Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Test drive unlimited

Post by ^Sparco^ »

New Test drive announced today, 13th of May, 2005, for Xbox360

Test Drive unlimited... like the name of this site LOL.

:shock:
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

nice gfx....
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh, sweet graphics! 8)
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

finally some good racing game on PC ?

oh wait, its test drive...... answer: NO
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

No PC???
WTF????? I thought Test Drive was a PC game.
F***ing bastards! Why won't they release it for PC???

EDIT: Why are the pictures so squished? Hehe problems for new Xbox...excellent.
Somebody should teach these people not to mess with the computer.
Last edited by 2furio on 14 May 2005, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

PC is gr8 but most games are released for pc so why dont we just let them have at least 1 or 2 games for a consle,but i also agree with you
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'm telling you, it's because it's Friday 13th.
Oh wait, Xbox 360 unvieled on Friday 13th could spell disaster for Microsoft.

EDIT: Went to http://www.gamespot.com/x360/driving/te ... index.html and saw more pictures. If this game is not for PC, I'll kill myself. This is exactly the game the PC world needs. This is what NFS used to be about and what Most Wanted should have been about.. Exotics and ONLY exotics.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

LOL^^^^ i agree with that :lol:
the 1st image looks pretty sweet, but the rest look, well...plasticky :?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Damn 2furio, got some hostility against consoles??? Just like some games are released on PC and not for consoles, I get jealous....

Oh this game is going to be awesome!!! So is the Xbox360!!! :D
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

No, what I hate is games that are popular on the PC and then after a while they aren't released for PC anymore.
It almost happened with NFS, Hot Pursuit 2 wasn't announced for PC until a few months after.
Unreal Tournament 2007 will also be for consoles.
GTA used to be for PC, now, I have to wait half a year for the PC version. It should be the other way around.
Midtown Madness...the first 2..PC ONLY...then all of the sudden....#3...xbox ONLY.
My point? If you start releasing a franchise on a system, stick with the whole way. See, the idiots at other gaming sites never ask smart questions. I'll bet you 10 dollars nobody would ask why is this Test Drive not released for PC.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

DUDE!!!!!! its far from being released!!! Just wait and it might be planed for PC...
I undertand the GTA and other games, but hey, PC has the same thing going on, like Battlefield, Me and my friends would love to see it out for a console but i dont think it will happen
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Dude, if they don't say it when the game is announced, the chances of it being on PC are slim to none.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

2furio wrote:No PC???
WTF????? I thought Test Drive was a PC game.
F***ing bastards! Why won't they release it for PC???

EDIT: Why are the pictures so squished? Hehe problems for new Xbox...excellent.
Somebody should teach these people not to mess with the computer.
agree... :( because those screens look so, i mean SO nice!!! uhh...damn... :(

OFF TOPIC: 300th post...yaay!
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

2furio - lol, dont panic :) i didnt mean it wont be out for PC, i mean that it wont be good imo when its test drive coz last good test drive was test drive 1 :) i am almost sure that it will be on PC.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

:shock: :shock:
A new Test Drive game. I haven't played those series for more than 10 years.
I've played Test Drive 1, 2 and I think "Offroad" (with Monster Trucks :lol: )

The screens look amazing.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

im gettin my cousin 2 get 50 bucks off the XBox 360 or ps3 when they come out, either one i mean
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

if you don't already see the trailer you must see it... the sound is the best i've ever heard

http://www.gamespot.com/x360/driving/te ... media.html
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

niiiiiiiiiiiice trailer *drools*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Holy shiznit the sounds are so f***ing awesome!

But the rest of the game looks pretty crap (apart from gfx).
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Triskac wrote:2furio - lol, dont panic :) i didnt mean it wont be out for PC, i mean that it wont be good imo when its test drive coz last good test drive was test drive 1 :) i am almost sure that it will be on PC.
I'm freaking out because this is how I wanted NFS to be all about. It seems consoles have caught up with computers when it comes to glitches. In the trailer, when you look at the Aston Martin back wheel, you can see that at one point, there's no shadow near the wheel, while the rest of the time there is. At least PC games would get fixes but how do you fix a console game?

EDIT: Here's another reason why I'm freaking out.
From http://www.3dgamers.com
187 Ride or Die cancelled
After observing that the PC version of 187 Ride or Die was missing from recent announcements and media releases of this urban 3D action driving and shooting game, we contacted Ubi Soft about its status, and received confirmation that it "was canned for PC a little while ago." Consequently, we have now removed our game section for this title.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

The sounds in that trailer a bit "light". The graphics are good though

And the "McLaren Mercedes SLR" :shock: :shock:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Test Drive Unlimited E3 2005 Preshow First Look

We recently had the pleasure of sitting down with Atari to look over its latest entry in the long-standing Test Drive series. Test Drive: Unlimited is a typical free-form racing title that's intended to be available at launch for the Xbox 360. But it's not just any racing game. The developers actually describe it as something of a racing MMO, thanks to its unique utilization of the next-gen Xbox's online capabilities. We were shown a number of these unique features in our demonstration, and we were also able to sit down and take the game for, well, a bit of a test drive.

