Picture's Nintendo Revolution

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Picture's Nintendo Revolution

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

New Pic's off the Nintendo Revolution and Gameboy Micro.

Revolution:

Gameboy Micro:

Zelda Game:
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

revolution aint that bad a looker...but guess which 1 most pple would be saving their cash on? 8)...lol i mean if that top zelda pic is ingame, the ps2 could easily thrash it :lol:

micro looks really pointless....i bet its graphics performance isnt changed from GBA and the GBA SP is more compact and hence more "micro" than that
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

The new gamebody micro isn't a follow up for the DS but a substitut for the advance. The micro is smaller and it's weight is only 35gram, you can play all advance games on it and you have a better and brighterscreen. But a compleet spec list isn't posted yet on the web so if there is one i'll post it.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

At this poimt in time, it seems that Nintendo is digging their own grave.

Shame really . . . I like Nintendo :|
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

The competition is to big, they are going the same way as sega did years ago. (to bad i loved nintendo and sega i grew up with there consoles)
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

i would just like to take a step back and say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT"

Nintendo are not gonna go down like Sega did, they have been at the forefront of great innovations in the game industry. They have kept the specs of the console quiet, as that is not important for gaming. What have PS3 or Xbox gotto offer that's any different from their previous consoles? oh ye i almost forgot better graphics :roll: A game like GT is a perfecr example, i'm not dissing GT in any way whatsoever, hell i love the game, but GT5 ain't gonna be much different in gameplay compared to the last four GTs, except for better graphics.

And the only reason why Sega went down in the console market is becuase they lost money, and continuing to make the console, would mean even bigger losses. Now, unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo have never lost any money on thier consoles, in fact their the only ones who make any profit from selling their machines, considering the retail price compared to something like the Xbox that's quite impressive.

I bought a PS2 recently and i feel like i've wasited my money on it, cause i hardly ever play on it unless my mates come round then we just play pro evo or somat, it doesn't offer anything different in gameplay comapred to my PC.

Currently the only problem with Nintendo is the lack of games, but hopefully this will change with their revolutionary next-gen console, which i am just dying to see. I said this before I'll say it again, the furture of gaming isn't just grapchis....

but i guess we can only wait and see.....

i'm sorry for my sudden outburst here, but someone's gotta do it
Last edited by Sir Ibi on 18 May 2005, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

The Nintendo looks like PS2
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Twinturbo wrote:The Nintendo looks like PS2
IMO they all look-a-like: PS3, PS2, Xbox360, Nintendo Revolution. All very flat and small.
I think I will be buying the new xbox :P
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Poor Nentendo, poor poor Nentendo :lol: They're gonna go out of buis real soon :roll:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

why would nintendo go out of business.... they've not lost any money from N64 or GameCube, in fact they're the only company to make money from selling their consoles....
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

You say that GFX isn't everything . . . but it's still important.

If they combine great gameplay WITH great GFX, then they will do very well.
Why are they picking just ONE of those options? It's bloody stupid.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

well, ok i would agree that graphics does have a part to play in a good game. After all it won't be the same if these new games were still in 2D side scrollers. And i'm dismissing graphics as toatlly useless for a good game, i always enjoyed looking at athsetics of a game, like Far Cry.

I don't think the graphics on Nintendo Revoltuion would be cr@p niether would it keep up with the Xbox 360 or PS3 graphics. I have to say tho, this secretive thing that Nintendo are doing is driving me crazy, I hope they release some decent bit of info on the console dam soon....
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

i like nintendo too and they probaly come back by letting more games on for the console like GTASA or something. never know what nintendo will come up with
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

lol that zelda pic...

man Nintento should have stopped making Zelda when the NES was in stores.... the first one was funny... after that it went DONWHILL

played a zelda version (god knows wich one) on the cube but damn it sucked... it looked awfull, it was BORING as hell.

about the console... doesn't look bad... looks like a PS2 thats all
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Nintendo wrote: Big things to come in small package

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!
More!!!
Nintendo wrote: Each generation of video game consoles builds on the past to set new standards for the future. As the company with the strongest heritage of innovation, Nintendo redefines expectations for all next-gen systems by employing a wide-ranging strategy to attract more kinds of gamers to more kinds of games. When Nintendo’s new console, code-named Revolution, arrives in 2006, everyone will discover the meaning of All-Access Gaming.

"We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "With backward compatibility and the 'virtual console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power. It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great history of gaming."

Some of the system features that wowed the crowd at the Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles include:

The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it’s displayed vertically or horizontally.

Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution’s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.

The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world’s richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo’s newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.

Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game “masterpieces” as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.

"Our next console proves small in size but big on ideas," says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales & marketing. "We’re throwing open the doors of gaming to wider audiences, from casual players to hard-core gamers who live for the thrill of defeating an endless army of wireless opponents."

Nintendo's All-Access Gaming philosophy covers the spectrum. The next console fits anywhere. It brings together new games and old. It gives people worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And it opens the world of video games – to everyone. Software for the new console will even attract people who don’t consider themselves players. Adults, kids, men and women around the world will have access to the most popular video game characters, the best game franchises and the most engaging experiences yet developed – only with Nintendo.

Keep your browser pointed to http://www.nintendo.com for all the latest news on Revolution.

Sorry for the long post, i got a bit excited

if you want to look at the site, here it is http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?art ... page=other
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

WOOOOHOOOO!!!

They are not f***ing themselves over :D

I think the next generation of consoles will be very closely matched.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

yea but one thing, the Revolution may come out in 2006, missing the Christmas Holidays... bad idea on Nintendo's part. but lets hope its out this coming Winter Holidays so i can have all 3 systems!!! :lol:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well the console that are coming out this christmas is the Xbox 360, while the other two early 2006, and will probably come out in the UK like 20 years later, cause we always get things last, how depressing, i think i might migrate to Japan, just i can all the gagdgets when they get released over there.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Sir Ibi wrote: and will probably come out in the UK like 20 years later
ROFL :lol:

It looks as though Nintendo finally found a good desighner, for their new generation consoles.
I must say; I really do like the look of the GB SP, and the GB DS...and hopefully this one.

(Games are still rubbish though, but thats just me.)
^StephaNOS^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^StephaNOS^ »

It's beautifull for first time.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Why is everyone commenting on it's looks?

IT'S A PlAIN BLACK BOX.

:roll:
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote:Why is everyone commenting on it's looks?

IT'S A PlAIN BLACK BOX.

LOL.
This is one bi-i-i-ig step for the Nintendo consoles. They have moved-on from their poxy li'll purple machines, only now starting to realise what real style is.
...yes... a black box, with a blue light thingy! 8)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

finally we can say nintendo aint goin out like sega
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

i kinda feel real sad for Sega, cause the DreaCast was an awsome console, the first to have in built modem actually, but SEGA are better at games than anything else.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

yeah some of the best games for dreamcast were:
Jet Grind Radio
Tokyo Extreme Racer 1&2 also
Metropolis Street Racer

i still have Dreamcast but i dont play it that much as much as when it was popular for the short time and i also have those games

Return to “The Games”