Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Coming

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Coming

Post by Bojan »

It is official now: a demo of Need for Speed SHIFT will get released!
It will feature two tracks, the Spa and the London River and 5 cars (Dodge Viper, Lotus Elise, BMW M3 and Nissan GTR unlocked initially and the Pagani Zonda after winning all the races and getting all the stars). You can expect it on all three systems - PC, PS3 and Xbox360.
Expected release date is late September / early October.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Demo Coming

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I guess I'll be looking forward to the demo because money problems will prevent me from buying the game until about a month after the U.S release.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

thats cool but ill probably just buy the game on release. it seems to be getting good reviews
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

Yes! Demo! =D>
mostwantedforlife
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedforlife »

well thats good but....whats the point in waiting for the demo when the game comes out next week here in the US....i wont buy it at first ill dload a torrent at first to give it a try b4 i go out and buy it to play online
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

lol... a bit too late.... i bought my pre order..... dang...
anhology
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anhology »

now it's too late for the demo because it's going to be later then the game is going to be released
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Thanks ... But i've made my decision ... I'm buying this game for sure !!!! :twisted: =P~ 8) :D :wink:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Lack of patience is no excuse for breaking the law. If your sole excuse is that you want to try it before you buy it, but it will be quicker to download it rather than to wait for the demo, it is a poor excuse indeed - sorry Hydro, just the way I feel.
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

I'll buy the game anyway, in the previous NFS demo for me is a try on the game before the full release, but now for Shift demo is for collection. lol
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

The Demo is unneeded now because the Super Promotion in NFS SH!FT ran very succesful & I like what I saw! 8)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ Summ : IDC !!!! :P :P :lol: :lol:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Summ wrote:Lack of patience is no excuse for breaking the law. If your sole excuse is that you want to try it before you buy it, but it will be quicker to download it rather than to wait for the demo, it is a poor excuse indeed - sorry Hydro, just the way I feel.
You're probably reading my thoughts. But I didn't even post here... :P

Well at least we're getting a demo. =D> A bit too late IMO, so I don't know exactly what I'll do. I could pre-order the game right now with a few clicks, but I'm still not 100% sure that this game is worth the money (probably is). Even though all the reviews were pretty good so far... I'm not totally convinced. :D

Anyway I'll wait for more reviews to be "sure" the game is good. I'll probably buy it without trying it. After all I can always exchange it for another game if I don't like it, so there's no big deal.

See Summ? I ain't the pirate you think I am. :mrgreen:
IliaRene
Ricer
Ricer

Post by IliaRene »

Well that's kinda late because I just got a copy of the full game...with a lot of effort.
Ill see if it's the final version when I'll get home :)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

@Hydro - your score with the law is your own business =). I think there are a lot of good reasons to download a game instead of buying it, but those reasons are founded in principles. Principles such as the gaming industry using the wrong marketing approach to keep going - if games cost like.. 5-10 euro each, they would be much more affordable. A lot more people would buy them rather than risk a huge fine and/or sitting behind bars for downloading them. With the diffusion of the internet and online services such as Steam, there is virtually no need for hard copies (CD's/DVD's). Without CD's and DVD's there would be no need for stores, no need for printing contracts, no need for world-wide shipping contracts. Sure, it would cost jobs, but if availability went up, more people would buy and the whole sector would grow and be enriched. Instead they keep going for the hardcopy variant, which costs them a ton to produce and gives them limited revenue - it's their own fault for not recognizing the future is low-cost games hosted online. The cost of maintaining servers operational and purchasing the necessary connections for thousands of people to download simultaneously is minimal compared to the cost of doing everything via hard copies. If servers are too much to ask for, heck.. just diffuse the game via bittorrent.. use an excellent, already existing technology for legal purposes for a change. Plenty of ways to make the wheels turn.

I can understand and accept that kind of motivation - idealistically founded. But mundane lack of patience is not one such motivation =). I would rather kids these days understood that every time they download something, they are breaking the law.. and that if they get caught, it WILL have some SERIOUS implications, so that if they choose to do it, they do it with philosophical reasons and not out of ignorance and laxity. Nothing comes for free in this world.
ultrataco_nw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ultrataco_nw »

I actually prefer a hard copy. I like having the disk and the box. (I'm the same way with music.) What happens if your hard drive crashes or you want to install it on a different computer? Are downloadable games just an image that can be burned? I've never used a game download (besides demos). It seems like a hard copy gives you more freedom. I could be wrong.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

If you purchase a game on steam, you basically unlock the possibility to download that game from your account. You can download steam free of charge on any computer you want, log in with your account and start downloading the games you have purchased. The only limitation is that you cannot be connected to steam with the same account on two different computers simultaneously.

I can understand the wish for a hard copy, and it makes sense - but do you need to buy it as a hard copy? ;) You can just as easily unlock, download and then burn yourself, thereby getting the hard copy you want without the expenses of them printing and shipping it physically. Granted, you need a dvd-writer for that, but nowadays most computers come with one, and if not, they are rather cheap and quite easy to buy and install =).
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

But maybe he prefers a hard copy because of the original disc, box, manuals and so on? I honestly prefer a hard copy than a digital copy. And since my Internet connection isn't really fast, downloading games would take too much time. I prefer to buy them online and have them delivered to my home at excellent prices. If you buy the games out there, it comes much cheaper. At least for me, I don't know where you live, but all my games come from GAME UK.

Btw, I didn't get why you posted that to me. Again I don't know where you live, but aren't you taking piracy a little too serious? Yes it's a crime, but most countries don't really care about it, do they?

"A lot more people would buy them rather than risk a huge fine and/or sitting behind bars for downloading them."