During the demonstration, we were shown plenty of the unique features that are intended to make Test Drive stand out from the crowd. One of the most improbable yet inexplicably cool features is your ability to customize your cars as well as the appearance of your driver. When you first start up a game, you're going to be asked to design an avatar using a character-generation system that will allow you to modify your clothes and facial features, ensuring that each player online will have a different appearance. The clothing will apparently be licensed from real designers, including Marc Ecko, and we're told that you'll even be able to download new threads from these designers as they release new lineups from season to season.

New characters will also be given a house with a small garage. The living room of the house will act as your base of operations. In the game's main menu, you'll be able to check your in-game e-mail or voicemail from other players, check news bulletins (which will tell you when a new car is available to purchase or a new race is open to enter), or download new cars (as with clothing, Atari plans to make some new cars available for download as their licensed manufacturers release them in the real world). In addition, there's an eBay-esque option for putting your cars up for auction online.

When you're ready to hit the streets, you'll have to head to the garage. As you win more cash by winning races or betting other players, you'll be able to purchase more expensive houses, which will in turn come with bigger garages that will allow you to store more cars at a time.

Speaking of cars, Atari seems to be taking the job of simulating the 150 or so cars and motorcycles in the game much more seriously than you might expect, given that the game itself is definitely more of an arcade racer than a pure simulation. We're told that each car will be realistically modeled, and we were shown a Mercedes SLR in the demonstration player's garage as a proof of concept. The garage here is much more than just a storage area for your cars; you're going to be able to walk around your vehicles, examine them bow to stern, open the doors, open the windows, flip on the radio, and so on. The character in the demonstration was actually able to enter the car while still in the garage, which served as a showpiece for the detailed modeling of the car's interior, with a complete dash, air conditioning vents, a working radio, and so on. We're also told that you'll be able to customize the seats and dash with a variety of leather and wood-paneling options.

Of course, detailed cars and clothing don't mean much without well-designed courses, and it's here that Atari is relying on Mother Nature for an assist. There aren't discrete race courses in Test Drive: Unlimited, as you might expect. Instead, the entire Hawaiian island of Oahu was converted from real-world satellite and topography data into a fully realized gaming landscape. Oahu was chosen due to its inherent natural beauty, as well as its various racing environments, such as beaches, mountain, and city courses. The game island should have more than 1,000 miles of track to it, and while you're outside, you'll be able to seamlessly zoom in and out to adjust from a satellite's-eye view of the entire island all the way down to a street-level view. We're also told that real-world landmarks, such as Pearl Harbor, should be fully recognizable as you drive past (or through) them.

If that sounds big, then get this: we're told that, thanks to the online capabilities of the next-gen Xbox, "thousands" of players should be able to race around the same island at the same time. Our demonstration version of the game obviously didn't have this feature enabled, but Atari laid out some of its plans for the game and showed us a bit of how it works. Players will be able to challenge other players to races as everyone zooms around the island and meets up with each other. You can bet cash on the outcome, or bet pink slips if you're particularly daring.

What's more, players will be able to generate races on the fly with the in-game challenge-generation system. This is essentially a make-your-own-race feature, where players can select a starting location, lay down checkpoints, and then choose a finish line location. The game will automatically connect these features to give you a customized race that can be as long or as short as you like. We were given a short walk-through of this feature that enabled the player to create a race, with a couple of nearby checkpoints, which started in one of the cities on the island. The player then zoomed the view out as far as it could go, zoomed back in on the other side of the island and placed a marker there, which was instantly connected back to the previous checkpoints, resulting in a race that would've lasted for about three hours. Obviously, most races will be smaller in scope for manageability.

Of course, there will be more than just straight-up racing in Test Drive Unlimited. We're told that a number of customizable game types will be included in the final version of the game, many with individually modifiable parameters. We didn't get a complete list of these features, but we did spot some fan-favorite modes such as speed trap and cat and mouse on the list. Players will also have to be careful not to impact traffic that they encounter on the road, and there will also be police in the game to avoid or evade.

We only had the opportunity to test out the game's actual racing for a short period of time, but everything seems responsive and fun. We also saw the Test Drive series' arcade-racing history. Engine sounds are appropriately punchy, you're able to drive off-road if you wish (although most of the vehicles in the game are high-end sports cars, thus often making this something of a bad idea), and the view distances are obviously much greater than those that you'll have experienced in this generation of racing titles.

Currently, Test Drive Unlimited is slated to be a launch title for the next-generation Xbox. If Atari can implement the features it's promising, it could shape up to be one of the must-have titles at launch for racing game aficionados. We'll have more coverage of the title during E3, so stay tuned.

In-game footage and more vids: http://www.gamespot.com/x360/driving/te ... media.html

ALL thanks to Gamespot!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nice find! Thanls for that 2furio! :D
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

No problemo. IGN has a similar preview but since it says the same information, I won't post it here.
The weird thing is, I can't find an official announcement or press release and because of this, I'm still keeping my hopes up that it will also be released on PC.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

who knows mabye it will after like 2 or 4 weeks of being out, theyll consider it

Return to “The Games”