graphic glitch

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
valdiorn
Ricer
Ricer

graphic glitch

Post by valdiorn »

Ok so I know this belongs in the help forum, and I posted it there also, but I never get replys there... just bear with.. don't close the thread immediately..

my textures in underground 2 are all messed up. At first they looked like they're supposed to, but after I launched the game for the 2nd time they got really bad. the sky and street tex's are pixelated and ugly + some other textures, like posters on walls and advertises around the city (I notice this very clearly on the billboards at the racing circuit)

screenshot:
http://www.network.is/valdemar/screen.jpg
(notice the extremely pixelated street and the pixelated sky texture + back of traffic light)

It wasn't like this when I first started the game, and the Demo isn't like this...
I've tried every setting in the display options, tried manually overriding anisotropic and AA but nothing seems to work :S
I have a Geforce FX5600 with latest drivers

can you help me fix this.... ! please
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

dude i had the exact same problem... i have a geforce 5900...... when i saw this i was like wtf.... but this is what i did and it was ok... go to nvidia.com, and download the latest drivers...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93

this just came out november 9th...and that should work... i also downlaoded the patch... and now my fps and graphics quality improved by a lot :)

i hope that works...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Restarting your computer works too. I had this problem too, and many more.
valdiorn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by valdiorn »

crap, the driver doesn't change anything :( I tried the new driver and some old drivers as well, restarted 10 times, uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times, uninstalled the demo... but it's still pixelated :(

do you have some other suggestions for me?? The game looks really bad and it's not really fun to play like this :cry:
JEX420
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JEX420 »

I had that problem too when I first started the game and what I did is I got out of the game and relaunched it and it was gone :D but I see you've tried this so I'm stumped now :(
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

yea same here... :( i dont know what to tell u
valdiorn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by valdiorn »

Yay... not.. I thought it was OK after I installed the new drivers and tuned some things. but the next day (today) it was all f**ked up again :(

I tried reinstalling the driver and doig the same thing as I did before. but it doesn't work, seems it was only a coincidence..

Have you ever seen such a bug/glitch before in any game?? can you tell me what is going on?? (basically the textures aren't displayed correctly, making them look aliased and 'jiggy' )
.tekrox
Stock
Stock

hmmm

Post by .tekrox »

I'm getting the same problem; it's not an nVidia specific issue it seems - as i'm running a ATi Radeon 9600XT;

just out of interest - what motherboard chipset do you guys have - wouldn't happen to be an nforce2 would it?
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Moosehead115 »

Nforce 2 same problem, GF4 TI 4600
Athlon 2700+
oldish drivers (dont bother updating except for compat it just hurts my card more then helps usually, due to optimising for new cards)

I managed to fix the problem by forcing on AF in my card settings, i'm sure i fiddled with the ingame graphics settings alot too. try playing with the ingame graphic filtering options, none, full on, as well as at the same time fiddling with the control panel overrides.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

turning the game off and turning it back on works also, i had that problem.. it happens the first tiem u turn on this game
vilks*[LT][S+]
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vilks*[LT][S+] »

we all have this problem...need to close the game and run once again..
RB26DETT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RB26DETT »

I dont have this problem, never did.
valdiorn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by valdiorn »

vilks*[LT][S+] wrote:we all have this problem...need to close the game and run once again..
No that's not enough... I've tried running the game a million times.. this just pops up randomly (or should I say, it works right one in a while :( ). If I screw with the graphic settings in the Nvidia properties window I sometimes get it to work right..

My friend has the same problem and he has the same graphic card (absolutely identical).. he hasn't gotten it to work either :(
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Did the restart your computer thing work..?
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

I have the problem too, I have a ATI Radeon 9700 with a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and 768 MB RAM. It's a 128 MB Graphic Card, thinking of buying a new Motherboard with a 3600+ AMD Processor and 1 GH memory, hopefully this helps
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

I had the same problem, here's how you can fix it.
You gotta uninstall the game, uninstall the drivers.
first install the drivers, then the game.
then it should work, at least, it worked for me since...

EDIT: apply the v1.1 patch or download the v1.1 NO-CD .exe and the problem is solved too :)
Cypher
Ricer
Ricer

The same prob...

Post by Cypher »

I had the same problem on GeForce 4 Ti4400 128MB.
I have almost the latest drivers (some 66.xx I guess).
But it was on the first launch, I restarted the game and since then I didn't have such glitch anymore...
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Can't remember seeing this glitch myself when playing, I will double check and see if I got the same.
vilks*[LT][S+]
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vilks*[LT][S+] »

valdiorn wrote:
vilks*[LT][S+] wrote:we all have this problem...need to close the game and run once again..
No that's not enough... I've tried running the game a million times.. this just pops up randomly (or should I say, it works right one in a while :( ). If I screw with the graphic settings in the Nvidia properties window I sometimes get it to work right..

My friend has the same problem and he has the same graphic card (absolutely identical).. he hasn't gotten it to work either :(
yes,thats not enough,i was mistaken.it doesnt metter what card you have,so you dont need to write..i have radeon ..i have nvidia and so on...
Sometimes nfsu2 runs ok with good graphic,somtimes terible...last 2 days i playd with this bug.i formated my hdd,i have no cd 1.1,but it still runing bad...
so who knows 100% how to fix this bug?
very very sorry 4 my english :wink:
Attachments
audi a3 by vilks.JPG
now i have this car...
(60.78 KiB) Downloaded 5269 times
Morning
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Morning »

well, i had pixelated graphics and stuff but changing the ingame option - Texture Filtering - fixed it, and i have no where near a good gfx card, a GF2 MX200. Someone mentioned this earlier, but don't know if you tried it. Anyway, I hope it works....
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Sorry if I repeated anything....
I had the same problem when I first started
First of all, if you have XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) installed, the firewall will first ask you if you want to allow the program to continue. This pops up while you are in the game, so you don't actually see it until you press Alt+Tab or something like that to exit out of the game, but still have it running.
If it's not that, check that you don't have any other programs running, like Media Player and so on and check that you allow the program to run if you have any firewall.
After all of this is done, restart the game and it should work. :D
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

ok this is last time im telling this i sound even my self stupid
i have nforce 2, amd barton 2800 and ati radeon 9600 xt
i had troubles with some games about grapics
simple
install omega drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net

if that doesnt hel try install orginal mainborad drivers

i have omega 2.5.67 drivers and orginal mainborad drivers i get with it
hope this help :D
vilks*[LT][S+]
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vilks*[LT][S+] »

i have softmoded drivers.with this driver i can overclock my graphic card with atitool or other programas.
before that i had original drivers but i hadnt nfsu2...so i didnt try nfsu2 with original drives.and what is omega drivers?wich from this 3 drivers is the best?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Do NOT install Omegadrivers (unless you want I new graphics card ) :? The drivers have a lot of glitches and I've seen weird things on my screen. :shock: Some games might not work and I didn't see any difference in performance. For example, my Collin Mcrae 2005 game was lagging like crazy until I took the drivers out. In fact it's not a driver glitch, it's a Windows glitch!!!!
relja55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by relja55 »

2furio wrote:Do NOT install Omegadrivers (unless you want I new graphics card ) :? The drivers have a lot of glitches and I've seen weird things on my screen. :shock: Some games might not work and I didn't see any difference in performance. For example, my Collin Mcrae 2005 game was lagging like crazy until I took the drivers out. In fact it's not a driver glitch, it's a Windows glitch!!!!
please dont say people to dont do something if you dont know what r you talking about

im using it allready 8 months everthing works perfectly
some people here had grapic problme they install it and no problems more

so if you dont know dont talk about it

Return to “Underground 2”