it could be a variation!! The dakar rally isn't going to be anymore the Dakar bc they do it in other place or places. Doesn't matter anyways..
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

xturbo wrote:
Tyrant wrote:

Xturbo.
They MIGHT (means MAYBE) consider doing it down here rather than close to those damn terrorists, it's NOT confirmed if this is going to happen. Anyways...what's the point of doing the same thing over and over a place? It could be a variation this time!! The dakar rally isn't going to be anymore the Dakar bc they do it in other place or places. Doesn't matter anyways..

And come on! Don't tell me that the Sahara is the most desertic place on earth? You got to be kidding me....seems u need a lil bit of geographic classes lol

Xturbo.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

xturbo wrote:(it's the MOST desertic place on Earth BEFORE the Sahara, and it's proved by cientifics that is true)
/me rofls
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Thats why we have the other rallies taking place in south america and new zealand :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Return to “General Discussion”