your real life tunning scene

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
OlovesD
Ricer
Ricer

your real life tunning scene

Post by OlovesD »

i was thinking the other day "what is the real life tunning scene around the world? what cars the other nfsu players do see in the street?"...

i'll start with my own contribution: here you can see lots of Gol's, Celta's and Corsa's... all the Eclipse's in the town are pure stock, and so are the few BMW's... there are many Golf's with some basic tunning like bumpers+skirts+rims, the most part just rims... 2 nights ago i saw a cool dark blue Audi (don't remember the exact model) with awesome rims and tint...

OlovesD

P.S.: belive it or not, neon is really rare down here :cry:
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

well in australia we get like basicly every car thats ever made lol. so many immigrants here soo.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Spanish tuning

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Here in Spain 95% people got stock cars :( The typical Spanish tuning car is Peugeot 206, and Seat Leon. I give you a pic of 206 and 2pics of "206cc" version.
Attachments
206ccValladolid.jpg
and 206cc. This is in my city, Valladolid.
(123.75 KiB) Downloaded 979 times
e0680501.jpg
A Spanish 206
(115.65 KiB) Downloaded 5675 times
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 06 Jun 2004, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

my town that i live in doesnt have too much, just some tuned eclipes and an rsx here and there, and older supra, and that is pretty much it.

but, i dont live too far from one bigger city where when you go downtown you see skylines, supras, 240sx's, integras, and many old school cars too, like, camaros, chargers, challengers, and the list goes on! :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

LOl the only thing I see is f*cked up Golfs and peugeot 205s and Honda Civic hatchbacks from the day Christ was born.... (old) and other ugly stuff like that
PerryMason95
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PerryMason95 »

There are lots of 'oldstyle' Imprezza's round here, also a couple of pimped out RX7's. Seen a few skylines and supras too. They love the EVO9 round here too - yesterday I saw one with a number plate that read 'I GOT YA' :lol:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Same here stig, but i see a few tuned eclipse's supra's celica's RX-7 MX5 and a guy who is living a street away from my house has a tuned skyline and evoVII.
OlovesD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OlovesD »

i forgot to mention a kind of new thing my town's scene: there's this few guys that rebuilt, and 2 or 3 tunned up, Maverick's. the Maverick is a kind of Camaro copy that used to come with 4 or 6 cilinder engines. 2 of them i see almost every day, and they're very cool with a great set of rims and that old school racing paints (with straight stripes from front to rear). i´m sure that at least one of them have tunned engine... maybe half the scene here is old cars rebuilt and slightly tunned up - i mean OLD, most are mid 80's to early 90's...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

There is no Evo 9, PerryMason95... I've seen a lot of BMW E30, Golfs, and Opel Kadett type little hatchbacks, all tuned, many by previous owners and now they are second hand, beat up pieces of crap.
PerryMason95
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PerryMason95 »

UrQuattro wrote:There is no Evo 9, PerryMason95... .
I couldn't make out the badge properly, just saw the EVOV with how ever many I's, it looked good though.
ed'dy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ed'dy »

I got lots of Golf's and BMW's in my town. There's a beautiful BMW 5 series drivin' around too. But once I saw a reallt f*cked up Celica with a HUGE wing. And, there's only about 4-5 Supra's in Estonia.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Tuning scene is actually quite big round here. Its mainly the smaller cars (peugeot 206's, corsas, fiestats etc) that are tuned, but theres a few ferraris, a single turbo converted RX7, a few R33 skylines, a couple R34's, an Ultima GTR, an old mustang (which Ive burned off a few times :lol: ) Evos and imprezas are also fairly common. Theres about 6 other Supras round here now too (the best one is a 500bhp do-luck kitted RZ) So yea, cars are pretty big round here :lol:
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
OverclocktBOY
Stock
Stock

da SUPRA RZ is my favorite

Post by OverclocktBOY »

