NFSMW Players reviews

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Vinyl, Mirrors, Hood, and Roof scoop are sht.

All else is nice.
korge
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

mirrors are not changeable in most wanted
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Janx14 wrote:mirrors are not changeable in most wanted
NOT???

But its ok their not that affective... :)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I can't post a review yet, I've only played it about 2 days. In a week I'll post it. :D (But it won't be low :P)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Damn, I was supposed to get the PC BE edition today from a friend who works at a local Future Shop (since he works there, he can get it cheaper) but due to unfortunate circumstances, he was unable to get it and I must wait until Monday. Damn...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

How about keeping the thread only to reviews.

All the useless junk in here makes it impossible to read.
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

Graphics: Near perfect on my settings. The cars look real and the roads look amazing.
Sound: Brilliant I love the music and the sound of the engines is great
Storyline:Like every game I play I am not really interested in the storyline because most games have corny storylines. But the storyline is far better than any of the other NFS releases.
Cars: There could be alot more but since they got rid of the horrid SUV's I guess the number is better :).

This is my RX7 which runs fairly fast and handles great. Sorry but no vinyls I think they make the car look to toyish :)[/img]
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

:shock: Wow, it looks better like this anyway.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
pc25
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pc25 »

much better rx7 & that Gallardo...

WOWWWW... i really like it.
Torbin
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSMW Players reviews

Post by Torbin »

- graphics (9/10)

They did a great job on the eye candy, as usual. However, they don't let you turn off certain aspects of the eye candy, it's either all or none. For example, I hate the motion blur as it only distracts you from seeing what's in front of you when you're traveling 100+MPH. But in order to turn off the motion blur, I also have to give up the awesome "Police Saw You" Cinematic. Also, anything less than full texture filtering will make the skybox look hideously ugly. Vehichle damage is only mearly cosmetic and resets each new race or chop shop visit.

- sounds (8/10)

Same sounds as NFSUG2, nothing too impressive, but the engines still roar. Which is good I guess.

- storyline

Interesting, but... not really. Eventually it just feels like the underground stories... where you just want the voice acting to stop so you can get on with racing. The intro was pretty clever, but I hate not being in control... I still should have been able to smoke Razor if I was playing my cards right.

- cars, vinyls, tracks

Finally, they put a BMW in the underground series! But, Gah... the Vinyls look horrid compared to the rest of the game. It looks like they just slapped in the old UG1&2 Vinyls and never bothered fixing the quality.

The Tracks were some of my biggest complaints about MW. In general they look good, but they're laid out like a preschooler drew the road. Sharp turns are fun and all, but too many and it's no longer Need for Speed, it's Need for Steering (which I'll get into later).

- online playing

I havn't played online yet... not really planning on it.

- entertaining factor

Running from Cops can be exhilirating, but eventually you kinda just wish they'd lay off so you can move on. The visual candy will have you drooling over much of the landscape for a few hours, but then it just turns into background scenery.

- Controls

This is my biggest gripe about the game. The Controls were aweful. Your car was a magnet to the side rails in almost every race. Even if you lined yourself up perfectly, eventually for some reason your car would find its way into a wall, and then you spin out uncontrolably. I found turning in the game to be very inconsitant also. Now mind you I'm using a gamepad, not a wheel, so it may be different, but for some reason, you'd turn on a dime one second, and the next your car would moan and refuse turning at all.

Driving in Automatic mode also went down hill. Not sure if this was to get people to stop driving in automatic or what-not... but there are numerous times I'm sitting in frustraition waiting for the stupic Automatic transmission to shiift down or up. In real life, you could force the car into gear shifting, in MW, you're forced to grind your teeth and bare it which is frustrating when you're in a neck to neck race against an infalable computer opponent.

And the last gripe, they reinstaded the "catch up" mode they had in UG1. I hate when the computer has all the resources to cheat to be ahead, and I'm stuck with the normal game mechanics.

Overall, I feel they left a ton out, and put little in to make up for thier mistakes they made in UG2.

I'd give this game a 75% at most
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Awesome! Very sexy RX-7 you got there! :)

Here are some of my cars:

korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

This is the wrong place to put your pics. you might want to place them in the Screenshots thread.
korge
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Graphics: great, but everything is way too shiny and no variety whatsoever in locations
Sound: lame
Storyline: who was stupid enough to try to make a story for this game?
Cars, vinyls, tracks: Cars, vinyls are fine. Tracks..no variety.
Online: haven't tried it.
Entertainment: Sorry, but I wasn't very entertained :) This is basically Underground 2 with cops. Nothing like the old Hot Pursuit games. Go back to the old NFS style, EA.

70%
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFSMW Players reviews

Post by WonkaVW »

Graphics: Vehicle and UI graphics seem a lot better than the past, however the world graphics still seem rather washed out and low resoultion. The application of HDR is also a bit too much. 7/10.

Sounds: No complaints from me. The cars sound very prototypical and it really sounds good on a 5.1 setup with a good sound card. Very immersive atmosphere, the cop chatter is quite realistic. 9/10

Storyline: So far (I'm on blacklist #13) the storyline seems pretty good. The cinematics are a lot better than the comic style of NFSU2. Josie Maran is also insanely hot. Thats always a plus. 8/10

Cars/Vinyls/Tracks: So far the car selection is very good. I think the Audi's are represented a little too much however, so are the Porsche's. An Audi A3 and TT would of been fine, like NFSU2. The vinyls seem alright, but then I never really focussed on that part of the game anyway. Tracks are alright, nothing better or worse than NFSU2 however. The game world is quite an improvement over NFSU2. 7/10

Online Play: Haven't really used this feature as I'm not all that interested. Can't review it.

Entertainment factor: Well, I've been having quite a bit of fun with it so far. More than NFSU2. The race to unlock new parts and the excitement of installing them, tuning them and seeing how they transform your car's performance/looks is always very interesting. It got a lot better with this edition of Need for Speed. 9/10

Overall I'd give the game an 8/10. For the most part its leaps and bounds better than previous titles in the series, but it has some small weaknesses. Worth the money very much so, I'm sure it will get lots of play hours.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

slaer07 wrote:Awesome! Very sexy RX-7 you got there! :)

may I just say that you killed these cars. :roll: :oops:
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I just got it today and it is amazing.... I will write a full review of the game sooner or later :D
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

may I just say that you killed these cars. :roll: :oops:
And how would that be? :roll:
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

Thanks hopefully i'll see your online so we can race these cars out :D
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

the porsche needs a spoiler and it will be perfect, the benz looks great as it is and the gallardo is ok... but i dont like the RX8 so much
Li1_aZn_k1d
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Li1_aZn_k1d »

I FINISHED THE GAME IT WAS SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

Li1_aZn_k1d wrote:I FINISHED THE GAME IT WAS SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!
good for you.............................................................
Li1_aZn_k1d
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Li1_aZn_k1d »

who beat itt already?
corvyz6
Drift King
Drift King

Post by corvyz6 »

u probally! i'm at #11(Big LOU) i've progresseed all the way there in 5 hours! which i think is now bad at all!
lyn_guy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lyn_guy »

the game is easy and i'm halfway through. So far I love it.. the best nfs ever :!:
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

hey what pogram are u using 2 get those pics nice like the gallardo u get the hole car perfectly im using photoshop and when im done with copying and pasting it all looks like crap :(

Return to “Most Wanted”