IGN's NFSMW Hands-On

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

IGN's NFSMW Hands-On

Post by Bojan »

A while ago IGN got a chance to play Need for Speed Most Wanted on EA's Hot Summer Nights event. Here are some of the more interesting quote:
We learned there are at least 40 cars in NFS: Most Wanted, including models from Porsche (including the new Camen S), Mazda (RX8), Toyota, Chevy (Corvette), Ford (Mustang, GT), Lamborghini, Cadillac, BMW (GT4), and Volkswagen, to name a few. The game will not include SUVs, and there won't be any Ferraris in it either.
The key addition to NFS Most Wanted is a kind of Bullet Time effect. By pressing a single button, you slow down time enabling you to skillfully and carefully navigate tough turns, harrying moments, or near-collisions with cops or giant semi trucks.
Dozens of cops chase after you...They start by calmly driving alongside your vehicle, but as you continue to speed, they increasingly grow aggressive, until they're ramming, strafing, and speeding head-first into your car. They will drive in front of you and try to tip you, and they'll clamor about you, surrounding the vehicle, in the attempt to drive you into a stationery object, like a tree, brick wall, or cement post.
Plenty of other interesting facts are available in the article so be sure to take a look.

IGN's NFSMW Hands-On
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

Mosted Wanted is gonna rock. 8)
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

Agree 8)

/me wants Most Wanted now
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

hmmm Bullet-time :? Ok so the rest of the game sounds GREAT! but bullet-time, sounds like a cheap gimmic to me...
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Aww i want it now. It sounds great. A load of cops chasing you. I just want it now. Knowing more about the game makes me more excited. I WANT IT NOW!
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Sir Ibi wrote:hmmm Bullet-time :? Ok so the rest of the game sounds GREAT! but bullet-time, sounds like a cheap gimmic to me...
they used it in the preview videos and it looked very well intigrated when making a split second decision like driving under the semi or taking a hairpin turn, this would help especially if you tend to spinout on a hard corner with 8 cops chasing you :?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

As EA have said before, this game is v ery Hollywood style. That's why they used the time bullet thingy. Some Hollywood action films use that effect to during an intense chase. :D
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I can see how bullet-time might look good in replays and what not, but its just sad gimmick. Bullet-time has no place in a racing game.

Let tell you a little story. One of my lecturers used to work for a games company and they were in the middle of developing the BattleStar Galactica game. One of the execs from the Publisher who has never played a game in his life, for the first time played Metal Gear Solid, which he thought was amazing. He then suggested to the development company, that it would be cool to add some sort of stealth gameplay (like in MGS) to Battlestar Galactica. The development team was absolulty pissed, but they couldn't really disagree with the publishers as they could risk losing the deal, and project for this game may have fall through, but taking the publishers advice, may also ruin the game.

I think that a similar situation may have occured during development, where one old exec dude in a suit from EA, was playing Max Payne or somat, and though, "hey it would be cool to add Bullet-Time in this game"....... I think they should've have not wasted their time on stupid gimmick, and just concentrate on the main gameplay.
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

no ferraris!? :(
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Unfortunately, not this time... :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but then again I don't trust anything IGN says.... if you can't even type a few car names rigt... how can in earth am I supposed to believe them
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Bullet Time is a rip off of MC3..... i think...:?
All of this sounds good but we just have to wait for a demo or for the full version to come out...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:but then again I don't trust anything IGN says.... if you can't even type a few car names rigt... how can in earth am I supposed to believe them
Well they gave the right info about the car list for NFSU2, so I think I still can rely on them for informations on MW. :P

Return to “News”