NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

The news visible on the main page
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: NFS Franchise getting 4 new titles in 2009 !!

Post by Andre_online »

Need for Speed: World Online is the 'Play 4 Free' wild-card, and will be co-developed by series regular Black Box and EA's online studio in Singapore. Released to Asia first, this online PC game will let players pick and customise their choice of licensed vehicles and take on the rest of the world - well, Asia, before heading West after a thumbs-up there.
What on earth? As far as I know, Singapore has never produced a good game. Oh God. I really hope EA thought it over.. This had better be good.

I still haven't gotten my hopes up for EA, if you're wondering. In fact, I'm having doubts about this.
baumaxx1 wrote:And Asia... does that include Australasia?
It might be a possibility, despite being a continent of its own. Australia is within the Asian ocean something something, if I'm not mistaken. Pray for it to happen. :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

LOLOLOLOLOL...shift?! That name should have been copyrighted by us ey korge? :lol: I mean..we were working on it too.. xD
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Mere coincidendce? I don't think so, EA. Haha!!!! ;)
gtx_tuner
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gtx_tuner »

NOW thats what i'm talking about ;) ..... NFS shift looks nice and nfs warold :D .... i hone they dont make the autosulpt instead to make lots of body kits and bumpers and loots of vinyls :D
and maybe and option to import our custom made vinyl in the game :D that would really ROCK :D
g u c c i
Ricer
Ricer

Post by g u c c i »

Shift looks promising. But I hope they won't make use the same gameplay of Pro Street.
The idea of NFS for an online game (can I say MMORPG?) is a bit off for me. I don't know, but it feels weird. #-o

Can't wait for more about NFS: Shift. :)
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

This is..

A NIGHTMARE.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
g u c c i
Ricer
Ricer

Post by g u c c i »

I miss the Lean Back days... :(
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Again, the typical after-underground-2-reaction-or-comments-about-new-nfs. Just 1 screenshot and all the 50+ negative comments came in like an avalanche. I'll be saving my comments till more screenshots/videos.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

It sounds promising but...

So many games in one year? Oh no...

Shift looks nice but... so did Undercover and look what happened. Plus I don't want a ProStreet-ish game. Don't know about Nitro.

I will be awaiting World Online however, it sounds like a non-Muscle version of Motor City Online.

The untitled project doesn't sound so good either.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I must be the only person really looking forward to Shift. If they’re aiming for simulation, and the car/environment details already look like that… It’ll definitely end up as a MUCH better game then Grid. Looks amazing. :)
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Rizur wrote:All I need is japanese cars and great visual customization.
And Shift doesnt sound like so... and because im PC gamer NFS World sounds the best.

And why are you all saying that it would be a crap? lol, either im too optimistic or you guys are too pessimistic :roll:
Agree totally :twisted:
This could work out very well I think, I hope EA has a good team behind it tho :)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

ahmad0410 wrote:Again, the typical after-underground-2-reaction-or-comments-about-new-nfs. Just 1 screenshot and all the 50+ negative comments came in like an avalanche. I'll be saving my comments till more screenshots/videos.
Same. In fact, I'll save mine until I play those game, which is unlikely as I don't have the consoles required.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

baumaxx1 wrote:World is free, doesn't sound like it'll be cutting edge... I'm expecting an underground 2/carbon sort of arrangement... but I think it could still be good... I've seen good free games, but I'm expecting it to be filled with ads. Not really concerned with that though.
Yeah, I'm guessing it will be like Battlefield Heroes. Free game but with in-game ads and any extra content will cost you, so even though they're saying it will have the most cars and customization options, I'm willing to bet that only a handful of those will be free with all the actual good stuff costing money.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

kimd41 wrote:
Rizur wrote:All I need is japanese cars and great visual customization.
And Shift doesnt sound like so... and because im PC gamer NFS World sounds the best.

And why are you all saying that it would be a crap? lol, either im too optimistic or you guys are too pessimistic :roll:
We tell us every year "next NFS won't suck" but it sucks more and more. #-o
Which is based on opinion, really.

STILL not sure about this 4-game thing... *looks at the Sonic franchise* >.>
pakitos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pakitos »

They better stop the fkn tuning and get back to what NFS series was.

Just small 1,2,3 upgrades.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

If you look at previous years, there have always been several NFS titles released (either of the same name or under different names):

Undercover:
Undercover for main platforms (pc, ps3, xbox360)
Undercover for PS2 and Wii
Undercover for PSP
Undercover for DS, mobile, iphone
They might all be named the same, but they are all made by different studios and can be quite different.
It's the same with ProStreet, Most Wanted,..Anybody remember Underground Rivals? Or Most Wanted 5-1-0?

The MMO game announced isn't really much of a surprise: anybody remembers this: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/view/16680 ?

The fourth game is of course NFS11. Production on that probably started around Undercover's release. Once again, nothing new as we know they have a 2 year development cycle.

