Hey check this out it's camaro in career WTF??

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

I'm no expert in hex-editing stuff, but after a few tries i managed to get the camaro in career mode. However, it's very useless ... you can't add performance upgrades expect from junkman parts, no hoods no roofscope no spoilers, all you can change is the color, add some vinyl and slap different rims on it.

Here's some pics:

For anyone who still wants the Camaro in career play, here's a savegame which starts you off with it:

http://rapidshare.de/files/10048915/CAMARO.rar.html

Good luck with it
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

care to explain the innner workings of the Most Wanted Save game? i'd enjoy having the camaro in quick race a lot more than i would enjoy having it in career mode....

on a side note, if i send you a savegame, will you be able to insert the camaro in it for me?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Gee, thanks Stat! Got a few questions here though:
  • Do we still go to the Car Lot to purchase the Camaro or will it be in our Safe House?
  • So we can't modify its performance right? But how the heck can the junkman parts be in the Career Mode? AFAIK it's only for My Cars which is outside Career Mode.
  • When we're spotted by the cops, do the cops recognize that it's a Camaro? If they do, will they say out the car name on the radio?
  • Care doing the same thing for the M3 GTR? Hehe...
Looking forward to your reply... :D
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Andre:

The camaro is in your safehouse, I replaced the starter car.
You can't purchase it in the car lot ... doen't even know what happens when you try to sell it.
You can earn junkman parts when defeating blacklist members.
I don't know about the cop thing ... I'll check on that too.
[edit]... suspect is driving a blue camaro ... :D [/edit]

As for the BMW ... I'll get back on that after my vacation :D

Prince:

It's kinda hard to explain ... the savegame file stores all the car details from your career and your 'my car' list so it was kinda hard figuring out which was which ... just fire up hex edit and study it, so did I.

Search for 1945949019459490, that's the hex code for the camaro :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

wow.... that's a long string of numbers....

on a side note, this could qualify as the start of hex-editing in Most Wanted. i know NFSU2 had a hex-editing thread. maybe there should be one for Most Wanted. i'll take a look and see if i can find the hex codes of any other cars....

btw, how exactly do you know where the header for one car starts?
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

This is the start of the car list ... here you can change the cartype.
The selected part is the BMW M3 GTR.

This bigger piece is the car atributes, I think. This defines about everything in and on the car. This is what should be inspected closer by the real modders :) . I made a typo with the camaro in this part and it ended up with all the wheels in the same spot :D . This selection is also the BMW M3 GTR.

Note that when you change something in your savegame it won't load again.
I think there's a checksum in the savegame of some sort.
To change things I used Tsearch while the game was running
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

The only thing i dont get is once youv found the hex wehere would you put it?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

yes, there is a checksum... fortunately, i've found a program that can fix checksums (yay!) i think it should be added to the NFSMW tools page, since it is a savegame editor as well...

here's the link!

EDIT:

STAT-X, is that pic you posted the start of the carlist for career cars, or for My Cars cars?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Stat, is there any ways I can get the Camaro into the Career Mode without having to re-play the whole Career Mode again (the one you provided)?
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

prince1142003 wrote:STAT-X, is that pic you posted the start of the carlist for career cars, or for My Cars cars?
Both ... actually, all the cars are in there, bonus and blacklist cars to, very smart from EA.
The career and 'my cars' are near the end of the list.

If you have hex workshop, try comparing 2 savegames.
For example, compare a savegame with an empty 'my cars' list with one which has different cars in it.

Really gotta go now ... be back after the weekend
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Andre_online wrote:Stat, is there any ways I can get the Camaro into the Career Mode without having to re-play the whole Career Mode again (the one you provided)?
Edit your savegame :D

Sorry, for now that's the only way I can think of.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

once i figure this out, i'll post a completed savegame with the BMW and the Camaro in the MyCars section
yashrg
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yashrg »

god this hex thingy is way out of my mind...so please post a trainer if u find one..and wow they actually announce the name of the car in pursuit in carrer mode...so the makers knew that this could be done?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it's because the camaro is in one of the pursuit challenges. in that, they cops announce the name of the car out loud. so, it makes sense that when the car is put in career mode, they'd the the same.

and making a trainer with this is out of my league.... first i have to figure out exactly how to use this info... everytime i try it, i end up with half a BMW and half whatever else car i was trying to replace....
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Prince could you tell me where you put the hex. I would kow where to find it just not where to put it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

well, i messed around with my savegame... first, i put a Golf in MyCars, then made a copy of the savegame. then i went and changed the body kit on the Golf. after comparing the two files in Hex Workshop, and just messing around, i was able to figure out where the header for that car began. replacing it with the BMW header that STAT-X posted here gave me a Golf with the BMW top, and a Golf everything else
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

u guys can becom hackers... (thats a good thing ;))
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

Hrm, perhaps our esteemed hex-editors could haxxor the camaro till it's a workable car with actual performance? Swap the cam's stats for the elises', perhaps. The lack of hoods, etc, is likely related to the models for the hoods not existing so that'd require some more extensive haxxery; this'd mean you could upgrade it ingame too.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

if i were u i wouldnt try to mess wit the game... so it doesnt get ruined... just an advice
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Dagon wrote:Hrm, perhaps our esteemed hex-editors could haxxor the camaro till it's a workable car with actual performance? Swap the cam's stats for the elises', perhaps. The lack of hoods, etc, is likely related to the models for the hoods not existing so that'd require some more extensive haxxery; this'd mean you could upgrade it ingame too.
i doubt that would be possible. it seems the game "understands" what car is in the shop using the header. depending on what that header is, it makes certain options available. and it also seems to "know" when we've done something illegal, and just shuts itself down.

for example, using the MegaTrainer to put junkman parts on either the Camaro or the BMW will crash the game. it has to do with how the EXE handles the cars and it's parts.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Is there a way to take one of your cars in career and keep all the attributes and just swap the body mesh to the camaro? That way performance parts would become a reailty, but body mods would be way off. Maybe change the wheel alignments too so we can swap rims.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

hex editing for most wanted is still at it's infancy.... we dont know what will and wont be possible for a while....

as for performance, that seems unlikely. evey car has it's own set of performance parts, and cross application causes the game to crash... pity....
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

rar, leave it up to EA to leave their software completely unfinished -_-
Xxwho3zJohnQxX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xxwho3zJohnQxX »

Somone probobly HACKED the game and got the camero SKIN to REPLACE some car.

Its a possible Mod, but who knows. I dont even know how to do this stuff, but hey its possible.

Perhaps the vinyls were photoshoped even. But probobly not.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Everything to do with editing is possible... just how though :?

Return to “Editing”