Very few people sit behind bars for downloading games, movies or music. And few pay fines for that... unless you are a known cracker/uploader, no one calls the police to get you. It simply doesn't happen. I'm 18 years old, and I have a computer since 2001. How many things do you think I've downloaded? Not much, maybe... but still, no one ever tried to do something. And I have friends who download everything they can, and no one messes with them.

If it's right or not, IMO it's not right to do so, but in some cases, downloading games is the only way to show the producer that they're doing bad things. Take the example of Modern Warfare 2... you know what are they going to do? Increase the prices of their games even more. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of money you have to pay for a game, and most times, it isn't worth all that money. For example, Undercover. The game costed 50€ when it came out. Was it worth 50€? Hell no, the game sucks.

Anyway, I won't get into this. If you download illegally or not, it's not my concern. You should do the same thing... I honestly didn't like that big post directed to me, as if I were a pirate lol. Specially after I've said this: "Anyway I'll wait for more reviews to be "sure" the game is good. I'll probably buy it without trying it. After all I can always exchange it for another game if I don't like it, so there's no big deal."
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^I'm sorry if the post offended you in any way. Please explain what part of it offended you, as the only direct reference to you was in the first sentence and the rest of the post was general talk and I am left a little baffled as to why you would feel wronged.

In your last post, the bit where you talk about downloading to tell the producers they are doing something wrong - that's what I'm talking about. It's doing something you are not supposed to do for a valid reason - to send a message across. And I agree wholeheartedly that games are too expensive today, which is why I posted a possible solution that imo the gaming industry should be considering more closely. Most of my post discussed that option.

As to where I live, the country is Denmark. We have a rather tight Anti-piracy group, which makes random hits on lan-parties and whatnot. Chances of being spotted here aren't that big, if you only download and hardly upload. They aren't after the small fish as mush as they are after the distributors, but if they catch scent of someone having committed the same infraction a good deal of times, they will start to consider you a big fish, even if you don't distribute.. because, technically, you have cheated the system/stolen from the sector for a seizable amount of money and thereby caused damage to it. For this, they make you pay back in full. The fines come with interests and if you are one of the distributors - if you take a camera into the movies and record a movie for instance, you can sit behind bars for 8 years. If you rape a woman, you only do 5 years. That should give you an idea of where I come from, piracy-wise.

That's not the point, though. The point is that it is morally wrong. By accepting widespread illegal downloading, we accept the concept that people take what they want. Adults will know when to cross the line and when not to, which is fair enough, but children don't work that way. A child's mind requires strict boundaries and no exceptions. Exceptions lead to decay of the rule's importance in the child's mind. If the rule can be bent in this situation, why couldn't it be bent in other situations? Why couldn't all rules be bent? Suddenly, what's the point of having rules at all? You see where I'm going with this.

Anyway, my post was meant as a philosophical discussion on the argument, not as critique of you, Hydro. None of it was meant as a personal attack.
ultrataco_nw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ultrataco_nw »

Hydro_PT wrote:But maybe he prefers a hard copy because of the original disc, box, manuals and so on?
yep. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned.
I honestly prefer a hard copy than a digital copy. And since my Internet connection isn't really fast, downloading games would take too much time. I prefer to buy them online and have them delivered to my home at excellent prices. If you buy the games out there, it comes much cheaper. At least for me, I don't know where you live, but all my games come from GAME UK.
I have a fast internet connection, so that's not a problem for me. Anyway, I'll probably just buy it in a store like I usually do. It doesn't seem to be any cheaper at Amazon, plus shipping costs and then you have to wait for it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I'm also old fasioned, I prefer my games with a manual and so on.

Man I'm a sucker for special editions with in metal cases and such....
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I wasn't offended, just a bit eh... "pissed off", because your post seemed directed at me only. Specially after I've said that I will probably buy this game without trying it, which honestly is a big bet for me. I can't afford more than 1/2 games per month (if they're cheap), so you see that I cannot buy something unless it's worth the money. I'm currently studying for my driver license and about to start another year at University, so things aren't easy and I must spend the money I have for games carefully.

It seemed a critic for me, as we already talked about this in other topics and I said I would download the game if there wasn't any demo. But don't worry, I understand now that it wasn't, so it's all good, no problems. I actually enjoy arguing with you hehe, at least you don't disrespect someone just because they have different opinions, and you make valid points, so these "conversations" are actually pretty rich. Too bad we totally go off-topic sometimes. :mrgreen:

I absolutely agree with your 3rd paragraph. It's morally wrong and well, it's legally wrong, but sometimes the only way to show something. I don't like to download games or other software (I use free software almost all the times for that reason). If I download a game, it's just for trying, because if I like it, I'll try my best to buy it. Sooner or later, I will buy the game, so morally, I'm not doing anything wrong (in my opinion). Legally I am, that's true, because I'm enjoying (or not xD) something that I didn't pay for. It is unthinkable for me to go to a store and steal whatever, even a glass of water. Piracy is the same thing, but people feel a lot safer. Even in countries that take this matter more seriously (like Denmark, for what I see), people still feel safer to download things illegally.

To finish this off, and to get back on topic (maybe :P), I'll wait for some more reviews to take a decision. However, and as I said, I'll probably buy this game without trying it. I didn't buy a game yet this month, so that money is still there ready to be used. SHIFT seems a great choice atm, as I don't see any other worth game coming.
td0g21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by td0g21 »

yaaay demo. lookin forward to it. hope my computer ca handle it tho cuz its kinda falling apart atm (cpu gets hot hot) (custom built)
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

A demo yay [/sarcasm]. But why 2-3 weeks after the game is released? :? Doesnt a demo come before the release of the full game? It makes no sense
Driv2Slow
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

thats bs, demo is for before a game comes out
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “News”