Fraps problem? or my problem?

Come here to discuss game related movies/production.
zeux
Ricer
Ricer

Fraps problem? or my problem?

Post by zeux »

Hi All, when I run fraps 2.0->video capture while in NFSU2, I simply can't play the game as it's slowing down the game to 7fps while recording, why is that so?

And the fps info is in the saved avi file, how can I remove it?

Thanks all
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I would reccomend getting an earlier version of Fraps. 1.9D is the perferred one. There is an option in the program to not show the FPS info. Quite a few people have had recording issues during replay mode, but never during regular gameplay. It's going to slow down a bit when you record(heck I've got 512mb ram, a 2.8ghz processor, and a 128mb gfx card and I still get some slowing).

I would also reccomend lowering your settings for recording. Turning off weather, light trails, etc. will help (more-less the useless things). You could also adjust your resolution to 800x600 if you haven't already.

There's another thread on Fraps already, you can read in there for more info.
zeux
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zeux »

Hi Spark,

I've tried 1.9d as well, still the same problem. However, i've already solved it by purchasing the latest version 2.5.1. HDTV support with 60fps. far more better than the older version. No lag at all while playing when recording.
Thanks for the advise!! :D

ZeuX
trock3125
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by trock3125 »

speak does your comp go extremely laggy when u run 1.9D because i have 512mb of RAM 2600+ processor and 128 mb graphic card also

Return to “UMP General Discussion”