PC Demo: MORE news

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

DisabledTrucker wrote: . Laptop models of these chipsets are not supported.

~ Smoothie [/code]
Does that mean it doesnt work on laptops even with the newest graphix card? :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It does often work on Laptops but they do not garentee it.
devil_gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: Wanna come here? u r always wellcome. da easiest way to get here is, if u jump off a cliff. yeh

Post by devil_gtr »

i m wondering when is it gonna come at bangladesh. lol
DisabledTrucker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DisabledTrucker »

It looks as if the demo will finally be released on Wednesday...from what can be extrapulated from the EA forums... According to Smoothie, who will be leaving Wed. evening for a two day trip, the demo wont be released on Friday, and it will be released before the 14th, which leaves only Tuesday since they don't work or release on weekend and it seems that he's the one to put it up there. So look for it sometime before he leaves for his trip Wed. the 9th. of November. The information is spread out among the site if anyone wants to look it up themselves, there are litterally 100's of posts to go through to find them all...

edited as I thought I was clear enough for everyone, changed where I had put game to demo to reflect what I was talking about more clearly for the children who can't figure out how to comprehend that the demo is a game as well. In fact just a shorter version of the full game which would be almost impossible to move up it's release date because of how things work in the industry. That would be unheard of that a full game was released a week prior to it's expected date...
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on 09 Nov 2005, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

DisabledTrucker wrote:It looks as if the demo will finally be released on Wednesday...from what can be extrapulated from the EA forums... According to Smoothie, who will be leaving Wed. evening for a two day trip, the game wont be released on Friday, and it will be released before the 14th, which leaves only Tuesday since they don't work or release on weekend and it seems that he's the one to put it up there. So look for it sometime before he leaves for his trip Wed. the 9th. of November. The information is spread out among the site if anyone wants to look it up themselves, there are litterally 100's of posts to go through to find them all...
The game will be released before the 14th?! Or do you mean demo?!
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

He means the demo, it'll be released before the 14th, more than likely later today or sometime tommorow, i also went through the EA threads, sum wack peeps are really posting there, pretty crazy anyway lets just hope smoothie is accurate with his info.Cuz i'm looking forward to it 2day.

*UPDATE*

I just checked EA forums and it seems smoothie made a new post, nice news but still no definate confirmation, what the hell is soon, very soon suppose to mean, if i've been practically hearing that this whole time.Just wish he could atleast clarify if it'll be released today or not, so i can know if i should give the forums a break.
Hey Peeps,

Being lazy, I'll repost from another thread:

----------------- ---
Okay, peeps. I can understand the frustration but here's the deal and why we've not given any date.

Truth is, it's changed a number of times. It was supposed to be Date A, then got moved to Date B, then Date C. After awhile, we simply go with a "week of".

That's the nature of the business. Things get developed, things get tested, and re-tested submissions made to CQC. Once they approve, it gets released to the public.

Problem is, sometimes one of those above processes takes longer than expected.

Is the demo later than what we originally planned? Sure. But this is just part of the job. I hate it, actually. It pains me to see all the threads begging and pleading for info and I hate not being able to give it to you. But if I did and it was wrong, the nightmare of crowd control is much, much worse. (Believe me, it happened to me last year on another game in which I actually thought I was going to get fired.)

So please don't take this personal, but I really love my job. So if it means dealing w/ threads like this or keeping my job, job wins. =)

But know this. We're in final preparations and are looking to have this file out soon, very soon. So again, thanks for your patience, and please sit back and relax.

Thx,

~ Smoothie

Return to “News”