This game is beating the crap out of me! Help please!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Mac Fraser
Ricer
Ricer

This game is beating the crap out of me! Help please!

Post by Mac Fraser »

I just got the game and I have to say its been kicking my ass. NFSU2 was alot easier. I had to keep restarting on like the first couple of races. It seems like no matter how much nitro I use I can never catch up. And when I do I hit something and they fly right by me. It's a cool game but it's pissing me off big time. Someone please give me tips on how to progress easier.
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Try not hit anything, learn to stay and the road and use the break
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

And remember there's the Speedbreaker feature in this game. Read up on the <a href="http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 055">NFSMW FAQ</a> if you're not sure about the Speedbreaker feature. :)
MrRoboto
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrRoboto »

You are not alone. A lot of people think that this game is extremely harder than the previous NFS games. It's because the A.I. cheats like you wouldn't believe. And they drive like Gods. Couple that with a catch-up mode that you can't switch off, and you've got an mind-numbingly hard game.

And if you think career mode is hard, wait until you try the challenges. Whoo, boy. The last dozen made me want to cry.

I beat career mode once. I'm not going to start another one. Too frustrating.

Here's some stuff I did:
1. Use N2O downhill and on straight courses. And exiting corners.
2. Use speedbreaker around corners and heavy traffic.
3. Turn the world detail all the way down; there'll be less crap to run in to.
4. Shortcuts often aren't.
5. AWD and FWD cars handle a lot better than RWD cars (in the game world of course)
6. Look far ahead down the road. It sounds obvious, but most of the time you'll forget and pay attention to just two car lengths.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

yep. but a challenge is always nice. ea assumes you have played the previous nfs games and have became a master at it, so they turned it up a notch. ;)
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

i also just got the game. the races are hard but the cop pursuits arent hard at all for me. :D
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Flameking wrote:i also just got the game. the races are hard but the cop pursuits arent hard at all for me. :D
I just hate it when I get stuck on something and 'reset' -- I always get caught. Now that pisses me off. :evil:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The Career mode is incredibly easy. I mean when I challenged Blacklist #2, it was so easy to beat him, though I admit it is really cheap because he made so many major mistakes (when I made very minor ones) and he was able to keep close to me.

Now, the challenges are a whole different story. I'm on the "2nd longest" tollbooth that must be made in 7 minutes or less. It's not that it's hard but the police keep ramming into you, which make you lose speed, which makes you lose time and time is VERY precious.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

On Blacklist #3, the f-cking DB9 crashed two seconds later I started. I'm like wtf. So, I wouldn't consider this game hard, it's just time consuming and patience-ful.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I think the level of difficulty in MW is quite right, despite the fact it's achieved with a somewhat cheating AI. NFSU2 was soooo easy that it got real boring real fast. NFSU1 had a few memorable tough races.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

MW is not a hard game... but that damn catch-up is annoying
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Drag races are very hard for me... I only win when the Blacklist opponent Totals themselves!

Here's a tip in Career: don't install Uniques on your ride. I didn't choose any on my first playthrough (choosing all Bonus Markers) and found it much easier than on my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, when I have been using Uniques. The AI are so much faster when you have uniques (or at least they seem to be in my case). And those f***ing AI Puntos don't half shift...
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

It is a harder game than most NFS games, but Porsche Unleashed is harder. (I just beat MW on Christmas Eve, and I'm still working on PU!)

Which game did you start on?
If you started at Hot Pursuit 2, where EA made the games easier, it's a problem many people have had. Personally, I started at Need For Speed II SE, and it was extremely hard for me because I was a little kid then.

One tip from me is for you to try to tune for different races. Though it's not as in-depth as the tuning was in previous NFS games, you can still tune to your advantage. Also, where exactly are you in the game, with what car, and which upgrades? I can help more if I get more info, y'kno?
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

SkeeteRX7 wrote:It is a harder game than most NFS games, but Porsche Unleashed is harder. (I just beat MW on Christmas Eve, and I'm still working on PU!)

Which game did you start on?
If you started at Hot Pursuit 2, where EA made the games easier, it's a problem many people have had. Personally, I started at Need For Speed II SE, and it was extremely hard for me because I was a little kid then.

One tip from me is for you to try to tune for different races. Though it's not as in-depth as the tuning was in previous NFS games, you can still tune to your advantage. Also, where exactly are you in the game, with what car, and which upgrades? I can help more if I get more info, y'kno?
I am just like you...I started with Road&Track's The Need For Speed though (which was the first game in the series).
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

Make sure you play with the tuning of the handling and steering... always completely up your SC/TCer if possible, spend money on performance, not bling.

Remember: Vroom-Vroom before Bling-Bling :wink:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

There is no bling-bling in this game, but what you said is true, I always use my marker selections to get unique performance upgrades.
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

I actually always go for the ? mark boxes... those get out of jail free cards come in handy... and the pink slips are worth it :lol:

You either save money buying a car, or you can sell off all the body crap for usually about $5k, then sell the car itself for whatever it's worth :D

Quick tip I'm not sure everyone knows: When you get a blacklist pinkslip, drive it to the shop, choose "Parts" and buy back all the stock parts... trading in the upgraded ones nets you money.

When you sell a car with all that crap on it, that isn't factored in and you're usually screwed out of about $4-6k :(

I like my cars plain anyways, so I will sell all that garbage regardless of whether I'm selling it or not.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice tip there flatlander.. ;)
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Yeah. Great Tip. Agree with xHaZxMaTx.
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!

Return to “Most Wanted”