The Supra RZ is a damn rare car. I wish i had a Supra. 6-speed, inline six, twin HKS turbos.....oh, sorry i was just dreaming. In my town, (Hillsboro, Oregon AKA Silicon Forest) i see a few souped up rides. Mostly BMW snobs, but also some sweet WRX STi 's and only 2 Supra's that i know of. I, personally, like the older MKIII(pre-1993) style Supras. Mine would be lowered 2", with 19" 5-spoke polished aluminum with black finish wheels, and a high spoiler, eyelids, midnight purple paint, and totally modified engine with HKS, Greddy, 400cc injectors on Iridium plugs, and Borla exhaust..... just a dream tho..... so i play Underground!!
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

we cant buy or import eclipse' to aus so i wouldnt mind seeing/sitting in one of those - just to say i had. its also very rare to see a skyline 34 gtR - see a few gtS tho... and every man and his dog have 33 skyline!!
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

a bit of everything here in italy...but quite all people leave their cars stock.
tuned cars tipically are fiat punto (old) and peugeot 206 and 106 (rallye the most), then volkswagen golf and opel corsa, but you can see also opel astra or calibra (I saw one very hot), or seat ibiza, and other too.
most of time it's only visual tuning without performance hard tuning, or visual tuning and very hard performance upgrade....all of nothing :D
the greater part of tuned cars are in north Italy (where there are most of the circuits :wink: )
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Dragon-of-Rune wrote:Same here stig, but i see a few tuned eclipse's supra's celica's RX-7 MX5 and a guy who is living a street away from my house has a tuned skyline and evoVII.
a Supra, RX-7 and a Skyline.... man where do you live in Holland....

I personally never seen one of those cars here....
only seen a old Eclipse around here and a 3000GT, 300ZX but rest... only on autotrader.... and even there I did not find a Skyline.. could not even choose it...

but on the other had we have exotics here... :P
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

ViperJay wrote:a bit of everything here in italy...
the greater part of tuned cars are in north Italy (where there are most of the circuits :wink: )
When I traveled Italy 2 years ago, I saw a few tuned cars. But I remember I saw a red Ferrari (Dont know model) and a dark-red Lamborghini Diablo in a car-shop. woww!! Near Milan
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Stig i live in doesburg that's near arnhem. Around here there are a lot of civic coupe and hatchback aswell. And my cousin just have bought a lancer evoVIII.
OlovesD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OlovesD »

i have a magazine that brings an interview with a professional brazilian tunner who lives in the usa. when asked about the main problem in the brazilian tunning scene, he stated the pure truth: money is our problem... and got to tell you, it's sad but true... we have a good number of tunning shops in the city, but most people don't go beyond rims, tint and sound... many others just paint black the stock rims and use the saved money to low down the car... :cry:
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

There is an black honda prelude in my town,street tuned of course,and there is an ferrari 360 modena not tuned,lol! :D
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

I live in Malta, a very small country and therefore I will tell you about the whole country! The most tuned car here is the Glanza and the Opel Astra is quite frequent! The best tuned car is an MR2 - simply gorgeous. We have a couple of standard supras and a Skyline. Well then we have 40 Ferrari :D I forgot to mention the CRX del Sol which are found very very frequent in the island. Well, we have some tuning culture as well
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Lol, I lived in Malta for almost 4 years! You didn't mention old Mini Cooper - they got those in spades. And they also like to get the sound system very loud. Since the country is tiny, and Maltese island is like a one city into the other, small roads and all that, cars are also mainly small. Corsas and Astras are plenty. Not really a best tuning country, but There is more more than one Ferrari - after all it's a very rich island. :)
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

here in norway you find extremely few tuned cars. I see a lot of oldie pensionists wit benzes and beemers. but in total i never seen a skyline or supra or anything like that. i also heard that there's only two rx-7's in norway. otherwise loads of mr2s and some ugly ol golfs wit big rims and gigantic muffler tips. who needs a fast car here where there are freeways wit 50km/h speed limits some places!!! The highest speed limit is 100kmh
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

My neighbor has a new nissan 350Z silver metallic i saw it today that is one sweet car
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

wow! I saw a Nissan 350z last month... it was dark grey but no tuned. Here in Spain people only tune bad cars, such Golf and 206. People with money often buy Mercedes or elegant BMWs but dont tune it, they are often around 50 years old and dont like tuning lol.

Young people with money buys usually BMW z3, and I have seen too a BMW z4 3days ago. And few M3 (never seen a M5)

Return to “General Discussion”