Police Avoidance Help...

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
thealfheim
Ricer
Ricer

Police Avoidance Help...

Post by thealfheim »

Hi all....

I'm having a few issues avoiding the police. I'm up to heat level 4, using the Porsche Cayene S.

What tends to happen is the cars will box me in against a wall, and I'm unable to drive away. This comes about in one of three ways:
If I slow down too much to take a corner (or miss a corner), it gives time for a bunch of cars ahead to slow me down.
If one of the cars pushes me into a wall.
If a roadblock slows me down.
The police then swarm, and there's no room to move.

I tend to avoid pursuit breakers unless its really necessary. At the moment, I'm trying to earn the milestones to get to the next blacklist guy (the Corvette). Out of a bunch of attempts, Ive only achieved the necessary milestones once, but wasnt able to loose the police.

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the police at higher heat levels?

Cheers,
TheAlfheim
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

When hitting roadblocks, either avoid them at all costs or hit the rear quarter panel of the car. Avoid hitting the front, and use the Speed Breaker often. Using it increases traction, increases velocity and increases handling.

If a car pushes you, just push back. If you're good enough, push them into something like traffic or a wall.

If you get boxed in, never reset your car. It's always better to try to push through or go in revese, then turn forward.

Try not to underestimate the police. Though they may seem dumb sometimes, their actually smarter then you think, and might suprise when least expected.

If you're on the highway and you're trying to lose the cops, take the next exit off and hide in the city. It's impossible to hide in the city.

Taking ramps or jump is much like a pursuit breaker, and most cops will flip over trying to follow you through them.

Hope that helps ;)
J_Dogg
Ricer
Ricer

How to avoid the police

Post by J_Dogg »

If you are coming to a roadblock (no matter what the type of cop car) try to hit any one of the cars on the side of their trunk. Your almost guaranteed to flip the car over which always immobilizes them, plus most of the time you will either jump over the cop car or plow right underneith the car.

Spike strips, if you look at you map the arrows showing the cop cars, the pointed end is the front of the car right, if the arrow is pointed to the left side of the road, then the spike strip is on the left side of the road, same for if they're facing the to the right, and as the same with the roadblock, plow into them in the back. This works well if you happened to miss the police warning to others where the spikes lie on the road.
thealfheim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thealfheim »

Hi Guys,

On the lower heat levels, I usually hit the cars in the b-pillar (middle of the car). It flips them, giving you instant bounty, as well as immobilising them.
On the later heat levels, I do try for the rear end. But sometimes, they have a second car right behind it, so you've effectively hitting two cars, which usually doesnt work.
Any impact slows you down though, and that can give the police enough to get around you and start to box you in.

I almost never reset my car.

When they push, you dont always have the option to push back. If they hit you hard enough, they can drive your car sidewards until you hit a wall. While your car's moving like that, youre basically a passenger.

Is there some way to anticipate the rhino units? I sometimes see them off in the distance, but usually, its too late, and we hit.

The approach Ive started using is to maximise my speed, and keep in front of the police by whatever means necessary. It seems to work well (until they hit you from the side, or a roadblock, or something).

Cheers,
TheAlfheim
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

If you're going sideways, then turn in the direction they are going (If they're pushing from the right, turn right) , then you'd have taken a 180.

It's very hard to predict 2 SUVs comming at you, but avoiding them is a major plus as the cops following you will easily get into a head on collision.

When approaching roadblocks with a double layer, approach at an angle. Dont turn off Speed Breaker until you are cleared of the roadblock. If you stop cold, turn around go in the other direction. Going forward would just get you trapped.

Getting top speed is not going to help, because the cops will always be able to zoom up ahead of you at any times (Regardless of which car or heat level). It's a better idea to remain unpredictable.
SUPERLUUKA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SUPERLUUKA »

LETS NOT FORGET THE OLD FAITHFULL BUSS STATION TECHNIQUE...

