fishy goings on

2003 Need for Speed Underground

do you think that there is something fishy going on?

yes
21%
i'm not sure
5%
no
74%

Total votes: 19

vwkaefer
Stock
Stock

fishy goings on

Post by vwkaefer »

i was looking the other day at hte SR Challenges and one name seemed to come up quite frequently: bobyx. i was wondering why this guy was always winning (his cars r nothing special) up until i saw that bobyx is one of the administrators of this website. is he up to something fishy or are these votes of sympathy for all the work gone into this website (the website is good, no doubts about that)?

tell me what you think
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There is a simple explanation:

I'm a power hungry twink.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

vwkaefer hm maybe im wrong but....theres plenty of other people who win challenges....

p.s. bobyx *agreed*
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I think this is because this guy's friends or family, not because bobyx.
The Tuning Challenge has a good voting system, and here this guy doesnt win :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Dani350z - Staff of NFSUnlimite.net cant enter TC.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Abrams.... you can stay calm... teach me please.. :)

PS. Bobyx is a very power hungry dude. :twisted:
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

There is nothing going fishy, according to me (duck) ; ) what do I smell... :roll:
UrQuattro wrote:Abrams.... you can stay calm... teach me please.. :)
UrQ, we talked about it, after abrams learned you, you can learn me? 8)
Last edited by KekumRulez on 08 Jun 2004, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I don't think that there's something fishy going on around here.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Only fishy thing is Stig and his racing suit 8) ... over to you Stiggy :D:D:D:D
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

....I don't care. I like the guy...his mod powers pwn j00!

Keiri
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

LOL! I just saw this topic.

Time to be owned....

Listen you n00b. Yeah so what if bobyx is one of the admins, I am too. But guess what you dumba**, ITS AUTOMATED. The votes are totalled up automatically, no one is actually PICKING the winners. So good job way to be n00b, keep it up.

Also, I get very high marks very often too, so does UrQuattro and GT3x24x7, so what? GT3 runs the SR Challenge section and he doesn't always win. UrQ has been on the site since... forever, and he doesn't always win. I work on the site and run UMP, and I hardly every get #1. PLUS it's about presentation too, like bobyx said. Crappy garage shots don't cut it anymore.

Thank you for being owned, return to your previous position.
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

hahaha. damn sp3ak you really nailed him there. it'll take him a while to recover before he posts again haha
vwkaefer
Stock
Stock

Post by vwkaefer »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
u guys make me laugh!!!!
u react so violently about a stupid post!!!
(maybe i should do this more often!!!!)
oh & by the way steffG9, it didn't take me long to react!!!!
i'm no coward like some of the others round here
& of course sp3ak is going to react like that 'cos he's protecting his fellow site moderator & he's going to get high marks aswell 'cos he owns this website.
or are these just votes of sympathy for all the work gone in to this website???

3 posts made into 1; please learn how to edit your post, thank you - T-Shine
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

vwkaefer: You've got some messed up ideas about stuff here... This forum isn't about getting high marks. I think the moderators do an awesome job here, and I got a feeling you will get a warning for that triple posting too. Use common sense dude...
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

ok fine you posted. good for you. where do you get this fishy thing from anyways??? cos bobyx only won 2 comps outta 13. GT3x24x7 has won 3 or 4. so what's the big deal?
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

hahaha............

Yes I'm defending bobyx, as I have known him less than 6 months, our friendship is never ending.... hahha, what a load of crap.

No see I'm not reacting violently, violently would be: you'd already be banned. How's that for violent? I don't RUN this website mmk... I moderate the forums and help manage the showrooms, GJ eh? I run UMP, yeah, but it's no big thing. You don't have any of your facts straight, so again, HIGH MARKS FOR YOU n00b!

bobyx has emphasized PRESENTATION over anything else. And if you look at the challenges that bobyx is in, and the fact that his cars look magnificent in game, maybe that's why he gets what you call "high marks". Looks like your just a sore loser, and man would I love to see some cars that you have, I bet they are grade A crap, and I also bet you suck at Underground in the first place.

Again, return to your previous position, maybe this time you should shut your face as well.
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

So, the bottom line: Nothing fishy by Bobyx; all fair and square.
Who's up for a lock, before it gets really dirty?
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Sp3aK wrote:hahaha............

Yes I'm defending bobyx, as I have known him less than 6 months, our friendship is never ending.... hahha, what a load of crap.

