What's the best Car? :D

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i just got the SLR today... its really good but i kept it as a sleeper... all i changed is the window tint, the rims and i put a decal on the front and rear window.
But it goes really good. i think the SL500 in the game has been done way to good. its the second best in the game and i think that shouldnt have been done. dont get me wrong, i love the car but it shouldnt be better than the SLR.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

there is no such thing as a SLR sleeper!!! 600BHP stock!!!
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

@ fadeproof

agree with that, the SLR is the most expensive car, it should have been better...
i got that car too instead of the porsche, only the porsche is 20000 cheaper and it's faster :s

and the sl500 is car nr 12 and it's even faster then the slr, that's indeed not good :)
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i agree with you.

@GINIX_2007 - a sleeper is not based on performance, its based on looks. a sleeper is a car that looks stock but goes really fast.
So by only putting a decal, window tint and rims on it, its a sleeper
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

Kid Cro wrote:You would not race in SLR or SL65 AMG??? :?
Ok! :)
i aint going to get my Sl500 AMG dirty in real life....or even a scratch!...lol its a car to cruise and show off lol. I would buy it for the looks and not its performance.. Do you know how much it is to repair a merc? and its insurance....its so expensive that you woudn't want to sacrifice it for racing...you must be mad to race in one......

i mean for racing...my RX7 does its job. Not a SL500 lol.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

The Flying Dragon wrote:
i aint going to get my Sl500 AMG dirty in real life....or even a scratch!...lol its a car to cruise and show off lol. I would buy it for the looks and not its performance.. Do you know how much it is to repair a merc? and its insurance....its so expensive that you woudn't want to sacrifice it for racing...you must be mad to race in one......

If you have a real Merc lets see some pictures.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

James31278 wrote:

Yes I know how much money is to repair a Merc. :wink: Coz I drive one.
The Flying Dragon wrote:If you have a real Merc lets see some pictures.
No problem! I will post it here or you wanna some special location to post.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Kid Cro wrote:
James31278 wrote:

Yes I know how much money is to repair a Merc. :wink: Coz I drive one.
The Flying Dragon wrote:If you have a real Merc lets see some pictures.
No problem! I will post it here or you wanna some special location to post.
Flying dragon said he had one but if you allegedly do lets see it. He said an SL500 lol.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

I think Flying Dragon was talking hypothetically.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

BTW Flying Dragon a SL500 AMG does not exist

there are 2 SL's that have a AMG badge and those are:

SL55 and the SL65

The SL55 has 500 bhp (368 kW) and 700 Nm torque
The SL65 has 612 bhp (450 kW) and 999 Nm torque wich is ALOT!
The SL500 has 306 pk (225 kW) and 460 Nm torque
The SL600 has 500 pk (368 kW) and 800 Nm torque

The SL55 has a 5.5 ltr V8
The SL65 has a 6.5 ltr V12
The SL500 has a 5.0 ltr V8
The SL600 has a 6.0 ltr V12

The AMG version can all be recognized by the double number oposite to the triple number normal versions.

I still wonder why EA put in the normal versions and a AMG version as single race only... weird,
Why didn't they just put in the SL65 as career car (but then abit later in the career put a big price tag on it like the other mercs and tada. same goes for the CLK why not a CL65 or a CLK55

Btw even the high powered mercs are not great track racers cause of their weight and stuff:

here are some topgear track comparisons with mercs:

Volkswagen Golf R32 1.33.2
Mercedes SL 55 AMG 1.33.2

Mitsubishi Evo VIII 1.28.9
Porsche 911 Carrera S 1.28.9
Mercedes CL65 1.29
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well Merc is keeping well with that racers.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

i mean I'm JUST sayin in THEORY that IF i have a SL500 in real life( not amg not..since TheStige some merc lecture) now I'm very confused as to which merc i like....i did some research and you are all right...maybe im the silly person here lol. :lol: :oops:

OK..I like SL55 AMG...one with AMG multi spoke alloys, and got some black roof thing... o.o well since UK ONLY does SL55 AMG and not SL65 AMG...so the highest range I can get in the UK is SL55 AMG...

I don't owe one, I'm only 19...but sorry if i got confusing..lol apologies
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Kid Cro wrote:Well Merc is keeping well with that racers.
uuh doing well???

The Volkswagen golf has half the horsepower and is a sports hatchback, it is NOT a racer.

same for the CL65 it has a 600+ 6.5ltr V12 engine and is beaten by a 280 bhp 4 door 4 banger :wink:

I personally don't consider the EVO and the GOLF race cars.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Me too but they are closer to term racers than merc. Dont you think so?
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Hesselaar »

i've done some little testing.
i took some speedtraps and raced them with possible best cars ;)
after this the Porsche Carrera GT came out best.
The Gallardo did good too tho.
But 1 car really suprised me: The Lotus Elise.
It was almost as good as the carrera gt !
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well you cannot judge by your test coz it might be that you drived some car better and get better score. :wink:
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

overall i think the SLR is the best car. When i first got it i was dissappionted with its peoformance and i still do think that it should have been better but i think it is the smoothest car to drive in the game and its top speed it good. i got mine up to 237MPH, and that is the fastest ive gone. the second being 226 in the gallardo.
im in the process of doing up the 911 Carerra s, and i think that wil be a really good car but i doubt itll be better than the SLR.

none of my cars have the unique performance parts in them so they all could go better, but when i was playin through the game i didnt choose performance upgrades when i beat the blacklist guys, but i wish i did.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I manage to push my golf to 389 km/h.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

i did 225 in my Sl500 lol...
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

That would be around 360km/h what is poor comparing to my golf.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i put a junkman supercharger in my SLR just before so im guessing the top speed will go from 237MPH to around 241MPH.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well still poor comparing to my golf. Taking in case that SLR in exotic and much powerfull than golf.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

that logic does not aply in this game.. it does not matter how much the car is stockwise.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

ok guys, personally, I've come to a conclusion for the best online car:

First I drove the Carrera, after that the Lotus Elise. Imho it drives better than the carrera, and it felt like a bomb on wheels! It gets good topspeeds, accellerates fast, and is incredibly manouvrable.

But that was b/4 I gave the M3 a try... that thing has everything I got out of the Elise and more! It has even higher topspeeds (in-race Graypoint trk on the straight: Elise 222 mph, M3 240 mph :0), accelerates even faster, and handles fairly well. No, it does not corner like the Elise but that is prolly cuz it's just faster. But, Camden Tunnel, 1st corner: shifting back to 1st gear on entering is just as smooth as the Elise! The biggest advantage is the weight of the car! Driving the Elise u find urself avoiding curbs, grass, mud, not even mentioning trees orso. Curbs filp u over, grass and mud spins u around. The M3 is much heavier, curbs? What curb! Trees? Where? Shortcuts w/ lots of objects r no problem for the M3. A big difference b/w the Elise and the M3 is the gearbox! The Elise drives more in the lower gears than the M3, but that, again, is prolly cuz its just more powerful. Orso... ;) Laptimes improved on the 1st try, in-race, w/ 2 or 3 seconds!

So, until this moment, the M3 is the best online car :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Mm, nice little review there Bauke. Gonna give the M3 another look.. :)

Return to “Most Wanted”