What laptop to get for NFSMW?

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
RiceDie
Ricer
Ricer

What laptop to get for NFSMW?

Post by RiceDie »

Well my Acer Ferrari 3200 doesnt do it for me anymore

Acer Ferrari 4005 WLMI X700 128Mb (256bit AFAIK)

Acer Aspire 1696WLMi X700 256Mb (128 or 256bit) anyone know?

Dell Inspiron 9300 GF6800 256Mb

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO M-3438G GF6800 256Mb

X700 128Mb and 256Mb is the bit of the memory the same

Will the 6800 be better choice?

my budget is $2700+ about in my country expensive WLMI costs $2700
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

you cant buy a desktop?

Well anyone with a good processor and a 6800 is pretty good. you can wait a while and get one that has a 7800 in it in a few months, if you can wait that long :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Dell Inspiron 9300 GF6800 256Mb
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

EA wrote:DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card. *Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/GTS or greater, ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; Intel 950/i915g; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro. Laptop models of these chipsets are not supported.
:?
korge
RiceDie
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RiceDie »

Yeah i can get a desktop but i odnt have enough space in my current house, when i finish building my house then i will get desktop cant wait i hate lpatops as primary PC's they dont cut it :(
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

What's wrong dude ur laptop is just fine I would be so happy if I had one of these...

NFS:MW should run at 1024x768 easily looking at the specs. If it really runs that bad you should reinstall that thing and make sure you don't install crap on it.

And if you want a real gaming rig, do what Cpt.Razkit said and buy a proper desktop, you can build an awesome gaming-rig with that budget. I just think it would be a waste of money to buy a new laptop already. :roll:
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Your Acer Ferrari doesn't do it for you? :O!

Well I have an Acer Aspire AS2012WLMi; 1.5 GHz Banias, 512MB Ram, Radeon Mobilitiy 9700 64MB graphics card and it runs well :).
RiceDie
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RiceDie »

I got the Acer Ferrari 4005, well its okish, my system is clean no bs on it games latest drivers updated etc... and my laptops dont get connected to inet its just im used to desktops so laptops suck at their performance thats why i change em freqentlly.
supermorph
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supermorph »

mynes almost half that spec and i get great performance,
you should really upgrade the ram and swap file size, then u can run quicker at the games

i only got an x200 in myne so it goes to show, its only the ms os and the ram holding u back really.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

I got an alienware area51m-7700 laptop
specs:
2 P4s @ 3.6ghz each And i don't mean dual core, it really got two in there :wink:
256mb Nvidia 6800 go gt
2.5 gb ram
300gb hard drive dual
2 dvdrw drives
audigy 2 sound card

this baby is sweet :D
was trying to see if i can get dual gpu's but they said they can't do that as yet.....can't wait for that one, and i run nfsmw at 1600x1200 32bit with all the graphics up, runs great on there :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

SparcoPusher wrote:I got an alienware area51m-7700 laptop
specs:
2 P4s @ 3.6ghz each And i don't mean dual core, it really got two in there :wink:
256mb Nvidia 6800 go gt
2.5 gb ram
300gb hard drive dual
2 dvdrw drives
audigy 2 sound card

this baby is sweet :D
was trying to see if i can get dual gpu's but they said they can't do that as yet.....can't wait for that one, and i run nfsmw at 1600x1200 32bit with all the graphics up, runs great on there :)
You can't have 2 CPUs in a laptop...it's either dual core or not, 2 dvd-rw drives...suuuure. :roll:
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

hmmmm, well, according to my purchase inventory, it says that i purchased 2 physical processors, but i could be wrong, maybe it really is dual core, but the damn thing is sweet, and yes, two dvd-rw drives!
_NEC DVD+RW ND-6650A <<<two of those, look them up if ya want the info on em
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

You must be kidding. That can't possible be a laptop... An impressive desktop PC, perhaps.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_P ... KU-DEFAULT

check that out if you don't believe me, they different offers that they offer for configurations change from time to time, but you can definitely have 2 dvd-rw drives on a laptop :D

by the way, i was talking to one of their *representatives* and she said that they are working on having 2 physical processors on their new line of laptops when the p5 comes out :? don't know about that, i never heard any news on a p5 coming out, so who knows :roll: :shock:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I only see singlecores.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

like i said, what they offer change from time to time, look around on the site, the amd version might have dual core
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Yes, they have. But those aren't 2 seperate CPUs. It's 2 cores dumped on one socket.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

SparcoPusher wrote:hmmmm, well, according to my purchase inventory, it says that i purchased 2 physical processors, but i could be wrong, maybe it really is dual core, but the damn thing is sweet, and yes, two dvd-rw drives!
_NEC DVD+RW ND-6650A <<<two of those, look them up if ya want the info on em

corrected myself right there, after i got off the phone with them :D .....or didn't you read it :roll: :? :lol:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Quote from the site:

"Intel® Pentium® 4 660 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.6GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB"

It's not two-processors, or even dual-core. It's just a regular P4 with HyperThreading enabled (which sort of emulates two processors on a single core, looks like two on the OS though).

What the heck for do you need dual DVDRWs anyway? You are copying that much stuff you can't wait for HDD image creation in between?

Impressive machine no doubt, but I wouldn't really call it a laptop, must weigh a ton with dual harddrives, dual dvdrws, big screen casing etc. Not to mention battery life with all that crap bolted on. Portable is more like it...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Ye, a notebook like that will be a hefty piece of kit to carry around not to mention a potential target for theives. And using it anywhere else where there is no where to plug it in will drain the battery in no time.

So a notebook like that, will more then likely stay at home plugged in to the mains, in which case a desktop with similar specs will be a lot more cheaper. And you won't have to bend your head at an uncomfortable angle just look at the monitor whilst typing on a small keypad.

The only useful way you could use a laptop like that if you didn't have any space for a regular desktop. In short a waste of money :|
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

well, it's actually not heavy, and yes, i do burn alot of stuff, and i hate emulation software, although they are faster when it comes to installing games, but, hey, i had the money, plus i had not bought myself something *big* in a long time, lol
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Well, wouldn't one DVDRW have been enough? I don't think you can burn two disks at once...

Just out of curiosity, how much does it weigh?
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

like i said, i had the money to afford it, and i really just wanted something *outlandish* :oops: :D hmmm, weight, *checks* a wopping 9.7 pounds :shock: hmmm, doesn't seem that heavy to me, i don't mind the weight.......and yeah, i don't got enough space for a destop in my dorm, too small :x :?
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

by the way, about burning two discs at once, i can
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

9.7, not too bad. Almost twice what a "regular" laptop weighs, but tolerable.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”