Update NFS Porsche Unleashed in Windows XP

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Update NFS Porsche Unleashed in Windows XP

Post by Winston »

This is a way to update NFS-PU to v3.5, on a system that is running Windows XP with SP1. It is is pretty easy to do, and will semi-automatically update NFS-PU, which will allow online multiplayer play.

Here is what you do:

:arrow: Step 1:
Be sure your EA Updater is in the default location before trying this (C:\Program Files\EACom\Update).

:arrow: Step 2:
Make sure no other programs are running (except maybe your browser).

:arrow: Step 3:
Be sure you are connected to the internet.

:arrow: Step 4:
Go to START -> RUN (or use MS-DOS Command Prompt), and type the following command line:

C:\Progra~1\EACom\Update\buddy.exe -pid -16546117 -launch C:\Progra~1\EACom\Update\EAUpdate.exe -reg 14077 -cdrv CDROM:\ -noupd

Remember to replace "CDROM" with the correct drive letter for your CD-ROM drive! Then click on the OK button (or press enter).

:arrow: Step 5:
What you should observe now, is some files being downloaded and copied to your NFS-PU.

This is a semi-automatic update, since it is automatically updating the proper files, but you have to initiate it manually.
Rafik

Hey that didn't work for me!!!

Post by Rafik »

That didn't work for me is there any other way?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Rafik

Hey me again !

Post by Rafik »

Nope didn't work either is there an update file so i can do it manually?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Try what Winston suggested, the 3.5 patch here, and everything in bobyx's post here. It's the 2nd one...
I don't know of any other solutions.

Help with online gameplay plz

Post by guest »

i have finished the game and have had no trouble with anything but now that i want to play online it is giving me immense trouble. basically, when i push multiplayer it gives me the menu, then when i push play online it gives me a window informing me there is an update for the game about 16mb's. when i press "ok" for download it ends the game and thats it. i have done the 3.5 update successfully and tried the semiautomatic updater with no luck. my game is not installed in the original path etc and when i run the updater from where i installed it it gives me a bunch of crap. i need desperate help guys.
RA

Post by RA »

I dunno if it was just a fluke or not, but by changing the parameter "macresourceforks" from "false" to "true" in the file"properties.txt" in my PU-install i managed to run PU without chrashing out to the desktop for a full hour now. Before doing this it would usually crash every 10 to 15 mins and every time trying to run the "extended slalom"-course in "Test Driver"-mode.
Can anyone else who has problems with PU crashing out to the desktop try this to see if it makes a diff to You?

btw
I'm running Win XP Pro SP1 and PU updated to ver 3.5 (with "gimme.dll" renamed)
RA

Post by RA »

Sorry, wrong thread, could a moderator pls move my post to the "Sticky: NFS5 under WinXP/Win2k"-thread.
TIA

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”