Leaderboard Reset

2010 Need for Speed World
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Leaderboard Reset

Post by honke »

I would like to know how many from you would like a leaderboard reset,
after a good working anti cheat program got added to Nfs World.

Also I would appreciate you telling us your reason way you want or don’t want a leaderboard reset.
TRAINSOUND
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Leaderboard Reset

Post by TRAINSOUND »

i agree for reset and will be greate to delete all profiles of players with cheat times.this is possible?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

@Trainsound

Yea i will ban as much cheaters possible.. I am still working on top 50.
It take 1 hour and 30 min for my to check 1 player.. So its a little slow and time consuming work.
But I already have 11 cheater in top 50 but did not even check all in top 50.
I am planning to check the hole top 50 like this.

Anyway I have 26 cheaters on my list now those will get a ban this month
iS0FiX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iS0FiX »

Hello @All.

I 100% agree with the reset if a new system of cheating will be introduced.
This will allow us to start ALL over the same starting line.

In addition, now that we know all the circuits, It Will Quickly-been done.
And I'm sure very good (new) driver will appears (wolfgibkay;)) from no where.

Hope you all agree,

iS0FiiiiiiX '
DJBIDOUILE
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by DJBIDOUILE »

Hi All
I use a lot of nitro, and I know that most players agree with the reset
So...Yes I agree 100%
Enjoy :D
Le moteur est le cœur d'une voiture, mais le pilote
est son âme
nicheno
Stock
Stock

Post by nicheno »

I am absolutely for reset but only if new anti-cheat is working.
I know that many people already spent a lot of their time and money on making their respective times but that is the only way to clear doubts on their times. I saw that many people suspect that some of best (fastest) players in NFSW are also cheating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people, I am always positive and I have to believe that there are some brilliant drivers among us who are just better and faster then us.
We can't all be champions, but we can all win if the leaderboard is clean.
Respect for all good and clean drivers (no matter if they are first or last on leaderboard) and specially for Honke for the effort he puts in cleaning leaderboards.
DJxASHx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DJxASHx »

+1
Sidewave
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sidewave »

Sorry, but i'm not support the idea, i think it will be simply just to clear cheat or buged times. Besides, i don't belive that anti-cheat program will coming so soon to the game.
LostBoy
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by LostBoy »

@Honke,

1: Can it give 100% garantee?
If not so, it's all in vain.
To much money spend here!!
Why not RIGHT NOW a new anti cheat program???
TRX27
Banned

Post by TRX27 »

All indonesia player agree 100% for this .....i speak for all indonesia player here agree if time will reset mate..thx
User deactivated: Speaking a language other than English in site chat.
Khoikoisan
Stock
Stock

Post by Khoikoisan »

I agree with SIDEWAVE and LOSTBOY.
All hard work and $$$ for nothing?
What's wrong with you all?
And then if that happends?
All players with access to free codes in top 10?
They should'nt be ranking at all!
It's also cheating!
Think about that!
iS0FiX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iS0FiX »

I also spended $$$$ in this game and on my times . . .
TomTho974
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TomTho974 »

I agree 100% to reset Leaderboard ! :)
I find that there are many cheaters on World
User deactivated: cheating, impossible times in slow cars
irie
Donator
Donator

Post by irie »

A reset will only be beneficial to regular players, a certain leader board remove players who are not active, maybe you could implement that in the future.

Cheaters are developing cheats for EA's new Anti-cheat program, as soon as one trainer stop working another one appear. When EA reset the leader-board the last time, I saw a certain player was at the top of the list as a level 30+ driver. Sometime later I was informed that he used cheat or trainer.

Did EA fix the bug that allow people to do fast time, after spending long time in the game :?:
Can you catch hackers, who ensure their times don't pass the top 50 or 100:?: (I found out some persons driving or so bad, if they use a trainer on a curvy road, they will crash many times.)

Anything EA decides I will work with it but a reset will be in vain.
hariw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hariw »

In one hand I totally agree that to reset the leader board is a good idea, it will give us a clean page to start all over again. There are a lot of cheaters, I appreciated like a lot for what you've done to clean up the LB from cheaters Honke, it is a mighty effort to clean up the LB, thank you. With resetting the LB, it will be a lot easier for you and for us, we can just start from scratch, going back to the beginning.

But I also have doubt in my mind, will this reset solve the issue? As already said by Irie, as soon as one trainer cannot be used, another one surfacing. So in that case it will be worthless to clean the LB if there's always cheaters that messing up the LB again. It will be and endless circle, because then we have to reset the LB every time EA implement a new anti cheat.

