Initial D

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Phantom_R32
Ricer
Ricer

Initial D

Post by Phantom_R32 »

I searched through the forums i seen 2 initial d topics but they were kinda run down..so i figure ill make a new one with alot of info related to the anime..and feel free to discuss stuff about the arcade game as well

If you dont like this show please dont ruin my thread with stuff like "oh initial d is gay..it doesnt has NoS and cars with Vinyl and chrome rims yo" and same thing goes with the game..dont say stuff like "wtf yo..this game ddoesnt have a NoS button..and why doesnt my GTR have streetglow!?"

Initial D Anime / Manga Involves Takumi Fujiwara and his Toyota Trueno AE86. The story Takes place in japan, teams from all over compete for turf and pride.

Teams

Redsuns - Ran by the great leader Ryosuke Takahashi. Him and his younger brother Keisuke Takahashi both drive Rx7s FC3S and FD3S there teams location is on Mt. Akagi

Night Kids - This team is sorta the black sheep out of all the teams since even the local people dont like the team with all the fighting going on in the echolons of the night kids. The Leader of the team is Takeshi Nakazato and he drives a Nissan Skyline GTR R32 and the Night Kids second best is Shingo Shoji who drives a Honda Civic SiR 2 EG6 hatchback. those two always fight about everything. Their teams location is on Mt.Myogi

Impact Blue - This team is made up of 2 girls Mako satou and Sayuki(no last name) Mako is the driver and Sayuki is the navigator(there just like a rally cross driver and navigator). Their car is Nissan Sil-80(its a Nissan 180sx with a Silvia S13 front end. Their home course is Mt. Usui.

Speedstars - This team is horrible, their pride is great but driving skill wise they suck there leader is Iketani Koichorou who drives a Two tone Nissan Silvia S13 their no.2 driver is Kenji (no last name) he drives a Nissan 180sx Type X he is always negative about things
their No.3 driver is Itsuki Takeuchi(Cant spell last name) he drives a Toyota Levin AE85 (AKA peice of crap) he bought it from a car dealer thinking it was AE86 Levin

Thunder Fire - This team sucks horribly even the speedstars can beat them probably. their leader drives a purple'ish Nissan 180sx but he sucks so who cares..lol :lol:..they have no location there seen racing team emperor on some lil mountain course and also seen doing time trials and crashing on Mt. Akagi.

Emperor- This team is one of the greatest teams in the Anime/Manga. This team is made up of all Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV's except for the leader Sudo Kyouchi he drives a Lan Evo III. Kyouchi is an ex-rally driver his Lan Evo III has a backfire system called the "Mis-firing system" it backfires multiple times to help reduce the turbo lag and to help it corner better..Kyouchi's biggest fear is Right hand turns. You dont have to be afraid of right hand turns in Rally racing but in the Mountains you never know when an oncoming car will appear. The 2nd best driver is Seiji Iwaki he drives a Lan Evo IV his skills are good enough to back up all the crap he talks. There located on Mt. Irohazaka

Project D - This team was formed by Ryosuke Takahashi to conquer all teams in japan in a period of year his brother Keisuke and his Rx7 race the uphill and Takumi and his AE86 take on the downhill. they are known as the "Double Aces". They are a team that specializes in racing opponents on their homecourses so they do not have a home course

Seven Star Leaf/Reef (S.S.R) - This is a small team in the Tochigi prefecture made up of a Mazda Roadster(Miata) NA6CE(Flip up headlight version) and a Nissan Skyline 25gt Turbo ER34(Rear wheel drive skyline)
Tohru Suetsugo and his Miata is no doubt the best downhill racer of the team he knows all the details on the course. Atsuro Kawai drives the ER34 he is the best uphill racer in the team since his car has 400hp his skills are ok but not too good..the team also has a few other members. Their home course is the Momiji Line mountain pass

Toudou Racing School - Toudou Juku is made up of all FF cars mostly Integra Type R DC2 and Civic Type R EK9's. Their 2 best drivers are Daiki Ninomiya and Sakai(no last name). Daiki and his Civic tackle the Downhill and Saiki and his Integra tackle the uphill. There is also another character who has graduated from the Toudou Juku his name is Tachi Tomojuki. He is now a Professional Circuit racer who has been asked to come back to Toudou Juku to help get revenge for Daiki and Sakai's losses. He is asked to drive Toudo Juku's Civic Type R Concept Car. Their Location is on Mt. Enna but Tachi races on Mt. Happogahara

Saitama Alliance - This Alliance is formed by a whole bunch of teams in the Saitama prefecture. They help each other out when a team from a diffrent prefecture invades there turf the best drivers in this Alliance are.
1. Tsukamoto, drives a Suzuki Cappuccino
2. Wataru Akiyama, drives a Toyota Levin AE86 *with a supercharger*
3. Kyoko Iwase, drives a black Mazda Rx7 FD3S *she falls in love with Keisuke Takahashi of Project D*
4. Nobuhiko Akiyama, drives a Toyota Altezza RS-200 *he is Wataru's cousin*

Men in Lancer Evolution V and VI - There is not much info on these guys since they just showed up in the manga like 3 months ago. They do not have names. They just go by Man in Evo V and Man in Evo VI. There homecourse is Mt.Tsuchisaka there paid to beat project and they will use anything necessary to beat them.

