NFS Most Wanted Bugs

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
James31278
Banned

NFS Most Wanted Bugs

Post by James31278 »

Does anyone keep getting a "pure function call" error message?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Not me anyway. Never got any error messages or even experienced a crash with MW (yet, knock on wood).
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I had an error once every now and then, which always happens during an extremely long pursuit chase. This is the error if you're curious to know:

Fortunately for me, I haven't had this error since last week, not sure why, but I hope that it will continue this way, it's much better. But I do know that others too are having this problem, I'm not the only one. Tried going to EA's website to find solutions, but there wasn't any. I hope this error would be fixed soon.

But as far as your case is concerned, I never ocurred any error which comes as close as yours.
blown_engine
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blown_engine »

Andre_online wrote:I had an error once every now and then, which always happens during an extremely long pursuit chase. This is the error if you're curious to know:

Fortunately for me, I haven't had this error since last week, not sure why, but I hope that it will continue this way, it's much better. But I do know that others too are having this problem, I'm not the only one. Tried going to EA's website to find solutions, but there wasn't any. I hope this error would be fixed soon.

But as far as your case is concerned, I never ocurred any error which comes as close as yours.
Yeah andre, i remember i caught this error when i was doing the pursuit mode in demo.
Before appearing that, the game breaked for some 2 or 3 seconds and then i receive that message error... :( :?

I though ea could correct this error, not now...
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Andre_online wrote:I had an error once every now and then, which always happens during an extremely long pursuit chase. This is the error if you're curious to know:

Thats exactly the error I get during every very long pursuit. EA didn't fix yet another thing.
envee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by envee »

with patch 1.3 installed the game freezes and the display goes black , after that you have to restart. Didnt have that problem with 1.2 the 1.3 patch is a mess imo , they fix one thing but then smt else stops working , dont you just hate it when that happens..
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Well, for me, the game crashes at least once a day (every time I get busted -- OR whenever it feels like it :?)
But, I think it is a graphics card issue, so I'll be getting a new one in the mail most likely tomorrow 8)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

OK, I think I know why the game crashes to the desktop, and it has nothing to do with error screenie that I did.

But before I can go on, I'd need to know one thing. When you guys got busted, did you guys press ALT + F4 and exit the game? Because if you did, that's probably the main cause of the crash. I've experimented it myself, that if I press ALT + F4 at any point in time just to exit, the game won't behave normally when it's re-launched. Trust me on this. I've done this for more than three times and the exact same thing happened.

So, my solution is, when you get busted, just let it be. Or better, switch off the AutoSave mode, so you can get back to where you were. But do remember to manually save every progress you've made so far.

But what ever you do, DON'T EXIT BY PRESSING "ATL + F4". Exit from the main menu by pressing "Q".

Ever since I found out about this error, I haven't had any crashes during pursuit chases, nor when I get busted or during a race or whatsover. I'd like to know if this could work out for the rest.

Hope this helps... :P
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Alt+ F4 is a bad idea for games, makes them run weird... With most games, when it is closed improperly, it will tell you the next time you start the game and ask you if you want to start in 'Safe Mode'. Guess not with MW.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

There's a Most Wanted Safe Mode launcher... But I don't know if that'd work.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

I don't do Alt F4, I exit into desktop with the windows button then bring up task manager.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It's almost the same procedure. You have to exit legally, not from outside the game.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Someone remember that I POST the first error of that kind? even with a pic? Well, i just installed 512 of Ram, and now i don't have that error anymore, even with the DEMO. So, again, i think probably it must be the RAM usage.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

"Andre_online"]I had an error once every now and then, which always happens during an extremely long pursuit chase. This is the error if you're curious to know:

When you guys got busted, did you guys press ALT + F4 and exit the game? Because if you did, that's probably the main cause of the crash. I've experimented it myself, that if I press ALT + F4 at any point in time just to exit, the game won't behave normally when it's re-launched. Trust me on this. I've done this for more than three times and the exact same thing happened.
I got the same error and I do remember exiting the game earlier that time with ALT+F4, it may be possible that is the actual cause. Haven't tried getting 5x heat yet cause thats when I actually got the error.
BTW I have an ATI Radeon x700 pro, and 512 of ram so Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with ram...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I too have an error whilst playing MW. The error usually occurs when I'm in the lead and all of a sudden from no where a freakin' AI racer comes up from behind and leaves me for dead, and no matter what I do I can never catch up to him in that freakin crappy riced out PUNTO with bright pink rims :x I then smash the keyboard across my head several times until the letters A S D become imprinted on my forehead. Its a very unusual error, nothing like I've faced before, does it have something to do with my system specs?

AMD 64X2
1GB RAM
256 GRAPHICS CARD
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Trust me Ibi, even installed on the best computer on this planet wouldn't help. It's the game, not the computer. ;)

BTW, just a small update here, that error hasn't occured to me ever since I stopped exiting the game by ALT + F4.
sigsegv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by sigsegv »

Andre_online wrote:BTW, just a small update here, that error hasn't occured to me ever since I stopped exiting the game by ALT + F4.
Andre, ALT-F4 sends a "SIGTERM" to any program ... that IS actually the proper way to finish a program (oh well, I admit, maybe not in EA's definition :twisted: ). Any program properly written should behave, cleanup the memory and whatever mess it does on the hard drive and shutdown.

OTOH I was doing that a lot in career mode. No apparent link between this and the error (BTW, I got it only once).
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well it could be for any running programs, but not gaming softwares as far as I know... You quit it the proper way if there is an option to do that.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

Sir Ibi wrote:I too have an error whilst playing MW. The error usually occurs when I'm in the lead and all of a sudden from no where a freakin' AI racer comes up from behind and leaves me for dead, and no matter what I do I can never catch up to him in that freakin crappy riced out PUNTO with bright pink rims :x I then smash the keyboard across my head several times until the letters A S D become imprinted on my forehead. Its a very unusual error, nothing like I've faced before, does it have something to do with my system specs?

AMD 64X2
1GB RAM
256 GRAPHICS CARD

I think I know what race you're talking about lol, I had to retry that like 4 times, all you have to do is drive with skills, and not let him pass you, get in his way and keep pusing around, if it's the same race I think , there should be a couple of turns where the AI just cant really be "intelligent"

The error hasn't appeared to me again, only the time I had exited the game the other way....
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

The game is abit screwed up... i think patch 1.2 should fix da errors... 1.3 is messed up...
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

it seems that the 1.3 patch didnt fix that bug...
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

I don't know if its a bug but even with full tires and suspension the traction in the game stilll sucks.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i was saying that error could be a typical error with low memory set (256 of ram or less i think)
The Prodigy
Stock
Stock

Post by The Prodigy »

envee WTF u doin with my avatar? get ur own
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

1.3 didnt really fix noffing in the game but net stuff...i guess we just gota sit back and wait for 1.4...but i never got any problems wit my game...do u guys have black edition or regular? i got black but im not sure if its a diff or not...

Return to “Most Wanted”