SIT ON THE BRIDGE BETWEEN THE TWO RAMPS IN THE BUSSTATION AND WAIT. OCCASIONALLY A COP WILL MAKE IT UP THERE, BUT IF YOU PLAY IT RIGHT YOU CAN USUALLY PUSH THEM OFF OR THEY JUST FALL OFF.
HKS
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HKS »

or just park on the busses itself. :D
SUPERLUUKA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SUPERLUUKA »

PARKING ON THE BUSSES IS GOOD FOR BUILDING BOUNTY, HOWEVER THE COPS ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET TO YOU IF YOU ARE PARKED THERE OR ON THE SHELTER (WHEN ON THE BUSSES/SHELTER THE COPS FIND IT HARDER TO GET UP THERE IF YOU PARK AT AN ANGLE ie NOT FACING DIRECTLY TOWARDS OR AWAY FROM THE RAMP. I THINK THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE AI ACCESES YOUR DIRECTION)

HIDING ON THE BRIDGE BETWEEN THE TWO RAMPS IS A MUCH BETTER WAY OF JUST EVADING... ;)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Is your caps permenantly locked or what? :roll:

Anyways, the bus interchange is not my cup of tea. It never has. The cops still comes back at me after going up to the ramp. Worst, I once got pushed by the Vettes and fell! And by the time I recovered, they are all over me.

I certainly wouldn't recommend the bus station. :|
StoneNewt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneNewt »

Okay stage one, find a car you like, get comfortable with it, don't just rely on stock handling, you can push the characteristics of the car about with fine tuning, but make sure you can turn hard on the brakes. Once you've done that, learn how to slide & drift through corners, understand how it 'bounces' off traffic & walls, after this learn how to use speed breakers to turn the car aggressively carrying as much momentum as possible out of the turn and most importantly work out how to get the most traction out of the thing.

Now you've done that get to stage two, it doesn't matter where but find an area in the game that gives you options, and lots off them & quick access to the freeway too. In this area learn your breaking points, the way to turn through corners at high speed without losing control, where the pursuit breakers are, where the cool down spots are. Road blocks always are in set places & set ups, some even only trigger during cool downs of when you have a certain number of cops on your tail, learn them & their weaknesses.

Stage three, applied carnage :twisted:. Sure tagging the tail of a cop car will get you through the block without much incident, however it doesn't do much to take heat off your back, going in hard on the hood at an oblique angle will often take out 2 or more cars in the road block and send them spinning & bouncing all over the place with little more slow down. But if you don't like your chances change direction fast, use speed breakers if you need to do 180s, don't hit the brakes hard you'll get rammed all over the place, this is why you learnt how you car reacts & how to turn it. SUVs, make them turn, they're much slower than you can you can easily flick past them in a dash of nitros. As for spikes, I duno why people have such a problem with them, you can spot them a mile off, it's about the look of the road block, the only problem I have with them is when I get to cocky ;)
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Don't forget to turn off the Game Moment Camera... That thingy got me busted because the Camera spinned my views from Spike strip ahead when I've just broken the Pursuit Breaker of the water tower. Well, got busted then.. Although my Bounty was already about 1 millions. :(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I just stick to the highway (Big one) and go full speed, hit the stop signs on roadblocks or go around or squeeze through the outside, and if i am boxed in, I use the N2O. ( I DONT WANNA BE A RICER BTW)
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

For roadblocks or spike strips, use NOS + speedbreaker, and aim for the rear tire of the cop car or SUV (not the trunk). The rear tire is the spot most likely to cause the cop car to flip over when you hit them. If there's a descent gap between the cop vehicle and side of the road, you can go for that.

If you do get stopped, you want to be able to back up, but this is not likely to happen if you have 5 or 6 cop cars on your tail. For the safe approach, drive around on highway 99 / petersburg clockwise (mostly right turns). Always take the golf course shortcut as this usually drops the cop count. Wait until the backup count is down to 3 or 4 before you start slamming into roadblocks or spike strips.

I made some videos of various pursuits:

n9c68h.wmv
n9c69.wmv
n9fp.wmv
thealfheim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thealfheim »

Thanks for the advice guys!

Ive got a little time tonight, so I might have another go at getting the milestone(s).

jeffr - thanks for the videos. Its interesting to watch how someone else does it.
I couldve sworn in one of those videos that you hit the same pursuit breaker twice? Do they come back after a certain timeframe?

