Is the Lotus Elise the best car in MW?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Is the Lotus Elise the best car in MW?

Post by Dagon »

The moment it came up for purchase in my "screw around" game I immediately brought a Lotus Elise in MW, and was somewhat more than suprised at how damn good it seems to be. While the top speed is somewhat underwhelming, the Elise can -turn- amazingly well; you can actually take most turns at the Elises' top speed without losing more than 5 k's of speed; this means that while other cars may beat the Elise on a straight, nothing comes close whenever there's a corner. You can even ACCELERATE on corners; for this reason it's also an awesome car for Speedtrap races with the traps just after turns or inside a series of turns.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I do much better lap times with the Carrera GT than the Elise (both fully-tuned, no unique parts) ...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

umm i cant find the eliet a good car o.O
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i think the elise isnt good at all.

Il;l stick with my SLR mclaren
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Fadeproof wrote:Il;l stick with my SLR mclaren
UGLY! :x
Dunno, never tried the Elise, but from what I've heard it's one of the best.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Porsche Carrera GT...the car of my dreams (from the game) and in my opinion the best car and that F1 sound...*******. (I hope I don't get banned for saiyng that ) :P

...not that the Elise is bad...

banned is a bit far but atleast try to think before you post!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i stick with my Porsche Turbo... properly upgraded and tuned, it's a beast =D
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

I like the Elise purely because of it's amazing handling - it's the only car I've seen which doesn't ever need to slide round a corner because it can simply turn through them. (but it can still slide too, since it's RWD); this means I can accelerate to full speed and stay there for the entire race rather than loosing speed every corner.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Ugh... The Lotus is probably my last choice. Its acceleration is horrendous! I can't get a first position lead after the GO light. This doesn't happen when I use other cars like the Cayman, which is a much better choice.
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

If you hammer half a tank of nitrous off the line you can usually get into 5th gear in about 10 metres and easily pass the starting rank.
fos4276
Stock
Stock

Post by fos4276 »

Actually the Lotus Elise isn't that bad at all, but maybe the handling is little bit strange in the game, so make its handling isn't as good as the real one.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Andre_online wrote:Ugh... The Lotus is probably my last choice. Its acceleration is horrendous! I can't get a first position lead after the GO light. This doesn't happen when I use other cars like the Cayman, which is a much better choice.

I agree that the Cayman is a better choice: Not quite as maneuverable, but it has more power and is a lot more stable. One thing I hate about the Elise is that, because it's so light, whenever you hit anything, it slows you down so much. Also, when you lose the rear end, it's harder than most cars to regain control.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

The Elise sure does stick to the road, but when it get's-a slidin', it's stays-a slidin'!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

man i love the elise... its one of my best racing cars... its crazy handling and high acceleration makes it one of the best.... even carrera gt doesnt handel as good...

The only thing that annoys me bou it is that it is a very bad car for police pursuits becuz of its very light weight...

But its a beauty that has the best handles in the game, and a relatively high acceleration....

@Faderproof: the SL is an amazing car... Almost one of the best in the game... defenitely one that ppl should get in the career mode....
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Is the performance of the Elise even realistic? I know it's light weight and because of that, it doesn't have a very powerful engine but it's still has good handling but I really doubt the Elise could turn that well at those high speeds.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Its acceleration is very weak. Its speed is average for me...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Andre_online wrote:Its acceleration is very weak. Its speed is average for me...
I just noticed that when I have it a try today. The acceleration's the weakest point, speed is good (not great) but the handling...woah...you can take corners like a madman. :shock:

So it's not the best overall car in MW but to me, it is the best car for twisting tracks with a lot of tight curves and corners.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I'll stick to my fully maxxed Clio V6 - just love the handling of that go-kart - better than the Elise IMO (but then I like slidey cars).
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Sure, it has cornering ability, but its unstable because it's mid-engine, rear wheel drive. Also, it can't even take a hit from a light SUV, even in real life. Imagine if you saw a riced-out Eise on I-95 with a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SUV's on its tail. You would die if you were hit. I prefer mid engine-all wheel drive, or front engine-rear wheel drive for racing layouts. Even a heavier, more balanced MR is good, like the Cayman S or Clio.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

The Elise is awesome in the "minimum" cop risk races... and something I've found very useful to remedy the slide when it gets sideways... timebreaker :lol:

Try it :wink:
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

I like using it against cops - it requires a lot of finesse to use effectively against the police but they can never catch you if you do it right, due to the handling of the elise.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Nope...Lamborghini Murcielago. :D King of them all IMO ATM BTW! :lol:
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
StoneNewt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneNewt »

It's in the 'big 4' for me, for anything tight n' twisty the Elise comes out, it slides about a fair bit when you have the front sorted but that's fine for the type of race I use this with. If things are a little faster the Gallardo comes out to play, it's not as agile as the Elise but it's more stable & forgiving at higher speeds. When things get really fast though the Murcielargo is the car to have, I'm sure other cars get to higher speeds quicker but the Murcie' makes it much easier to hold onto what speed you have. Finally the Evo VIII, successor to the Mustang as the cop killer, it's not as agile as the Elise but strangely it's easier to out manoeuvre the cops & is much more forgiving with quick line/direction changes.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

StoneNewt wrote:When things get really fast though the Murcielargo is the car to have, I'm sure other cars get to higher speeds quicker but the Murcie' makes it much easier to hold onto what speed you have.
YEAH! ITALIAN POWER! 8) Lambo Lover Forever 8)
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!

Return to “Most Wanted”