Official Showroom Downvoting&Upvoting Report Topic

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

This is not a topic for those, please stay on topic.
I didn't do anything with your car, most probably it was edited and deleted.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

i think my SX got a dv it went from 1st place to 3rd

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=24949
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

it can't be... if it were then it should be in the hudreds right now.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:i think my SX got a dv it went from 1st place to 3rd

I hope you're joking.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

ok this time now it got a dv. it went from 37 to 558
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

it wasn't downwoted, even i can see that. macdaddy gave you 5 and that caused the drop
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

but i wonder what was the reason for that...oh well

EDIT:im sorry but my rank keeps going up now its 1025 from 599 and 37 and their are 10 comments and 13 votes
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Dude, your car will most probably be downvoted if it falls ATLEAST 1000 ranks. Ofcourse, it depends on the number of votes. So please report that if you ever get it.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

S2K, don't panic dude. most of my cars are 500+ and i'm not complaining. and imo they should be better ranked, but there's nothing you can do. there are many cars with the same rates, so if you rate one car an 8 it can drop 100 places ;)

and sadly edited cars get most of the atention. Dragster, you shouldn't accept those kind of cars. ;) and then you have a hands full of job with deleting them
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Just be happy people actually vote your cars.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

jemc wrote:Dragster, you shouldn't accept those kind of cars. ;) and then you have a hands full of job with deleting them
Actually, if I accept an edited car that wasn't on purpouse... It's more difficult to spot a small edit before then after, trust me.
I know what I'm doing. :wink:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i know that you know what you're doing. :wink: but in the past some heavy edited cars were accepted and you could spot the edited parts miles away
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

In the past. I'm giving my best...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

jemc wrote:S2K, don't panic dude. most of my cars are 500+ and i'm not complaining. and imo they should be better ranked, but there's nothing you can do. there are many cars with the same rates, so if you rate one car an 8 it can drop 100 places ;)

and sadly edited cars get most of the atention. Dragster, you shouldn't accept those kind of cars. ;) and then you have a hands full of job with deleting them
ok *stops ventalating and shakeing* :lol:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

is ^Speed12^ a upvoter??

His favorite phrase:
^Speed 12^ wrote:nice, 10 8)
Seahawk_7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Seahawk_7 »

you might have noticed that lately garages suddenly disapear...

it could be the big bad aliens took them... or it could be that they where wiped by staffmembers on this site..

guess what... it is the second option!

a while ago we often went hunting for upvoters and people with multiple accounts and after a while the showroom became peacefull again

but lately the amount of upvoting grew again!

so it is time for action again...

if we detect upvoting you will be warned and your votes will be deleted so you can start over again! we don't accept a 70% 10 votes!
we will follow your voting from that point on more closely if we still find you voting a majority of 10's (70% or more) you will be BANNED!
Alright i have a major problem with this because I porbably give at least if not more than 70% 10's. I have a voting system. And it works like this.

If you car has nothing wrong with it and it isn't a "plain" car then I give a ten!
If there is something wrong I remove points based on what it is.
-1 point for each of the follow: Fb, rb, ss, hood, wing;
-0.5 for the following so you must have two of these things wrong with you car to go from 10 to 9, for example. list is: Head lights, tail lights, rims, vinyls, and rim color.
And finlly somethings can make my vote go up like exceptionaly things.

their are exceptions where i will vote lower or where i am not sure whether something fits so i vote what i feel is right. but i vote everyone the same. and i vote consistently the same way. Think of what your doing like this:

Lets pretend that the Admins and Mods are the "rule setters" for the judges at the Olympics (how many of you watched the olympics and cheared you country on? some of you i hope.) Imagine now that the voters on this site are the judges for the diving competition ok everyone with me.

Admins=Rule setters for judges
voters=Judges

Now you RARLY see any points under 8.5 if you do there was a major mistake on the divers part. Most of the judges give between 9 and 10. every diver starts with a 10 and with every mistake points are taken away. Do you see what i am getting at?

If there is nothing wrong with a car why give it less than 10. I vote just like the judges at the olympics,should the judges at the olympics stop judging high? instead of adding points i start from ten and subtract points. so you are going to ban people for judging high. Do the olymipic judges vote wrong then? everyone has their own opinion on how to vote just like everyone has their own opinion on how to build a car. If you are going to force me to make my votes lower more often then you are no better than a dictatorship your just doing it online and with out a government or a country.
Fa||eN
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Fa||eN »

Calm down man, this isnt the olympics, its just cars from a video game.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Your voting system is bad.

Olympic dudes are the best of the best. They all deserve marks from 8.8 to 10.0 So there is no comparison. Only some dozens of dudes among a [insert number] millions of inhabitants are chosen to participate in there. They're the elite.
Imagine whoever of us goes there and participate in the Games. Well, I personally would be given a 1.1 in certain games lol.

Oh talking about Olympic games, copy my signature for a day please ^_^
Tomorrow we'll see what of the candidates (NY, Moscow, Paris, London, Madrid) is the chosen :D
Seahawk_7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Seahawk_7 »

It was just a comparision showing how they vote and how they start with the highest possible score and go down from there that is all. Shouldn't i be able to vote like that without having to worry about being kicked out because most of my votes are high?

If my voting system is bad how come it works for good enough for the whole world?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

It might work well "in the world", but here no. This is a RATING system, much closer to school grades then sports points. That is, a "bell curve" of sorts should exist.

Meaning most of the votes given should be "average" and only a minority of votes should be top/bottom. If you feel that most cars you see only have few flaws, then that's your AVERAGE scale (give them 6 or 7). Now, true, NO ONE does it quite like this (including myself). I'm pretty sure the average rating is somewhere between 8 and 9. But atleast ten votes should be a minority. If everyone would vote like you do the ratings would be extremely biased toward 9-10 rating. That was the case a while back which lead to full vote reset. Things haven't changed that much after that either, I think. The ratings are still biased to good/very good...

System is flawed, no doubt, and partly just because of these different ideals of how votes are given. Both ways of voting would work ok if everyone would vote the same way. Unfortunately that seems to be too much to ask...
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Whoa :shock: . I just lost a vote, for both of my cars. Is this from people who's accounts have been deactivated?
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Most likely. Though there are users whose votes were just removed, no deactivation.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

0_o...I think you are correct about the deactivation. I tried a search on the guy who's votes were removed, and I found nothing. (Which Is lucky for me, because I think they were low points :lol: ) They must have been deactivated.
Surf'sUP^

Post by Surf'sUP^ »

look at this don't you think it's a little odd that this car has 25 guest votes i mean come one the average amount of guest votes is about 4-5 this is outrageous

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /view/1539
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

What the hecks...
We can't trace guest votes though...
Thanks for reporting!

Return to “The Showroom”