NFSMW online gameplay

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

NFSMW online gameplay

Post by Bauke777 »

hey all, I had my first races online yesterday and my 1st impression was quite good! I only had time for a couple of races (and I actually mean that ;)) but here are the thoughts that came to my mind:

- imho the interface has improved, shortcut keys are all over the place and we like that!
- rooms stay available, even if the visitors of a room are racing! It results in doing race after race w/o even leaving the room :)
- unlike other race gurus I need a bit of time to complete the single player. B/c I am only at BL12 or 13 orso I'm still at the point of unlocking the ClioV6 (we like that too ;)), I was worried that I was racing guys that had the fastest car in the game, and I was still running w/ a stock Lexus orso. So I tried the quickrace thing 1st and I automatically entered a race w/ equal cars! Was that a coincidence or does the game select races for u?
- I didn't see a lot of lag in the races? So no flying or teleporting cars all over the track... coincidence or is there really a big improvement here?

Well that's about it, but I still have some questions for those who have been playing online longer:

- eventually, I suppose we are all racing the same, but fastest car :'-( So the grid is always filled w/ the same boring car, which is: ...?
- what's w/ the countdown in the upper right corner! It goes from 50 to 7 to 30... eh?
- the concept of NFSU2 of having 1 car for each racetype is gone? So I just pick a car, even already in a room, and race?
- do you have to complete the singleplayer to get everything out of the multiplayer game (cars, tracks, ...)?
- do we have a EU server and a US server like NFSU2 (pls say no)?
- console users and pc users are mixed (pls say yes)?

What do u guys think???
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

lol I guess nobody plays online :)

But, I'll bore u some more: I found out a REALLY-REALLY RIDICULOUS aspect of online NFSMW: on your (only) EA account you are not allowed to create more than ONE profile!!! So what if 2 ppl at ur house want to play online on their own profiles?!?!? I can't believe it :shock:
Attachments
only one.jpg
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Is there free-roam online? That'd be so awesome... Host a server with free run and anyone can go in and then chase each other/spring/drag or initiate other races like NFSUG... Host "meets" too, rofl. That'd be so awesome... I haven't had the chance to play online yet...
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

hey dude, unfortunately there r only 3 racetypes online (as far as I can see): Circuit, Sprint and Drag. So no freeroaming here :s
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

u can free run in 1 sprint track att 77% u can go up in a little alley and free-roam the city but watch out for the yellow "digital" barrier.

EDIT: its nr14 the sprint race
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Can you go online with the ps2 version?
sid3ways
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sid3ways »

No.
EA Removed the option to race online from the PS2 version :(
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

sid3ways wrote:No.
EA Removed the option to race online from the PS2 version :(
omg that is sad, I checked eagames.com to see which systems support online racing: PC, XBox and XBox 360. My friend just bought a XB360 and NFSMW, luckily he can still play online...
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Online trick-or-cheat?

THis guy 'featboy' was invisible in the playerlist in the gameroom. When the race started he was visible in the playerlist, but when the race started lap 1 of 3, it immediately said the race was over! Finish-countdown immediately started when we took off. The screenshot is in Graypoint, the first 25 seconds...

Glitch or...
Attachments
trickorcheat.jpg
Ceanou
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ceanou »

Bauke777 wrote:lol I guess nobody plays online :)

But, I'll bore u some more: I found out a REALLY-REALLY RIDICULOUS aspect of online NFSMW: on your (only) EA account you are not allowed to create more than ONE profile!!! So what if 2 ppl at ur house want to play online on their own profiles?!?!? I can't believe it :shock:
The whole persona thing is stupid, now it says that my persona Ceanou is already taken? regardless that i have registered the game with that name and have logged in online before with it. I will not make a new one so EA can stick this up were the sun don't shine.
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

I just race LAN - I play the first sprint, go backwards and do free roam after that. My friend meet up on the free way and we drag like in real life from tollboth to tollbooth on the main freeway, lol. We played that for hours...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSMW online gameplay

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Bauke777 wrote:- eventually, I suppose we are all racing the same, but fastest car :'-( So the grid is always filled w/ the same boring car, which is: ...?
You see a lot of BMWs, Carrera GTs, Murcielagos, Elises. However in ranked mode or in unranked mode with performance matching, performance is automatically adjusted for each car to make all entries competitive.
Bauke777 wrote:- what's w/ the countdown in the upper right corner! It goes from 50 to 7 to 30... eh?
Once adequate connections have been achieved for all racers in the room, the countdown timer starts at 60 seconds and counts down. Should a new player join the room, the timer will pause while the connection is established. If there is no activity in the room for a few seconds (this includes joins, chat, changing cars, inspecting opponents' cars), the countdown timer will automatically jump forward to 10 seconds and continue counting down from there. Once it hits about 4 seconds, the race is locked in. However, if anyone chats etc during the 10 seconds, the timer is reset back to it's original place to give ppl time to do what they need to do.

So, the fastest way to get a race underway is to say nothing, do nothing. However, I have a hunch that there's a super secret way to get a race started with a shortcut key. I have yet to find out whether this is true on not.

One more thing, I believe that if anyone is in a private chat with another user, the race will not start until that conversation finishes. It's just a hunch at this stage too.
Bauke777 wrote:- the concept of NFSU2 of having 1 car for each racetype is gone? So I just pick a car, even already in a room, and race?
Yep. You can choose any car from Career, My Cars, Bonus or Stock at any time prior to the race starting, even with 1 second to race time. Of course, there's a car select out in the lobby, too.
Bauke777 wrote:- do you have to complete the singleplayer to get everything out of the multiplayer game (cars, tracks, ...)?
Not as far as I'm aware, but then, I am at 98% or something in offline mode.
Bauke777 wrote:- do we have a EU server and a US server like NFSU2 (pls say no)?
Again, not that I know of. It all seems to be the one big server. It's a pity in some ways, since despite my 12/24mbit connection, I get awful connects to the EA Servers from way down here in Aussieland.
Bauke777 wrote:- console users and pc users are mixed (pls say yes)?
Couldn't say tbh. I haven't seen anyone say that they're on a console. I would've thought Xbox users would be limited to Xbox Live, but I could be wrong, it's happened before.
Bauke777 wrote:What do u guys think???
I think about cookies a lot, but I'm sure that's not too important right now.. ;)
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Thnx m8 for answering to my questions!

I too am quite curious of how to force a race to start, since I'm hosting games 99% of the time. I try not to chat, and u see the countdown going 12 - 11 - 10..., some1 says: "cmon man GO GO GO!"... 43 - 42 - 41 ... erm yea well, so I go: "pls don't touch keys, countdown will resume". 12 - 11 - 10... "what do you mean?". nvm, patience still is a virtue eh
GT3x24x7 wrote:from way down here in Aussieland.
No wonder I never saw u online! Not that I'm online that much, but I mostly play late in the evening, from 23:00 hrs to --- or in weekends. There's 1 aussie dude that (apparently) doesn't sleep much, cuz I race him every now and then. Don't know what the timedifference is but I'm Dutch, so there must be several hours of difference. He used to race NFSU2 too, his nick was "FRUITCAKEU8" (lol that name btw), he changed it to "max"-something, mayb u know this countryman.

Return to “Most Wanted”