Down voting in competitions.............

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
asp3132
Stock
Stock

Down voting in competitions.............

Post by asp3132 »

I think that all people who down vote should have there votes removed in competitions. It's not fair to the guys who really worked hard to make a nice ride to have its chances in the comp. killed by someone down voting it a 1(or so) when the car has no other votes less than a 7 or 8. It completly ruins the car and builders chance to even place well in the comp. Thank youall for listening. And thanks for a killer web site guys!
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

asp, you just sad what i wana say... downvoting realy su*s=(((
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

lower then a 7... well think lower then a 7 must be acceptable, I got a few sixses and I don't suffer under it....

Personally I don't vote lower then a 6 (exept when it is really Horrid) but normally when you get a 6 from me .... it sure is not my taste...

but constant 1 (or other low votes) voters should be dealt with... but that is normal...

I don't think you should expel anyone because they voted a 3 once orso

Post by Guest »

Yeah I got decent votes except for a single 1 at the bottom of the list. It ruins a lot. The way I see it, no car on this site deserves to be voted a 1. No car can suck that much in this game :!:
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

i get 1!!! and am realy angry....=(
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

What's the point of having votes, then? :roll:
Let us take it that we removed every vote below 7. I'm sure you'll start complaining about all the low 7-votes then, and we'd have to remove 7. Then you'll start complaining about how low 8 is and so on..

Do you see where I'm going?? In the end, you'd only be able to give 10s. Who'd be the winner then? The one with most 10s?? :?

Let the admins deal with downvoters. They can keep track of how many and which votes the user is giving. If they see anything suspicious, they'll do something about it.
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

but when you get a 1 or a 2 amongst votes a lot higher, something must be wrong
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Agreed, most likely something is wrong then. Like I said; it's possible to check that, and if somone is downvoting, the staff will find out about it.
asp3132
Stock
Stock

Post by asp3132 »

what steffg09 said is what I'm trying to get across to everybody, When you have a car that has lets say 9 votes of 7 or higher and then someone drops the 1 bomb without explaining the reason. No that is a problem.
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

so report it, all you have to do is pm bobyx or another mod, they'll look into and sort it out.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Qyntel wrote:so report it, all you have to do is pm bobyx or another mod, they'll look into and sort it out.
This is definitely the best approach.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

yep or,, or tell the prson off.. lol
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

its exactly what i did. tell that problem to gt
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Don't let it get to your head if you have a one you know better. You know aswell as other people your car is great. Beside's people that vote a 1 is or taking revenge because you gave a bad score for his car or he's just a lozer who doesn't have a life.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

New rules

Post by ^Sparco^ »

It is simple: making new voting rules.
Vote with 1 point is correct, but its not normal to vote 40times with 1 point. There must be a limit votes to people who do that.
I think the solution is to disable votes of people who participate in a challenge. For example, if you have upload a car to Incognito challenge, you wont be able to vote rides @ Icognito challenge...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

that would be good, but cause a lot of other problems. The people who vote in competitions are mostly the people who participate in it. If you ban them from voting - you'd have trouble of getting some cars even 1 vote. Most people who got to SR section know about it because they are IN IT. So it's probably impossible.
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

i think that downvoting sucks, but the staff are doing an awsome job keeping this site fair and making everybody want to participate more

GREAT JOB GUYS!
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

UQ has a good point, i know i wouldnt be voting if i wasnt in the comp. i dont think there really is a way to stop it, just the way it is... the only way you can maybe persuade people in changing their voting habits is lay into them about it, might not be a pleasant way of dealing with it all, but just like i have done in the past, if some1 gives me a crummy vote... i'll let them know im not happy
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I think what was done in IC when ppl didn't know the scores of other cars was the only good way of dealin with problems. People downvoted in that competition as well probably, but again as before, GT managaged it all, but most ppl didn't know the scores and what others voted - so they voted less biased. I wish that was what all ppl do - vote without a bias, regardless of whose car it is. That's also unlikely though...
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

well you cant see who voted for yours (or anyone else) cars in these comps. glad to see that u can see what you voted tho (i always forget) so ... i dont know maybe that should help with people down voting because their car didnt recieve a high vote
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

No, I meant the overall score and ranking only given out in the end of the competition, not everyday. That's good.
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

ahh i see. thats not a bad idea, but only showing the winner on the last day and not having rankings wouldnt really stop much downvoting
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

well, actually it must prevent it. What are they gonna downvote? Everything? Than they'll get in shiznit. Or pick something? That's gonna be tough. Downvoting usually aimed at best cars = and if they don't know which one is best, how can he downvote it.
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

that has to be the best idea i've heard so far. i'm positive if the poeple don't know what the car is rated they wont be tempted to well vote a little lower just enough to make it lower like instead of voting a awsome car a 10 or 9 they might vote it a 8 or 7 because its doing really well this way i guess ppl would just vote what they honestly thought?? at least in thoery its a gr8 idea.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I guess that in the Incognito Challenge you did not know from whoem the car was so there could not be any person related downvoting, wich sadly sometimes did ocure in the other challenges and in the showroom....

so I guess the IC was a really good test.... maybe GT can show (and find out if there are difirences in voting between Incog and other challenges)

but like Urq said it is also about the best car.... and person I guess....

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”