And one more thing: I've seen plenty of posts how NFS should be like GRID: now I see plenty of negative comments about NFS taking that way?
They even changed the development studio to a studio that made one of the most hardcore racing games and that is bad too?

Looks to me like there is a lot of people here who prefer ricing over racing in Need for Speed. But hey, we all remember those countless posts where people argued that a properly tuned Civic can be faster around the track than a high end supercar. Fortunately we don't believe that nonsense anymore.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote: And one more thing: I've seen plenty of posts how NFS should be like GRID: now I see plenty of negative comments about NFS taking that way?
I'm glad I don't fit there. GRID was an excellent game, if a NFS is that good, I'll be happy. It might not "look" like a NFS anymore, but at least with put the series back on top, and that's what I want.

Tbh I'm a bit sick of the tuning scene. I like to tune my rides, it's true, but with the amount of parts that EA gives us, it's impossible to create the car how I want... each year they reduce the possibilities...

Now that we can use the vinyls how we want, and make unique works, we have a limit of layers... what is that shiznit? I was preparing a Nissan Silvia that was looking awesome, until I hit the layers limit. I still had lots of vinyls to apply, but I couldn't, so the car sucks, because I can't create what I want. The same goes for parts, spoilers, that stuff.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Funniest thing in the interview is the part where EA says that the fans want a anual release of NFS games.... who did they ask? cause I hear/read very different things :roll:

I think Pro Street was a test base for a attempt by EA to build a SIM and see if people like/buy it.

IMO PS wasn't a bad game (at least for the 360 it wasn't) I personally liked it.
But I doubt EA can really build a sim, cause you can't build them in 1 or 2 years and expect a realistic racing game with a decent carlist etc, and cars that really feel/drive different etc.
Other thing that worried me about the shift project is the NFS feel in a simulator and the "EA twist* " they are talking about, something tells me that doesn't work, but he who am I?

It's not weird that there are so many negative sounds about NFS recently, I mean Undercover must be the worst NFS game since they started the franchise.
I thought that Carbon was pretty bad, but for me Undercover was so bloody boring that I didn't even bother finishing it, I don't care about the storyline or anything, I didn't mind them in Most Wanted and Carbon, they did give the game a story, be it pretty lame, but at least it had a beginning and a ending that sort of made sense.
For UC they managed to get put a lot of money in making the movies (doubt they spend a penny on writing the story)
and still it did not make me feel part of the game.
The racing itself was to easy and the free roam was a joke... driving around in city without anyone living there was more life in Will Smiths I am Legend.
I quit playing the game after I got my second car, and asked myself what am I doing? cause the only thing I liked was the highway battles, done 2 of them the rest was way to easy and not a challenge so quit the game to play it a other day, but never bothered to get the disc out of the box again.

Look I would love for EA to make a great multi platform SIM, but IMO they should take some time building it and getting everything right, and release a game with a minimal amount of bugs.
I don't care if it takes 3 years, better do it right, or don't do it at all.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

For the Fourth NFS title (Which is NFS 11, as Bojan said) would you rather it to be..... NFS Underground 3, NFS Most Wanted 2, or NFS Hot Pursuit 3 ?
Im just wondering because everyone has mixed thoughts about this
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

We got MW 2... it's just a meh game...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I agree. Not Carbon-bad (or bad at all IMO), but could be better. Imagine if it was as good as UG1.
pakitos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by pakitos »

Bojan wrote: Looks to me like there is a lot of people here who prefer ricing over racing in Need for Speed. But hey, we all remember those countless posts where people argued that a properly tuned Civic can be faster around the track than a high end supercar. Fortunately we don't believe that nonsense anymore.
Amen to that.

I do not find funny tuning a fkn Porsche or a Lambo, thats fkn stupid, yet we have to modify the performance a lot in order to keep up with the game. FKN shiznit.

UNDERGROUND DAYS ARE OVER, bring back the old NFS soul, remember is "NEED FOR SPEED" not "Need for Pimp".

They fkn ruin it with Underground 2... if they kep with just one underground, there was not gonna be people whining about not getting an underground 3.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

@pakitos: You realise the Porsches and Lambos and Astons that compete in Le Mans are tuned? The tuning in NFS allows for many different styles... and you don't even need to med it visually.
12th Cylinder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 12th Cylinder »

What!!!!! No titles for the PS2?!?!?!?!?!?! That's the only console I own! How could you EA! Screw you!

Oh well... NFSS looks like ProStreet 2. I hope it is not the same thing...

NFSN... Looks like Crashday (from Atari), might be a crash game like Test Drive : Eve of Destruction.

NFSW... WOOT!! A NFS FOR PLAYING ONLINE!! THX EA!!

As for the secret one... I hope it is Most Wanted 2!
That's it. I've grown tired of being ignored. I am officially leaving NFSUnlimited.net.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Undercover is Most Wanted 2...

Return to “News”