100 Million Need for Speed Games Sold

The news visible on the main page
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: 100 Million Need for Speed Games Sold

Post by Hydro_PT »

And much more could have been sold if the last games were any good. :P

Anyway, great mark! 100 million games sold is quite an achievement for a series that suffered some bad "ups and downs" in the last couple of years. At least now, things seem to be "on track", so there's hope EA will continue to make good NFS games. Next mark: 200 million! :D
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

man if they counted the burned copies and the downloads ppl make >.> of this game they should be way way over.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Any publisher can sell 100 million copies. Just keep making games every year til it happens. Shame it took over 15 games to accomplish it.

Look at the Sims franchise vs games like Starcraft.
korge
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Good News & Video - Thank You EA => Respect 2 Everyone - Credits 2 Bojan, too! 8)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

I agree with "arabnight", Need For Speed is one of the greatest, if not the greatest IMO !! Great News !! 8) :D
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

korge wrote:Any publisher can sell 100 million copies. Just keep making games every year til it happens. Shame it took over 15 games to accomplish it.

Look at the Sims franchise vs games like Starcraft.
i hear u on that im actually surprise it took so long 16 years to get that much over 4 systems. i figured it had that awhile ago.
im guessing the last few 5 years is what been holding them down the most or they would of been gotten this goal.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

arabnight wrote:i hear u on that im actually surprise it took so long 16 years to get that much over 4 systems. i figured it had that awhile ago.
im guessing the last few 5 years is what been holding them down the most or they would of been gotten this goal.
4 systems??

Launched 15 blockbuster titles across more than 14 platforms according to NFS blog
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

well only really 4 big ones well 5 , pc, xbox360, ps3, psp, and ds. at least now of days.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

exactly... today.
But as said NFS has been here for 16 years, and it did sell on consoles like the PSone and the 3DO and so on.
Sure the numbers aren't that great compared to the amount sold on the 360 and PS3 or PS2 for that matter, but still they do all count.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Not to mention there are only 3 series with more sales. Even with 15 years it's still a huge achievement.
skyline95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline95 »

Haha, yeah, 100 millions... 100 millions that were downloaded and burned and etc... :D
Keep Your Eyes Open, And Your Foot Down!
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Congrats on the achievement, I've been a fan of need for speed ever since need for speed 2 (unfortuantly never managed to get a hold of the very first one and now its no longer compatable with modern computers)

on a rather different note, when theyre listing all the boxart did anyone notice that road challange/high stakes has a murcielago on it. If memory serves me well, the American version had the Ferrari 550 and 911 Turbo, Australia had the Ford Falcon and Holden HSV, and the European verson was different entirly.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Murciélago was on the cover of NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Hot Pursuit 1 had also a yellow Lamborghini, but that was a Diablo SV
There where also versions of HP2 with a Ferrari 360 Modena on it, don't know which version that was.

AS for High Stakes:
The US version had a Ferrari 550 Maranello and 911 Turbo (993) on the cover
The EU version had a Mercedes SLK230 on the cover and was called High stakes.
And of course the Australian version with the Falcon XR8 and the Holden HSV (which are also only in the AU version) in exactly the same way as the 550 and 911, but instead they are facing toward the camera, where the 911 and 550 are not .

Then there was the Japanese version of High stakes and it had a Nissan Skyline GTR (R34) on it, wich no other version had in the game either)

High Stakes US version:
High Stakes AUS version:
Road Challenge (EU version) and the Japanese version (picture from part of my collection)
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/download/ ... p?id=15095
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

wow really nice stuff i dont have the first nfs game. i wish i could find it somewhere. lol
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

If you're serious, you can find any of the NFS games easily on eBay.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Nise collection stig, never knew an AU version for Hot Pursuit existed (Im aware of the rest tho). I think you misunderstud my post (if not my mistake, im sorry). Ive put a screen shot of the video clip that shows all the boxart and highlighted the high stakes one (ive just never seen a Murciélago and a Porsche together in high stakes and was curous which version it was).
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5203/88516284.jpg
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i have never seen that before thats odd tho i like how lambo's have been in almost all the nfs games before they started with tuners.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

GT3x24x7 wrote:If you're serious, you can find any of the NFS games easily on eBay.
hey thanks for the heads up and found a few now im all excited lol. thank you again.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Never seen that version eighter, but that is most likely because it was never released that way when NFS HS came out.
The Murciélago was not even build when HS came out, the Murciélago was build from 2001 onwards and since NFS HS was released in 1999, so there could not be a Murciélago on the cover when HS was released, so where this picture comes from?
I can't remember there being a re-release with added cars or anything (as far as I know no NFS games where ever re-released)

BTW: the picture of my collection is just a small collection, those are only the games that are still in the classic old style box.
All games with the DVD case are on some other picture up to NFS MW.

For those who are interested I think I still have 2 (at least 1) original copy of TNFS complete in box left over, even got a copy for the 3DO, and I am thinking of shrinking the collection to pure the systems I use/own and let go of the PSOne, 3DO copies.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

yah stig i was gona get the version that worked with xp, the 1996 released Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed SE but i got every game afterwards on pc except shift i still didnt get yet.but i dont have the cases for any except for most wanted and another i got lost all the older ones.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I do have 1 version of NFS SE extra, the box is still in very good condition, it is from the CD-ROM Classic collection, but don't run off now, it looks exactly like a normal SE version it only has a small gold bar with "CD-ROM Classic Collection"written on it, it has everything that comes with it so the little booklet and other folders are included.

As said I am going to let go of a large part of my NFS Collection because it is just collecting dust in some corner since I don't own a PSOne and/or a 3DO

What I have that I would like to let go:

PC:
- TNFS SE
- 2x NFS III Hot Pursuit (both are in box and never opened so everything included, seal is still on it, (1 seal is broken because the glue dried out :) )

PS ONE:
- TNFS
- NFS 2
- NFS High Stakes (sealed in CD case)
- NFS Porsche Unleased (sealed in CD case)
- NFS V-Rally (sealed in CD case)
- NFS V-Rally 2

3DO:
- TNFS

And that is as far as I know it all...

Will stop the complete hyjack now, and will if there are more people interested create a new topic.
I don't want to make money on it, I just want the games to go to a nice home 8)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

sig ill take that pc tnfs se from u if u like it would be happy with my other nfs games.

Return to “News”