Hand of God/Foot of God - These men are Project D's greatest challenge so far. Theres little info on these guys. Names are still unknown but the Hand of God guy drives a Honda S2000 on the downhill and the Foot of God guy drives a Nissan Skyline GTR R34 VSPEC-II. The hand of god drives without moving his Right hand at all during any race his hand is always positioned at 3' o clock. These men are both as old as Takumi's father Bunta.

Bunta Fujiwara - This man does not need a team he is the best driver in the whole Initial D Series he is also the original owner of the Toyota Trueno AE86..because he's Takumi Fujiwara's father :D . Later in the series he switches to a Subaru Impreza WRX 22B Since his son takumi has been using the AE86 alot for Project D.

other guys

Kai Kogashiwa - drives a Toyota MR2 SW20 his father Ken Kogashiwa was Bunta's ultimate rival back in the day. who would think there 2 sons would meet. Kai races Takumi on Mt. Irohazaka, Emperor's home course. Kai is also just as good as the leader of Emperor. Kai beat Seiji and his Lan Evo IV and Seiji is still pissed about it.

Natsuki Mogi - She is Takumi's girlfriend..

Two guys from tokyo - They are just two cocky guys in a Silvia S15 who think their circuit skills are great even on the mountain roads(their skills arent even great) they have a move called the super ultra late braking technique..which is just a regular braking technique but with a gay name

Miki - Miki was a Senior when Takumi and Natsuki were Sophomores. Miki used to be Natsuki's girlfriend and he always drives a Toyota Celica GT-Four (4WD version)
Last edited by Phantom_R32 on 01 Nov 2004, 19:26, edited 3 times in total.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I have a nice collection of anime films which you can get, and I mean Initial D.
You can find them here:
http://www.ausfx.com/forum/index.php/topic,1871.0.html

Nice walkover of the series there Phantom.
I still like the RX-7 ;)
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Initial D's about half the reason I want to race down the damn mountains in NFSU2 :P

And Bunta doesn't drive a 22B, it's just a regular GC8V WRX STi.
Phantom_R32
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phantom_R32 »

Drewb99 wrote:Initial D's about half the reason I want to race down the damn mountains in NFSU2 :P

And Bunta doesn't drive a 22B, it's just a regular GC8V WRX STi.

Bunta drives the GC8V in the game i know for a fact..and in the anime..its freakin hard to tell..cause in 4th stage right now looks like a 22B but the WRX thing on the back makes me think its a 8V as well
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I wanna try the downhill in NFSU 2 as well.
Have been trying lots of downhill driving in GT2 (DAMN UNDERSTEERING on dirt!)

I have been trying Initial D game for PC (Crap if you haven't tried, 100% budget title) but I didn't like it at all.
You could not clear corners without riding the rails, no matter what speed you were travelling at, and you had to hold down a button to start the drift... WELL! Budget at best.

Bunta is a cool guy, and he loves Tofu ;) NOT
Phantom_R32
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phantom_R32 »

Sweeper wrote:I wanna try the downhill in NFSU 2 as well.
Have been trying lots of downhill driving in GT2 (DAMN UNDERSTEERING on dirt!)

I have been trying Initial D game for PC (Crap if you haven't tried, 100% budget title) but I didn't like it at all.
You could not clear corners without riding the rails, no matter what speed you were travelling at, and you had to hold down a button to start the drift... WELL! Budget at best.

Bunta is a cool guy, and he loves Tofu ;) NOT
lol the pc version is crap :lol: its like

"omg a hairpin is coming up and im going to fast with my 3500lb Skyline GTR!!!!!!! *holds down drift button*"

if you want to play the better versions of the game..mod your ps2 and get Initial D: special stage or go to a local arcade and theyll most likely have 1 of the 3 versions..most likely version 2 or 3
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

Phantom_R32
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phantom_R32 »

Master_Supra wrote:www.initiald.tk go there
Ive already been there once i beleive but i belong too
http://www.idforums.net[/url]
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Phantom R32... I knew that name sounded familiar with that avatar and all ;)

I'm at ID Forums as well Phantom ;) Guess you can figure out my nick ;)
Lots of useful info there.
Phantom_R32
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phantom_R32 »

Sweeper wrote:Phantom R32... I knew that name sounded familiar with that avatar and all ;)

I'm at ID Forums as well Phantom ;) Guess you can figure out my nick ;)
Lots of useful info there.
i cant figure out who you are lol
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Haven't posted much, but I use the same name that I have here ;)
I am "Sweeper" over there as well, thought you noticed? Oh well, not that many posts yet, will wait till I get around 50 before I put up an avatar.

Return to “General Discussion”