bintex

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
nytelyphe
Stock
Stock

bintex

Post by nytelyphe »

can anyone explain to me why bintex won't let me export 1 vinyl it will only export all. it worked once and then it quit . tried everything i can think of getting frustrated. thanks nytelyphe
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

wrong topic.... moved to editing
NxSphericJ
Stock
Stock

Post by NxSphericJ »

do u highlight the texture u want to edit?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Have you read the instructions carefully before using it? If you have, is this the error you're having?

If that's the error, you might wanna read this post, made by the author of BinTex. This is what he said:
arushan wrote:That error is most likely due to the jdlzdll.dll. JDLZ is the compression algorithm that EA uses to compress / decompress the files, and jdlzdll.dll provides the interface for compression / decompression.

Most of what is in jdlzdll.dll was taken from the exe through decompilation and converted from machine assembly code into pure C++ code. Thus, jdlzdll.dll is a C++dll and not a VB app like bintex.exe. Therefore, it is prone to crashing the entire application because there are no memory checks etc in the C++ code. It is highly unlikely that msvbvm60.dll is the problem.

Since I am unable to reproduce the problem on my system, I need the following info from you:
  • The car you are trying to modify the vinyls of
  • The vinyl name inside the vinyls.bin file
  • The actual vinyl and mask images
  • If you try exporting the mask first then the actual vinyl.... does it crash at the vinyl?
  • If you try closing BinTex after exporting a texture then reload it and do another different one... does it crash now?
  • Does it ever crash when exporting a original vinyl from one of EA's original bin files?
If that is not what you're looking for, I apologise. But do look out for more information on that at this topic from ND4SPDWorld.com

If you need any more help on this matter, in case you didn't notice, there's already a discussion on Importing vinyls with BinTex in the Help & Support section in this website, and you might wanna check it out. You may view the thread here.

Hope that helps, well that's at least what I can do at the moment... Image

Return to “Editing”