NFS:MW problem sound & res

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
RiceDie
Ricer
Ricer

NFS:MW problem sound & res

Post by RiceDie »

Hi guys i got a problem with the sound in NFSMW BE 1.2, after a while of playing i get crackaling sound and my music sometimes just fast forwards really crazy the sound tracks, then like after 10 min in can go back to normal then again it can start fast forwading the music :S if i disable music then oviouslly it works ok but then the crackaling comes back on and off, u know whehn sound card over heats i had that problem on my nF2 board untill i added a better cooler for d sound card it went away the crackaling, but right now my primary pc is a laptop :S Ferrari 4005
CPU AMD Turion ML-37
1Gb 333 Ram
Card X700 128Mb (5.11 desktop catalysts moded for X700)
Realtech sound card

The laptop is new like 4 days old i reinstalled a newer sound driver that didnt help the problem happens even when laptop was like runing for like 10 min so its not a heat problem Quake 4 works ok but i havent oplayed that long like ai play NFSMW

What i think it might be is the retarded Anti-Piracy scheme that comes with NFSMW SafeDisk it plays around with your systems OS priority which can cause your PC to freeze or even become unstable, i use a no-cd as im forced to i dont like to use CD drive more often then i should since its a laptop and the drives are more fragile and have less life time then big pc's so i rather keep it healthy, here is a thread people ranting about safe disk http://sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183527&page=2

well anyone have same problem like me even the police spech sometimes fast forwards like crazy and the scenes in between the games sometime fast forward too :S
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

what kind of RealTec soundcard is it? and do you have hardware acceleration enabled on it? try to lower hardware acceleration settings if they're enabled.
RiceDie
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RiceDie »

Ok ill try lower HA i think im gona format my system though cause as usual preinstalled windows on laptops comes with so much garbage, do a cleanm install and install all latest drivers that i can get on Acer's site maybe that ill help...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

also you might want to defragment your hard drive and run scandisk on it as well. it might help

Return to “Help & Support”