problem with nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
ben_0026
Ricer
Ricer

problem with nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200

Post by ben_0026 »

hi... anyone can help me??? I'm having some problem with my graphic card... when i overclock it, it seems like its much slower :( ... anyone know what's da problem???

Standard 200watt PSU

[/quote][/code]
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

honestly your problem is your card.. i mean really man your card should burn in hell ir in a microwave.. 5200 is a pos... so is your power supply... save up money and get a 6600gt and a 400 watt power supply..
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I've got the same graphics card. It's the definition of CRAP.

Tip: get a new one. i.e. 6600GT like RenoVado suggested.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

In the mean while, dont overclock it before you end up with no card at all.
korge
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I have overclocked mine as well. In fact I'm pretending to burn it, so that I could buy a new one without getting my father telling me "wtf you are wasting the money, your gfx card is ok and it works"
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

My mum replaced her interigated sis graphics chip with a FX5200... I agree... POS...

But then again, compared to a sis chip its f**king awsome :lol:
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

its your moms..............okay nvm leave it alone.......... :oops:
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

RenoVado wrote:honestly your problem is your card.. i mean really man your card should burn in hell ir in a microwave.. 5200 is a pos... so is your power supply... save up money and get a 6600gt and a 400 watt power supply..
Why is it that when I say I have a 6600GT, you say it's a POS ... but then you advise others to get one ... and say I make no sense ... ??
RenoVado wrote:6600gt is a pos it has 128bit bandwidth
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

ok w0w where do i start here........

okay....

a 6600gt is a pos today ,but its better than what he has.. in his situation a 6600gt and a 400 wat powersupply would do him good...

it does make perfect sense because his specs are lower than yours and everybody has different levels of need... what you cannot understand. thats your need is very different than his..

basically what i am saying is

Him=6600gt + 400+ watt PSU

you= dont really care for that matter.....

his card is a staggering 64bit ,while the 6600gt is 128bit.. you see the factor here?
i hope you do bud..

where as the 6800le and above has a pipeline of 256bit... which is needed in games to fully extend its needed power.. (in the 6th generation GPU)

in total Nvidia's 5 generation is a joke....... which includes all of the FX's....

Nvidia's 7 series is a joke aswell. but i wont get into this for the sake of an argument..

if u want to argue ur gonna do it alone..

:arrow:
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I understand x-bit memory; it's the amount of data transferred per memory clock cycle ... Thus 400 MHz 64-bit memory = 200 MHz 128-bit memory = 100 MHz 256-bit memory = 3.2 GB/s memory bandwidth = slow

What I don't understand is why you would recommend a card that is, in your opinion, a POS ...
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

you obviously havent understood my post fully.. read it again :arrow:
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

what does the word POS mean :?:
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

POS = Piece of shiznit
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

POS = Piece of shiznit
lol, now I understand what you're talking about... Don't think the fx5200 is a piece of shiznit, depends on the use, for example it's a very good card for a Mediacenter cuz it supports DirectX9 and it's silent (passive cooling). For gaming it's a very big POS though. :lol:

On topic: A graphics card should get faster when overclocking so you probably need a new PSU...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

umm all nvidia's 5000's suck ass they are the worest cards ever put on the market....thats y they had to bring out the 6000's and kill ati before ati stayed ontop wit their 9000's and thats y i got the 7800gt.. ^__^ cause im GOD LIKE
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

RenoVado wrote: in total Nvidia's 5 generation is a joke....... which includes all of the FX's....

Nvidia's 7 series is a joke aswell. but i wont get into this for the sake of an argument..

^^ hehe
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

RenoVado wrote:
RenoVado wrote: in total Nvidia's 5 generation is a joke....... which includes all of the FX's....

^^ hehe
they could of made the 7 series alot better then this and everyone knew they can i think they just waiting to blow up in everyones face wit the 8 series ^__^
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

you sir are so correct.... the 5 series was a test for the 6...

the 7 series is a test for the 8's...and so on and so on.. :idea:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Lol I can only afford a FX5200 128MB. It's WAY better than the gay GeForce 2 GTS I had... I'm happy enuff with my FX5200. I get good grades, I get better graphics, maybe even a whole better computer. :D
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

I actually got one in the Computer i just got.

It is a POS(lol) and so is my ATi Radeon 9250 128Mb :lol: but its better than the nVidia :D
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

EuroRacer wrote:
POS = Piece of shiznit
lol, now I understand what you're talking about... Don't think the fx5200 is a piece of shiznit, depends on the use, for example it's a very good card for a Mediacenter cuz it supports DirectX9 and it's silent (passive cooling). For gaming it's a very big POS though. :lol:

On topic: A graphics card should get faster when overclocking so you probably need a new PSU...
The FX5200 is a POS, though ... Even the MX440, which is much less expensive and much older, is significantly faster, although it doesn't support DX8 or higher ... BTW, the FX5200 doesn't fully support DX9 ... In fact, the FX5 series should be considered a strictly DX8 as their DX9 performance is absolutely atrocious ...
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Don't you mean their directxeverything performance is atrocious :lol:
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

Jmac- wrote:
EuroRacer wrote:
POS = Piece of shiznit

The FX5200 is a POS, though ... Even the MX440, which is much less expensive and much older, is significantly faster, although it doesn't support DX8 or higher ... BTW, the FX5200 doesn't fully support DX9 ... In fact, the FX5 series should be considered a strictly DX8 as their DX9 performance is absolutely atrocious ...
I use the fx5200 in my (Windows :? ) Mediacenter and Windows Mediacenter requires a graphics card that fully supports DX9 so my MX420 wouldn't do it anymore because Windoze would just give a stupid error message and turn off. That's why I say the fx5200 is a good card for a Mediacenter: it's cheap, it supports DX9 and it does the job fast enough :wink:
ben_0026
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ben_0026 »

cheezzz..... thanx man... so all i have to do is to buy a better gfx n' a 400 watt psu... thanx alot...
Nothing Is Enough In This World
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

ditch that thing. i used to have one. Swap it for a 6600 like me. XD

Return to “The Hardware & Software”