No see I'm not reacting violently, violently would be: you'd already be banned. How's that for violent? I don't RUN this website mmk... I moderate the forums and help manage the showrooms, GJ eh? I run UMP, yeah, but it's no big thing. You don't have any of your facts straight, so again, HIGH MARKS FOR YOU n00b!

bobyx has emphasized PRESENTATION over anything else. And if you look at the challenges that bobyx is in, and the fact that his cars look magnificent in game, maybe that's why he gets what you call "high marks". Looks like your just a sore loser, and man would I love to see some cars that you have, I bet they are grade A crap, and I also bet you suck at Underground in the first place.

Again, return to your previous position, maybe this time you should shut your face as well.

I'm appaled. A moderator's job is to uphold the moral standards of a board and keep things in line, yet all you've done in this topic is act like a 10 year old throwing a hissy fit. If you see a problem with his conduct, you can temp ban him. Simple, easy, that's your job, not getting in doodle with people with fewer posts than I have fingers. Name calling, blatant noob bashing, repeated threats of being 'owned', time to grow up.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I agree Drewb .. to a certain amount. I'd find such bahaviour better off in private, personally.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Yeah bobyx wins competitions, i've looked at his stuff and they are great, he deserves his wins, his presentations are always great, so i doubt nothin fishy is going on, even thoguh i'd like ta see some one not so much of a reg win too but if no one steps up to his level of presentation then no one else will win. peace out
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I agree with T-Shine. Lock it. It seems to me that all vwkaefer wants is to see how pissed off people can get at him. So let's just leave it, or else he will get what he wants... We don't want him to win, do we?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

One moment, I was the first who thought something fishy was going on. I voted Yes. But i reflected and heard Urquattro and Sp3ak and now I can tell you there is nothing fishy! It is our imagination... lol Their cars are often at top of Showroom, or some challenges, ok. That is in part because they have some advantages. Legal advantages.

The advantage they have (admins, and old users as Urquattro) is that they have a lot of experience, they are in the site frequently, they loved NFS... And practice in their free times to perform their cars and their presentations. In addition, they know what people like, after viewing the voting results. But I dont think this cares so much... I have seen some winners at TC and I dont like this style, and I wont change my way of building rides in order to people like it. And surely Bobyx and co. act the same way.

Do you want your cars at the top of class? Practice. Run nfs, build a car, change the colors, the vinyls, look it, play in-game, restart the whole car again... and within time, you will improve your style. My first cars were ugly, really ugly! I laugh of my 1st 350z screenshot. Visit frequently the site, or another sites, talk with other guys, compare... you will get better cars doing these kind of things.

If you never cooks, you wont be never a good cooker. lol And the stuff members, they cooks everyday: So they are good, and win (but not always!).

So, I say sorry for my suspicious attitude time ago. And specially with Urquattro...
I hope I've written everything wright, English is not my language lol
DarkRiderII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DarkRiderII »

Drewb99 wrote:
Sp3aK wrote:hahaha............

I'm appaled. A moderator's job is to uphold the moral standards of a board and keep things in line, yet all you've done in this topic is act like a 10 year old throwing a hissy fit. If you see a problem with his conduct, you can temp ban him. Simple, easy, that's your job, not getting in doodle with people with fewer posts than I have fingers. Name calling, blatant noob bashing, repeated threats of being 'owned', time to grow up.
i agree there that this is an apalling way to react.
i think that vwkaefer's idea is a bit far out but he's probably the kind of guy who wants to create a bit of an uproar in places where there are a lot of people. it is only a bit of fun but it seems to have worked on sp3ak who got very worked up. he probably drives well on nfs but then again we don't know so there is no need to call him a "n00b" with so much amateurism that you have sp3ak. & by the way you say "time to be owned" is a load of crap that 10 year olds try to use on you on the internet to try to intimidate people but it doesn't work m8!!
frankly, u guys r lucky to still have people posting things on your website if ur going to be like that with the people that come
ok, it's good to protect one's friends but not in such away to shock people
& u should be ashamed so just shut up if you have nothing better to say m8.

DRII
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

In all fairness, who really cares? NFSU is a game, thats it. The tuning challenge is an extension of this game, thats it. If people want to fall out about, well I cant stop you, but theres more to life than need for speed ;) This site is for people who enjoy the game, and want to share hints and tips with each other. The off topic section etc are for people who have made friends and just want to talk. Its a bit sad if you come on here pointing the finger at bobyx accusing him of cheating. Instead you should come here trying to earn the respect of other members.

Speak, maybe you were a bit harsh on the guy.

With all that said and done, heres a selection of a few pics from my favourite site that i thought were appropriate ;)
Attachments
whocares5.jpg
(31.67 KiB) Downloaded 4917 times
whocares2.jpg
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 4918 times
whocares3.jpg
(8.97 KiB) Downloaded 4919 times
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »