Yesss! I'm finally online! Well nearly...

2003 Need for Speed Underground
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yesss! I'm finally online! Well nearly...

Post by GT3x24x7 »

... I finally bit the bullet and bought the broadband pack for my PS2, along with a kickass ADSL modem/router/firewall/switch so I can deliver the ADSL to the PS2 and PC simultaneously. All I gotta do is hook it up...

So, the question now is, what am I in for? I've already given it a crack with the PC demo, and had a blast I might add, not to mention doing pretty well - there was only two races I didn't win so i was chuffed wth that!

But I hear plenty of downsides about OLR - cheating, lag, dropouts etc. Anyone got some tips and tricks for tha n00b? :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

RACE... :D

choose a room with enoug players....enter 4 player games...
(good for online reputation you will climb faster in ranking and 1on1 is not a good way cause many will decline)

there are less/no cheaters in the non ranked races...

for lags... always check the connection for the players in a 4player if the color is green... don't cause their cars fly all over the map... and hit you.. you will crash and they will go on cause the where not officially there.... real irri...

good luck..
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That's just what I was looking for Stig, thk u m8!! Mebbe we should hook up - sleeper against ricer lolz :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Am already running NFS now... only have to go OL
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh like I say I have the hardware but it's still in boxes - I work with computers all day, at the end of the day I play with em, not work some more! figure I'll get around to hooking it together on the weekend...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

should have done the same m8
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

huh??
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

wait for the weekend... if I was working with comp... I would have done the same... think would rather play then do the same as your daily work...

but I also drive on the comp, pure to get rid of the agression I build up wheb working... always keep the right speed and doing everything by the book, especially when I am teaching someone who IMO can't drive and never will (still have to teach them... as long as they pay... ) I often think if I should say.... HIT the RIGHT PEDAL MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I play NFS to get rid of this frustrations... always works driving 200 MPH in heavy traffic...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

yeh - i figured that about you actually. something weird i always had the impression of driving instructors as old frowning buggers who never break a limit or change lanes without signalling - now i see you guys yearn for speed just as much as the punks you're teaching! lol!

i gotta agree i can't think of a more frustrating job than yours, must take a lot of patience and nerve sometimes. i know what i was like - my old mum flat out refused to get in a car with me again after the first few lessons!!! that was prolly for the best too :wink: still, that was looong time ago...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Can be frustrating sometimes... but there ar also the students who just have it in them... and don't have to worry in the car that they are not scratching the rims on the sidewalk are ru over people who trie to cross the street...
BTW changed my alloy rims for steel ones with wheel caps.... so I don't have to worry about scratches on them... sometimes have to look for the caps though... find them next to the street... :D
Most of the intructor I kno are not old (most of them always follow the rules...

I driving intructor (female btw) had the same style as I did... always patient but she hit the gas as soon as he was going home... she told me that... pure to get rid of the frustrations.. many do... do it also but to keep the speeding tickets to a minimum (none till now JEEEEEEEEJ) I race on my little comp....

OK back to NFS topic... :D before someone else is complaining...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol - fair enuff!

Can u explain diff between ranked/unranked races? one counts toward your world ranking, one doesn't - is that it?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yep that's it....

ranked you get reputation points everytime you win.. it's 10% of the total anount of the oponents points.
And loose points if you loose a race 3 place 5% of you points and 4th place 10% of your points, 2nd place play even...

1on1 is 10% of his points if you win, loose 10% of you points if you loose

you will start with 100 points and it can't get lower, so loose the first race you play even...

BTW don't challenge HIGH rep racers... aslong as your rep is low... they ignore you and some fools are even irritated by it...

I have a rep of 200.000 now in circuit and 254.000 in Drift, my world rank is around the 2000th place... :?

UNranked games are just about racing not more not less...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

BTW your NFS unlimited Post ranking is 25th place... not bad eh... from more then 3000 members....

Mine is 13th place just climbed one place sinds yesterday...:D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

gr8 m8, thanks for the info - real helpful. where do I go to check that post ranking? can't seem to find it...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

oh, it's ok - found it!!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

see you just got ranked...

Do I get on a cover when I am on the 10th spot??? :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol :lol: you should dude - bobyx, somebody, anybody, can you sort this for the guy?!?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Found a new mission.... 10th spot!!!!

And I will get it!

(not gonna spam don't be afraid..)

to bad comments don't count!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

hmm, another 80 or so posts required - what's that, about a week's worth, so long as the guys above yuo don't post at all... ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

never seen them post... must be go for some time now... 8) :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

On topic - is there much of a chance to get a look at ppls rides ol, or is it just like in the demo, you only see 'em as theline up, and then in the rearview :wink:
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

congrats mate :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

yeh cheers abrams - hope to whup ur bumbum sometime!! (or the other way around - who cares really, as long as it's fun!!)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

ps - go check ur eclipse ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yep you can fully see their rides (most of them are pure FUGLY) and other stats of their cars and their race stats
can view them just like your own :lol:

Return to “Underground”