Cheers,
TheAlfheim
JuMbLeBoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JuMbLeBoY »

Yes, after sometime they do return.

As for flipping a police car in a roadblock, don't aim for the very tip of the trunk; it'll just spin, hit if alittle off towards the middle, and watch them fly.

Rhino SUVs, when you see them coming at you, drive alittle left or right, then when they almost hit you, veer to the opposite direction quickly, and you can aviod them. THe trick is to go 1 direction then quickly turn another direction when they are about to hit.

Anyway, 1 method i used to use is that if 2 SUVs are coming at me, and i look back and see no cop right behind me (RIGHT behind me), i'll drive near the side of the road and let the rhino hit me, pushing me back while i reverse and spin off in the other direction. The cop cars in pursuit behind you a moment ago will have to do an 180 to et you, usually the second rhino will give them futher trouble by blocking some part of the road. Don't do this if theres more then 1 cop car RIGHT on your tail, or you'll just get boxed in more likely.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Or, if you get as desperate as I did in one of the Milestones (everytime I got the required bounty, I kept getting busted) - use the Trainer, available from the downloads section of this website.

I know it's cheating, but life's too short to keep repeating a Milestone after the 20th unsuccessful attempt :D
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

l dont recommend it, it takes the fun out of the game. Winning without a trainer (Or straegy guide [We dont count, lol]) is a great feeling, and is bassicly one of the reasons why you would buy a game.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I feel I should add that on my first playthrough, I completed it WITHOUT using a Trainer - it just took a bit longer than subsequent ones!
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

I have 25 cars in my first career mode and everything is 100% (career, rap sheet, and challenge series) NO TRAINER EVER USED! 8)
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
dimitris
Stock
Stock

Post by dimitris »

Hallo
I'm new here and thiw is the first time i'm writing a comment for NFS in general. Firstly my reeting from Athens.
I think i fount a way of completing milestones easily. The past few days when i was trying to complete 2 milestone event i reach the point of the police station. if you look the map there are 3 -4 traps to immobilise cops. The red triangle in the map. One of them is the police radio tower. When you start the event you 've got the police station on your back try to return (this in really easy) and start making circles arount the block no matter whitch direction. when the heat is high enough the chopper will appear and if you are fast enough cops will loose you and you can occasionally hide in the police parking if you are not continue making the circles. the chopper will be above the building and all you have to do is show yourself for a little so the event will continue; you see, the chopper cannot see you when you are under bridges buildings etc...
As concerne road blocks around the block: The cop's blocks are two the first one is near the low exit of the police parking and you can pass it easily from the side near the station and the second one on the road with the separate lanes. You can make a short turn trought the parking to continue the circle.

In level #3 (competing for blacklist 3) this gave me 2 separate events succesfully and last evening this gave me 2 milestone events without a break; totaly 20 minutes of chasing. I got bored and i stoped the chasing by hiding myself to the near by park after a real fast chase in the nearby highway.
This hind helped me several times and no one get busted. since then i test the same with,Mercedes (both) Lancer, porche's (all of them but the GT), Viper, i made a try with DB, and both Lamborghini's.
Needs some practice but it is easy.
I hope this will help you.

Blacklist #2 is mine and i will try again the same to complete the milestone events for #1.

Thanks for your time.
Ps: Believe me!!! my Greeks are much better than my English!!!!
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

1st: drive to the bus station

2nd: drive up that ramp and get to the end and stay there till ur milstoone is done or bounty (note: if you get stuck or fall just click restart and ull be back up there)

3: drive back to station

4: stay at that place where i am by picture number 4 and stay there (note: dont worry they cant get you up there)

and thats it :D
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Yeah they can sometimes, those that come in from the backside of the bus station can go up the ramp and PWN you.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

well if your dum ull drive slow but if your fast and they drive fast up there two they will fall
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Spartan's right (again), I've been busted by surprise sitting up there because a cop rolled up behind me.
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Spartan's right (again), I've been busted by surprise sitting up there because a cop rolled up behind me.
lol theres one thing i forgot to tell you guys dont stay in the middle go to the very end then you wont get busted lol

Return to “Most Wanted”