I dunno, I kinda still feel in between, dunno what to suggest. It might be worth the shot to reset the LB. Yes, I think so.
nicheno
Stock
Stock

Post by nicheno »

Irie made a good point.
We have many players in leaderboard who have been inactive for more then 5-6 months. What about those players?
They certainly don't care about their stats and times anymore.
And I think that we should think about some level cap. Now too many new players decide to start cheating after they find out that they are just not good. Some old players also are creating new profiles just to cheat and they to that straight from level one.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Personally I don't play World to beat track records. I play for fun, and also to remind me of the good old NFS games. So my opinion is worth what is worth. :)

I think that resetting the leaderboards won't help keeping the cheaters out of this game. To stop the cheating, or at least to reduce the number of cheaters to acceptable levels (since it is impossible to get rid of all of them), EA must first develop and effective anti-cheating measure for World. While they don't that, it is not worth it to reset the leaderbords.

Of course that new trainers and hacks will appear. But if EA keeps releasing updates to the game, all trainers and hacks won't last long. And they also need to pay attention to reports made by players. As far as I know, honke recorded a lot of players cheating and sent that information to EA, and they did NOTHING. It is unbelievable how a company says that they will get rid of cheaters, and don't actually do anything, even when they have real proof that a certain player was cheating.

So guys, unless we (players) keep asking EA to implement true anti-cheating measures, there is no way World will get rid of cheaters. :)
SADENESS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SADENESS »

I support this idea, but only after the anti-cheat will be guaranteed to work 100%.
Only when it will be added and checked for serviceability.
VITALIK73
Stock
Stock

Post by VITALIK73 »

SADENESS wrote:I support this idea, but only after the anti-cheat will be guaranteed to work 100%.
+1
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

I agree only if a really good anti cheat will be added or else it would be useless and vain.
And if it’s a real good protection maybe we can also try to convince EA. to reset there SpeedApi.
hopefully this would include top speeds. because many players say look his top speed hi cheated..
This is not always true many from the old players got real high top speed because of in game bugs.
And the last few months I think 50% from all world players got a to high top speed because they got rammed by cheaters.

To tell the truth on this moment I am just shocked there is just a huge amount of cheaters on the leaderboard.
Its really crazy! And I will start banning many players very soon..
Even smart cheaters I will ban and players that used bugs or did not report there bugs will also get a ban.
Because I still think its really weird I play really a lot and only 1 time I did have a bug..
Somehow some players always have bugs I still think this is really weird !

Anyway to comeback on the reset I personally agree 150%. Way?
Because the amount of cheat and bug times is so huge this moment.
There is no way for my to Find and Remove them all!
Because it takes to much time for my to check every player.
On this moment I spent +/- 1 hour and 30 min on checking 1 player.
So only to check top 100 would cost my +/- 150 hours.
The program I have now still needs some adjustments and a update to reduce the the checking time.

But If we would reset, i will keep the leaderboard a lot cleaner from cheat and bug times.
Because I would not have to check all players in 1 time.
SADENESS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SADENESS »

A very complicated situation.
Count of cheaters and bug users increases and leaderboard must be clean as much as possible, but without anti-cheat system such work is meaningless and takes a lot of time.
If we can somehow help you, we will help.
And total reset of SpeedAPi is good idea.
Can we somehow accelerate the process of adding anti-cheat system?
Talking with nfs world dev team, email them or something else?
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Wow that is a lot of work :?

Just a thought: does it concern mostly topspeeds that exceed the possible, maximum speed? I don't know how u get the raceresults from this speedAPI, but I assume the it feeds the data (or where ever it is stored)? So maybe u can sort all of the race results on top speed values, descending, so u can then collect the users that have impossible top speeds.

Of course, it's only a rough filter, and it wouldn't get all of them, but it's quick, and a start to make ur job a little lighter.

Probably, the proces of the Leaderboards is way more difficult, but just trying to help
viant from yesterday
Stock
Stock

Post by viant from yesterday »

And that would be nice :)
100% agree, hope the anticheating can be launch too ..
Zeltil
Stock
Stock

Post by Zeltil »

^ This not only after new antihack measures, but also after T4 cars arrive and the cars from previous tiers get their performance readjusted....
Khoikoisan
Stock
Stock

Post by Khoikoisan »

EXPLANE please WHY it's NOT possible to RUN THE ANTI-CHEAT PROGRAM NOW!!!!

Stupid question?
EXPLANE also please!

I am losing my grip here.

GGRR....

[-o<

Return to “World”